Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Red max engines

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 09:42 AM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Red max engines

Red max engine for good price. May be same as Zenoah? http://wisesales.com/RedmaxBlowers.html Capt,n
Old 08-24-2006, 05:26 PM
geardaddy
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Red max engines

That is indeed a zenoah engine, as far as a good deal i have 8 62cc saw engines here that when will outperform the regular engines and convert lighter but still tough to sell even at 1/2 the price.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:21 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Yo Jack...That old oxymoron, "conventional wisdom" strikes again...
I can make a 4 lb G62 that is cheaper than most of the new "bling bling" machined case wonders.....HYPE rules, not good old fashioned chainsaw toughness and quality....Write some flowery ads, they will sell...But don't tell anyone they're chainsaws, industrial engine is a bad word....Gotta be "purpose" built...
Good luck, people will believe anything is good if it's new and shiny
Hey moderators, this is NOT SELLING, just an observation
A little bitter ? Damn straight...
Old 08-25-2006, 09:51 AM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

No need to be bitter Ralph.

Guys who KNOW what kind of power the 62 puts out will always shake our heads and laugh at the "hype" crowd with their polished cases.

You got a good thing there in the 62 with your ignition. I've noticed lately in the forums that guys are really starting to look at it as a viable option. The 62 isn't exactly becoming popular--but they are getting more and more good press from guys lately.

Hold on a little longer--you may find yourself taking more orders than you can keep up with.

Shiny cases, hype and good customer service don't mean a darn thing if it's always in the shop. Right? [sm=lol.gif]

How many broken G-62 did you get back last year? Probably count them on one hand and have a few fingers left over. I'll bet the other manufacturers wish they could say that.
Old 08-25-2006, 02:24 PM
Antique

Got a few back when my ignition quit, so I don't make the ignitions any longer...I made a deal with Bill at C&H to use his, no more ignition problems...
Got some bent ones back..
I can't remember when one came back with a manufacturing defect, there have been NONE..
Put oil in the fuel and keep the battery charged, they work forever...(well almost)
Bought a few back from owners who weren't satisfied for some reason, sold them as used engines, no problems.....
The only defect ever was a casting flaw many years ago when the cylinder mold was changed...The casting wall was too thin around the pulse hole and sometimes leaked...All were replaced by ISC International at no cost....
A lifetime guarantee is easy when nothing breaks....
Old 08-25-2006, 05:23 PM
flipflop

Well since this thread was started about the Red Max engines. Ralph, have you ever converted one of the 72cc blowers??? I downloaded the pdf parts file last night, it looked doable. Guess the price is too steep for the engine converters to jump on this one.
Old 08-25-2006, 05:33 PM
Antique

Yes, worked OK...Strange porting, new technology for the EPA...
I think it was the EBZ8000, Zenoah's answer to the Stihl 64.9 four stroke...
You're right about the price...
Old 08-25-2006, 09:50 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My honest opinion is the guys who find these new or used Red max engines are going to realize that it is far better than the average engine to convert yourself and will send it to RCIGN1 to get it converted right. Instead of taking a chance and screwing a Zenoah based engine up. More will come your way to be converted....I read time and time again" if you want to fly and not mess with your engine all the time" get a Zenoah. I got a G38 and its built to last a lifetime. Best Regards Capt,n