Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Problem with AW 60 engine

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 10:15 PM
xcpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with AW 60 engine

I have an AW 60cc engine (airworld from Germany) that I bought second hand. Initially it was running poorly - when I advanced the throttle quickly it dies and when I advanced it slowly it will continue to run but at a very low RPM. I tried adjusting the needles but this did not seem to help much. Then one day it started running well. Got a few flights with it, but now its back to running with about 1/2 the thrust it previoulsy had. Any ideas as to the problem?

John
Old 04-06-2006, 05:24 AM
H. Wayne S
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Problem with AW 60 engine

Is it electronic ignition? if so; I would check and maybe replace the ignition battery it sounds like WIBS, weak ignition battery syndrome. I would check the hal sensor wire and screws, make sure the screws are tight and there are no breaks in the wiring. If all is well, dissemble the carb and clean it well. Start off with both screws out 1 1/2 turns and tune it from there. JMO.
Good luck.