Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

temp parameters for a Brison 106cc

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 07:32 AM
athos341
My Feedback: (33)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default temp parameters for a Brison 106cc

Anyone know the running temp for the 106cc Brison. On the ground I'm at about 200 but have not gotten her back into the air yet. So she may be a little cooler. Cowl is baffled.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:19 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: temp parameters for a Brison 106cc

200 is acceptable. 300 would be on the edge. In the air it will cool from that quite a bit. Even when it's on the ground, reducing the rpm to idle cools the engine very quickly. Don't forget that those little temp guns are almost impossible to use accurately, and are useless for checking temps immediately after a flight.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:59 PM
RTK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is an interesting thread to read.
Check your plugs, if they look the right color and you have baffling don't worry.
Just go fly and have fun.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_96.../tm.htm#964307
Old 02-12-2006, 03:26 PM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

RTK,

Good call on the thread. The last post from RCIGN on the first page is dead on accurate and very similar to conditions I and many others have experienced in the "field" working with standard r/c twin gassers. There is absolutely no way a person can obtain an accurate engine temperature without the addition of thermocouples and a data logger to the engine. Even then, if the thermocouples are not installed correctly, i.e., under the spark plug boss, a less accurate temp would be noted. Those that are noting engine temps of 180 to 225 are not obtaining a true reading of the actual engine running temperature. They may think they are, but it's not possible. No intercoolers or liquid supplied radiators.

In real world practice, temps of 300 to 375 are pretty common, especially with twins, and will not damage the engine. BTW, those 300 plus temps can be noted on an engine hanging out in the wind or cowled.

Pat