Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: DA service is hard to beat!

roger that
Old 07-20-2006, 05:07 PM
PlaneKrazee
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just having a little fun with my first post.

I think the BME 50 would be the longest lasting of the bunch because even the crankcase comes right out of the chainsaw and that sucker was made to run and run hard, day in day out. Then again the G62 would also be another Energizer Bunny.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:30 PM
George E.
My Feedback: (16)

I'd have to agree.

On the other hand if you buy a used BME 50 and it burns up in a year and you have no receipt I bet they won't totally rebuild it FREE of charge.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:49 PM
PlaneKrazee

George,

I would agree with that too. But then again it would be the operators fault for sure.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:48 PM
rc bugman
My Feedback: (30)

Hi,

We are way off the original topic but the question came up about the BME-50 or G-62 for my "industrial application". Both engines have a very long ununsupported shaft between the front bearing and the propeller. When the G-62 is run at WOT over 6,000 rpms and you watch very carefully, there is a lot of shaft whip even with a well balanced propeller. This contributes to increased engine vibration. With the BME - 50 of the same design, I think similar problems would also be seen. For the typical modeler who putt-putts around the sky at partial throttle most of the time, this is not an issue. However, full throttle runs for 30 min durations with this shaft whip and increased vibration levels would be very hard on the air frame. I had trouble keeping the muffler on a g-62 on the engine stand with 15 min runs.

I typically run my 3w-50s around 20-30 hrs per season in WOT mode more that 99% of the time. Each of 12 engines gets this type of time and run conditions. Most of the run time comes in about 2 wks of intensive aerial sampling. While the BME-50 and the G-62 engine would tolerate this type of running, the airframe, electronic components and data packages would be severely challenged with the significantly increased vibration levels.

Elson
Old 07-21-2006, 03:49 PM
PlaneKrazee

Elson,

well put.