Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Brillelli 366GT *60cc*

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 02:21 PM
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brillelli 366GT *60cc*

A little late answer or question.......How old is the gas you are useing? If the gas has been standing around for sometime it will draw water from the air if storage can has a bad or loose cap. I had a similar problem once and found out via a lawnmower repair shop that my gas had water in it. The reason was that the gas I used was about 6 months old in the storage can. Maybe a loose cap or what ever but I just got some fresh gas and re-mixed the oil. Then drained the tank in the plane and re-filled and no more problems. This condition will be found more in areas with high humdity and or rain. But I live in SoCal and it happened to me.

Just a thought.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:36 PM

In the earlier post I read where a guy could not get his Brillelli started and sounded like he tried everything. I just wanted to write I had a nib 366gt I finaly got around to useing I put it on a extreme flight yak 88" couple of days ago and it wound not start after checking all the simple things out I discoverd it was way out of time I used a degree wheel and set the timming at 28 degrees btdc and it started and ran great taching a vess 23a prop at 7200, within 10 minuets of running all was lost, the best at that point I could get out of it was about 6400 rpm after making all the carb adjustments to no avail I rechecked my timming it was 12 degrees off again so I reset it again with a degree wheel it ran fine again about 5 minuets this time , before I started it the second time I carefully marked the prop hub and the timming ring with a felt marker , guess what the prop hub was moving!!!!. this motor could not have been ran before it was sent out no way???, anyway I locked the piston in place with a blunted off long reach spark plug and put an old prop on and un screwed the prop hub from the crankshaft , the threads on the crank were ok but the threads on the hub are shot. my fix on this prop hub was to helicoil 3/8-24 on the end that screws on the crank and use red lock tight on the threads and taper. Thank God this stayed on and didnt fly off at 7200 rpms !!! .I hope this post helps anybody out there with a Birrelli 366Gt engine that wont start or will not perform right my suggestion is to take a deree wheel and check the timming it is so simple to do. briefly said I screwed that long reach plug in with the degree wheel mounted on the front of the engine, I proceeded in turning the engine until it bottoms the piston against the plug and then the other way until it bottoms TDC is rigt in the middle of those points then loosen the 2 set screws on the timming ring and turn the ring until you achieve the correct timming. The CH ignition web site explains this well and they have a printable degree wheel that works great.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:05 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Still looking for an early style (not the later lightweight) Pitts muffler for a 366GT to replace the one I didn't get back.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:08 PM

Hey guys...

I just put mine up for sale... $350 plus shipping.

Nice engine overall but for my 18.5 -19 pound edge at 3500 feet above sea level it's not quite enough.

Chris 403 270-9472
Old 07-04-2009, 10:34 PM

You guys still running your Brillelli 366gt's?

Just an update to my engine... last year it wasn't quite puting out the power I had hoped for after 4 gallons break in and 1 gallon synthetic. Now this season it seems to be gaining power?!!! I swapped it over to my Yak and it's a great match... the Edge, at 19 pounds was a little heavy for the 366gt but in the 16.5 pound Yak it's fantastic!

Hope you're having a good flying season.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:22 AM
My Feedback: (2)

been using mine just over 2 years and i have lost track of just how many gallons of fuel i have gone through. a bunch of 'em. brillelli may have went belly up but dang if scott didn't make a good one when he was making them. that engine has not let me down a single time from a fault of it's own. the plane is setting right now waiting on parts from extreme flight to get here. my ignition battery went south on me just after take off and she took a hard landing. got the cowl, landing gear, muffler, and spark plug. but it wasn't the engines fault. that rascal runs strong every flight.

i think scott could have had a great business going. he certainly had a good word of mouth going. a shame things turned out the way they did.
Old 07-05-2009, 06:54 AM
My Feedback: (98)

ORIGINAL: ruwafl

i think scott could have had a great business going. he certainly had a good word of mouth going. a shame things turned out the way they did.
Dittto that!
Old 07-05-2009, 09:31 AM

I started running my 366GT on March, 30th after buying it new in 2007. I have about 3 gals thru it with 40:1 Penzoil. I am running the 366GT with a ES Composites tuned pipe and a Vess 23a, getting 7600rpm on the ground. After another gallon I will try a 24x8 that I allready have on hand. My EF Yak is at 18 1/2 lbs & needs to go on a diet, but curious to see if the 24x8 prop will wake up the airframe for high alpha "On the Prop" manuevers. The engine runs great, but is hard to start. I've tried a variety of start procedures and the one that seems to work the best so far is: Full throttle w/ choke on & ign off. 4-flips. Then throttle to 1/4 w/ choke on & ign on. Flip till the engine pops then choke off. From this point it should start on the 1st or 2nd flip, but, it takes 6 to 10, if it starts. Most of the time I have to start the whole procedure again. I have tweaked the needles to perfection. the engine runs strong, throttle transition is excellent, but just hard to start. Any ideas you guys have would be appreciated.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:45 AM

ORIGINAL: EAGLE PILOT
Any ideas you guys have would be appreciated.
Check the timing.

If your choke plate has a hole in it take it off the carb and soldier the hole closed.

After you modify the choke plate the way to start the engine is:
a. Close choke completely.
b. Open throttle half way.
c. Flip engine with ignition on until the engine coughs.
d. Take choke fully off.
e. Set throttle just above idle, flip until it starts, usually 3 to 5 flips.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:53 PM

Hey Guys,
I knew it would happen eventually given how hard I was having to crank down the prop bolt to keep it from slipping. I stripped out the prop hub on my B60 any ideas on where I can send it or how I can fix it?
Old 07-05-2009, 02:41 PM
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Convert it to a 4 bolt. Have a machine shop do it.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:32 PM

They have a machine shop where they where made that's still in business, Jake Rudy may have the number, I'm pretty sure they can fix you up.
Old 07-05-2009, 05:05 PM
My Feedback: (19)

Check with brillellicustoms.com Mark should be able to manuf.one or tell how/where to get it fixed.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:22 PM

Mine starts easy when cold. When warm though I have to use a different procedure. choke idle flip till pop... then I open the choke but not fully(roughly half way) go to half throttle and usually on the 3rd flip it pops then on the 4th flip it starts... I then carefully walk around to behind the airplane and gradually open the choke... my other hand is on the throttle to keep it going but usually what I do is reduce the throttle while I open the choke.

Kind of complicated but it works!
Old 07-07-2009, 07:43 AM

I would turn the "L" need out an 1/8th of turn.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:02 AM
My Feedback: (57)

I just purchased a EF Yak 54 with a Brillelli 60cc engine.  I am new to gassers and had a few questions for anyone.  I have seen the plane fly and it is incredible what this guy was doing with it...3D.  The power was unlimited, and coupled with the excellent EF Yak I am sold...purchased from owner (Getting out of the sport).  This will be my first 50cc plane, and I want it to last as long as possible.  He said the plane had around 100 flights, and that in 1 year to 18 months should send off to have bearings replaced.  Where do I send this to get regular maintenance or repairs?  How well is this product supported today?  Late 2010? <div>
</div><div>How do I find out how old the engine is and what version I am purchasing (I see there is a V2)?  Is there a way to tell the difference between the 2?  Here are the specs he sent me.</div><div>
</div><div><p class="MsoNormal"><span><span style="font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black">Extreme Flight Yellow and Black Yak with all of the trimmings:</span></span><span style="font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:black">
<span>Brillelli 366 GT (60cc engine)</span>
<span>MTW header and cannister</span><span> </span>

<span>Hi-Tec 5955 servos all the way around</span>
<span>Hi-Tec 625MG on the throttle</span>
<span>SWB servo arms</span>

<span>Pete's Carbon Fiber Spinner</span>
<span>Xoar 23x8 prop</span>
<span>Team Wing Tote Prop Cover</span>

<span>Wolverine Power Switch</span>
<span>JR switch on ignition</span>
<span>2-2600 Fromeco Batteries for receiver</span>
<span>1-2600 Fromeco for Ignition</span>

<span>Sullivan Skylite Wheels</span>

<span>Comes with TEAM WING TOTE Wing Bag along with wingbag and fuselage cover from Extreme Flight.</span>

<span>Additional used cowl and canopy and rear elevatorset are also included.</span>

<span>Bad Brad Graphics Package</span></span><span style="font-family:"Arial","sans-serif""><o></o></span></p><div>Appreciate any feedback....</div><div>
</div><div>Rick</div><div><div>
</div></div></div>
Old 12-07-2010, 09:08 AM
My Feedback: (19)

Hi, brillellicustoms.com

Mark will help you out.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:01 PM

Glad to hear about Brillelli Customs as I just picked up a used one from Canada. Have not had the chance to mount it to a airframe but that will be soon.
Will have two of these great engines and glad to hear I have support if needed.
Thanks Mark....
Old 12-09-2010, 08:43 AM

Hey is anyone looking for another Brillelli 366gt 60cc . I actually have 2 of them and I think I would sell one. I sent this motor in about 1 month ago to brillellicustoms and had Mark replace the bearings and seal he also replaced the prop hub because the inner threads seemed loose. This motor tached a 23A Vess prop at 7550 rpm's. while this motor was in for service I installed the other one I had on my EF yak 88" it also is performing well so I'm going to leave it on. I purchased this motor new and I am the only owner. I will sell it with 2 mufflers both stock but 1 is a little more compact in design ant it will come with the ignition. If interested e-mail me at [email protected] or call me at 512-446-1193 ($300.00) plus shipping conus fred