Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

DL-50cc Gas Engine

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DL-50cc Gas Engine

So are you happy with the DL. I have a H9 tcraft and a H9 Edge 540 1/4 scale that I need motors for? Any suggestions. fly weight for both is about 14lbs. the tcarft currently runs a Q42 that is startingto show its age.

thanks
Old 03-05-2007, 01:42 PM
My Feedback: (20)

The rear carb would make a difficult install on the T-craft. I would look at the new Brillelli 36 for the T-craft, and Edge. It's a great little engine, at a good price.

http://www.brillelli.com/brillelli_008.htm
Old 03-05-2007, 02:53 PM
My Feedback: (13)

those are some good numbers,for 370.00 this engine is looking better all the time,i am going to wait till i hear what Bosshossv8 finds when he looks inside.Thanks for the numbers.
ENJOY!
Old 03-05-2007, 02:54 PM
My Feedback: (61)

If you could find a way to mount it, I would go with the DL, it is the same price and weight, but gives you much more power.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:16 PM

The H9 T-craft doesn't have a motor box. In my experience, it's almost impossible to mount a rear carb engine to an airframe with a firewall. The the case of the H9 T-craft, the DL engine mounting flanges would need to mount flush with the firewall... Not going to work, been there done that. (with a ZDZ 40). You have no room for any type of muffler (standard side mount, or wrap around pitts).

The DL needs standoffs to give the muffler clearance. Even with the proto-type pitts you need the standoffs.

The H9 Edge has a motor box, so it might fit. However, you would not have the clearence for a 22" or 23" prop... Maybe a 20"... but that's cutting it pretty close to the ground..

We flew the Edges with the Evolution 26/tune pipe setup, and you had all the power you need..

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35314.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	635792   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm37336.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	635793  
Old 03-05-2007, 04:57 PM
My Feedback: (66)

Hello,

If you are looking for a good engine for your H9 Tcraft, you should take a look at the CKM 26cc. 315.00 ship in the Us not a bad price. We also will be carring the dl 50 for 399.99 ship in the us. Also, we are building the webpage now. www.ckhobbies.com

Name:	Vt55947.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	635819  
Old 03-06-2007, 05:45 AM

ORIGINAL: bird-0f-prey

interesting development...

From what ive seen of chinese motors they have the basic blocks sorted ...(its just an engine) but other stupid things keep braking.

Electronic ignitions are the no1.

Ive also seen 3 CRpros (chinese with red block) throw magnets.

Ive also seen one reverse its propellor in mid air....talka bout 4D!!!

It will be interesting to see how it goes after 10 then 100 flights...

SUBSCRIBE!
Whhhhoooaaaaaaa . . this looks very, VERY much like one of these (see quote from an earlier post in this thread). I have personally had some experience with the "CRPros" (CRRC-Pro actually. They have made a 26cc, 45cc and a 65cc too I believe), and they are a VERY average product IMO. They also have a very narrow bearing spread between the two crank bearings. In the picutre, you can possibly make out the position of the 2 bearings in the crankcase, and the terribly long unsupported prop drive hub causes the bearings to wear fast and flog out the casing real quick. They don't seem to make a lot of power either. I have seen and heard of magnets throwing, cranks breaking, starting issues (can kick back like a flooded glow sometimes), continually starting in reverse . . the list goes on.

I hope you did your homework on this one, coz it looks seriously familiar. They can't be sold to anyone in our local clubs . . the people that have them would use them as boat anchors but they aren't quite heavy enough . . nearly are though

If they have made improvements, I'd be keen to know what they are, but hey, please start a new thread on it, and don't hijack this one for commercial gain.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:38 AM
Banned

Can the DL-50 be mounted and testing on metal bench or stand ?
Old 03-06-2007, 10:03 AM

Dude, your tone tells it all. You have an "Ax to grind" with all things Chinese apparently. So, undoubtedly, most will recognize this and dismiss anything you have to say. Also, ... CRRCpro does not have a 65cc engine in their lineup!
Old 03-06-2007, 10:15 AM

[/quote]

Whhhhoooaaaaaaa . . this looks very, VERY much like one of these (see quote from an earlier post in this thread). I have personally had some experience with the "CRPros" (CRRC-Pro actually. They have made a 26cc, 45cc and a 65cc too I believe), and they are a VERY average product IMO. They also have a very narrow bearing spread between the two crank bearings. In the picutre, you can possibly make out the position of the 2 bearings in the crankcase, and the terribly long unsupported prop drive hub causes the bearings to wear fast and flog out the casing real quick. They don't seem to make a lot of power either. I have seen and heard of magnets throwing, cranks breaking, starting issues (can kick back like a flooded glow sometimes), continually starting in reverse . . the list goes on.

I hope you did your homework on this one, coz it looks seriously familiar. They can't be sold to anyone in our local clubs . . the people that have them would use them as boat anchors but they aren't quite heavy enough . . nearly are though

If they have made improvements, I'd be keen to know what they are, but hey, please start a new thread on it, and don't hijack this one for commercial gain.

[/quote]

You use three paragraphs belly aching about the CRRCPro and all the trouble you and your club members have had, then at the end , ask if there have been any inmprovements, you'd sure like to know what they are. I suggest you take yourself to the FECKIN' CRRCPro thread to get your answers! [>:]
Old 03-06-2007, 10:24 AM
Banned

What`s wrong ? Can somebody answer my question ?

Old 03-06-2007, 10:28 AM
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: G-armor

What`s wrong ? Can somebody answer my question ?

You can bench mount any engine but I would never suggest doing it with any gas engine. Proper cooling is very important so unless you can get a good amount of cooling, beyond what the prop does I would not.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:34 AM

OK, this is my second warning, if the bickering continues I will be forced to do one of two things, either lock this thread permanently or close it temporarily while I do some house cleaning. From this point on there will be no other warnings given.

I am going to strongly suggest that if you cannot post without flaming, degrading, insulting or embarrassing someone else, then you do not post at all or take it offline and out of the forums
Old 03-06-2007, 10:57 AM
My Feedback: (24)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: bubbagates

OK, this is my second warning, if the bickering continues I will be forced to do one of two things, either lock this thread permanently or close it temporarily while I do some house cleaning. From this point on there will be no other warnings given.

I am going to strongly suggest that if you cannot post without flaming, degrading, insulting or embarrassing someone else, then you do not post at all or take it offline and out of the forums

Bubba, so let me get this straight. If somebody wants to shut down a thread so people won't know about a new product that competes with them, all they have to do is bicker and you will shut it down or suspend it? Wow, thats sounds likes exactly what they would want you to do. How about this. Why not suspend the persons ability to post, or pull thier membership, or delete their posts. But why let them shut down a thread that most of us want??

John
Old 03-06-2007, 11:07 AM

ORIGINAL: jrjohn

ORIGINAL: bubbagates

Bubba, so let me get this straight. If somebody wants to shut down a thread so people won't know about a new product that competes with them, all they have to do is bicker and you will shut it down or suspend it? Wow, thats sounds likes exactly what they would want you to do. How about this. Why not suspend the persons ability to post, or pull thier membership, or delete their posts. But why let them shut down a thread that most of us want??

John

Also, I will add they are bickering about a totally DIFFERENT product!!!

If this happened in a DA, 3W, or ZDZ thread that post would be removed before anyone had a chance to read it.

Old 03-06-2007, 12:33 PM
My Feedback: (23)

John makes a very good point !!

anyone could shut down someone elses thread. Better to punish the offender....

Old 03-06-2007, 01:20 PM

The offender is being dealt with as well as the posts that are now off topic. I had temporarily locked this thread but it is now open again. I went back to page 14 and removed any flaming, degrading and otherwise posts that broke specific rules. Any post that referenced a post that was removed was removed as well

I wish to apologize to the members that are discussing this engine in a civilized manner and appreciate it.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:15 PM

I Finally got to fly my GP Ultimate with the DL today after work, it was 26 degrees and was kinda hard on the thumbs but I just couldn't wait any longer! The engine started easy, just as it did on the test stand... I used the Vess 22A prop, it was too overcast to get a reliable tach reading but I was getting 7200 on the stand. I flew around at about 1/3 stick and it will hover at that position... I had a Fuji 43 EI on the plane previously and there is no comparison between the two, its night and day! It just made this a whole different plane, vertical is amazing. If this engine turns out to be reliable it is winner! The engine is as smooth as the Fuji was, can't wait for warmer wx and get some more flying time on this thing... Hamman

Name:	Ro41973.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	636697   Click image for larger version

Name:	To45648.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	636698  
Old 03-06-2007, 06:29 PM
My Feedback: (17)

Can someone give me a link to the site where the DL-50 is for sale. I searched EBAY and couldn't find it.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:36 PM

Hamman

What the AUW of your GP Ultimate plane ?
Old 03-06-2007, 06:40 PM
My Feedback: (5)

Go to http://www.peakmodel.com/ but they are out for another few days, shipment coming soon according to the page.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:42 PM

Here is seller I got mine from but he doesn't have any listed now but keep checking or try Peak, they had some a while back... Should be a lot more availible after China New Year is over, whenever that is! Bahamadude it was just under 15lbs with the Fuji and I think the DL weight is about the same. I will weigh it again soon just to make sure... Hamman
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZsylvian1975QQhtZ-1
Old 03-06-2007, 07:40 PM
My Feedback: (14)

Peak no longer lists the DL50 or Peak 26 on the website.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:51 PM
My Feedback: (24)

ORIGINAL: closetguy

those are some good numbers,for 370.00 this engine is looking better all the time,i am going to wait till i hear what Bosshossv8 finds when he looks inside.Thanks for the numbers.
ENJOY!
Why wait for Mike, have a look for yourself

http://www.5irc.com/content.asp?id=980128
Old 03-06-2007, 09:06 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Peak states on its main page that they are out of stock but should be receiving a new shipment in 10 days. Dont know when that was posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.