Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CRRC PRO GF26I

Hi any news on the    GP26R ???
Old 03-25-2010, 01:21 PM
WildeOne
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tried starting my new GF26i yesterday w/o any luck. Couldn't get the carb to suck any fuel from the tank, so shot some fuel directly into the carb throat. Got the motor to regularly pop, but didn't turn more than a few blades and stopped. Replaced the carb with a new Walbro I had and will check the timing today, which I hadn't done. I may use an electric starter also.

Any suggestions with the carb not sucking any fuel?
Old 03-25-2010, 04:04 PM
mattyhawk
My Feedback: (2)

D
ORIGINAL: WildeOne

Tried starting my new GF26i yesterday w/o any luck. Couldn't get the carb to suck any fuel from the tank, so shot some fuel directly into the carb throat. Got the motor to regularly pop, but didn't turn more than a few blades and stopped. Replaced the carb with a new Walbro I had and will check the timing today, which I hadn't done. I may use an electric starter also.

Any suggestions with the carb not sucking any fuel?

Damaged fuel pump membrane/diaphram?

Did you try turning it over 5x with your hand over the intake or until you feel fuel on your hand?
Old 03-25-2010, 05:35 PM
WildeOne

Brand new motor ... never run. Can't imagine a bad fuel pump membrane, but stranger things have happened I suppose.

I had the choke engaged and my thumb firmly over the air intake ... fuel did not move at all in the tubing and there were no air leaks on the suction side. Ran the same fuel deal on another motor w/o any issues just a few days ago.

I'll see how the new carb works. If it doesn't, I guess the motor has an air leak somewhere.

Tried to check the timing and only get a spark w/ CW rotation (???) @ ~ 10° BTDC, so something clearly wrong here. I have a spare CDI and Hall effect sensor, so I'll check that out too.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:01 PM
azalner
My Feedback: (8)

You are correct that something is clearly wrong. When checking the timing are you using a degree wheel, removing the plug and watching for a spark at TDC? CRRC's are notorious for having the timing off. The CRRC's in particular wont start by hand - need to spin them up with a starter using OEM ignition.

I have 2 CRRC engines - a 26cc and a 40 cc. I trashed the OEM ignition and replaced with a RCexl. You can get them from Agape through RCU for about $50 and the sensors have slots so you can adjust the timing. The stock sensor will NOT work with the RCexl ignition.

By the way, are winds an issue when flying downy ocean?

A transplanted Baltimoron.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:12 PM
WildeOne

I also have a CF40i, which now has 2 to 3 hours of bench run time. It starts fairly easily by hand and runs good. I expect to put it in the air in two weeks. I had zero problems with that motor. I have several Ryobi's with CRRC ignitions and they timed easily and I expect will start easily.

Yes, I'm using a degree wheel with the plug out and watching for a spark. I guess I'll start by changing the sensor, then the CDI if that doesn't help. I had hopes of getting the 26 ready to mount in a plane in the next few days.

I'll bet you're glad to be out of the murder capitol of the east.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:24 PM
willig10

Just wanted to ask if you tried this.

1. Instead of turning the propellor through, rock it back and forth several times. This will ingage the fuel pump in the walboro carb abd make the pump start to pull fuel. It is a lot easier than turning the prop through. You can see this method on Youtube.

2. It has been my experience in the past that a new un-primed engine until it is running, will have a tendacy to not draw fuel until it has been ran, This may neccesitate the use of an electrical starter to spin the engine up.

3. I dont like spinningup a dry motor as it can damage the piston, pistonskirt and rod/needle bearings, due to lack of lubrication.

4. I would pull the plug, squirt some fuel into the cylinder. With the plug out turn the propa few times. Insert the plug and igntion. Then just rock the prop back and forth and see if the pump is working and drawing fuel. If not try to start and see if the running of the engine will initiate a fuel draw. If it does not. More than likely the fuel diaphragm is stuck. You might try a rebuild kit from the local lawn mower shop. They usually carry walboro carb parts.

The above information is assuming the ignition timing is set correctly and the needles are at factory settings.

I hope this helps you a little. If I have missed something guys feel free to correct me.

Glenn Williams
[email protected]
Old 03-25-2010, 08:37 PM
CAT POwer
My Feedback: (61)

Timing has nothing to do if you don't get fuel to the carb.
Check the gasket. so the pulse hole is not blocked.
I had 1 carb do the same thing till it got fuel the first time...
Fill the fuel line and put some pressure in the fuel tank and turn
over the engine choke closed thottle wide open
WITH IGNITION UNPLUGGED till carb seems wet.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:34 PM
WildeOne

ORIGINAL: CAT POwer

Timing has nothing to do if you don't get fuel to the carb.
Check the gasket. so the pulse hole is not blocked.
I had 1 carb do the same thing till it got fuel the first time...
Fill the fuel line and put some pressure in the fuel tank and turn
over the engine choke closed thottle wide open
WITH IGNITION UNPLUGGED till carb seems wet.
I pressurized the carb by holding the tank high and squeezing it (it's only vented with the cap loose) and had the throttle wide open with the choke engaged and flipped away ... no joy. The pulse hole and gasket are fine and in the correct place. Only way I got any fuel in the motor was with the hypodermic giving it a shot of fuel right in the throat.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:46 PM
willig10

Have you looked at the reed valves? I wonder if maybe they may be stuck. If the engine has not been ran and has set up for awhile the 2 cycle mixture has a tendacy to become gummy. It is very possible that they may need to be looked at. If you go that route, ensure youobserve how they areinstalled and put them back exactly asthe way youremoved them.

I would use either some alcohol or brake parts cleaner to clean the affected area wipe with some Q-tips then reassemble.

Hope you get it figured out.

Glenn

Old 03-25-2010, 09:55 PM
willig10

From my previous posts. I am assuming your engine has reeed valves. I dont have first hand knowledge with this engine. If the engine does not have reeds I apologize.

Glenn
Old 03-25-2010, 09:58 PM
CAT POwer
My Feedback: (61)

as Glenn wrote   take the carb apart and clean it
Old 03-25-2010, 10:44 PM
rc-fans88

CRRC GF26i V2 gas engine
Features
-2 pcs. aluminum crankcase, 2 ball bearings supported crankshaft, 2 needle bearings conecting rod, walbro butterfly type carburetor.
version Auto-advance CDI ignition
Product Details
-Type:2 cycle piston valves type gasoline engine for airplane.
-Displacement(cc):26cc
-Bore x Stroke(mm):34mm*28.6mm
-Dry Weight:900g/1.98lbs. (net weight without ignition)
-Carburetoriaphragm butterfly valve type
-Maximum Output:2.42 hps/9000rpm
-Speed range:1800-9500rpm
-Ignition:version CRRC Auto-advaance DC-CDI
-Iis-Ignition:4.8V DC
-Gasoline/oil mixture:Pre-mixed Fuel, 40:1(25:1 for break in)
-Lubrication oil:2 cycle engine oil
-Propeller:16 X 8, 17 X 6, 17 X 8
-Cooling System:Air Cooled
Old 03-25-2010, 11:28 PM
Wingman26

I couldn't start my GF26i at all when it was brand new, it wouldn't draw fuel, it was suggested I needed to wet the fuel pump diaphragm, it was completely dry. After wetting it with 2 stroke mix it would draw fuel, but still required a starter to get it started, and even after a couple of gallons through it...it still doesn't want to hand start.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:27 AM
WildeOne

Well, got the timing and CDI deal straightened out and a new carb on, now just need some decent WX to try again. Thanks for all the suggestions. Had to extend the slots on the sensor mount to the max to get 30°BTDC, which should be OK.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:10 AM
mattyhawk
My Feedback: (2)

dude, sorry you have so many issues, but hopefully now all is good.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:22 PM
shane55

I was flying a few days ago when a few mins into the flightI was unable to decrease power to below about 25%. then I lost all throttle control with the engine stuck at around 25% but fluctuating. After a fast landing where I luckily didnt do any damage apart from a bent wheel axle bolt I had a look at the engine and noticed the carb mounthad become loose.The 2 bolts holding the carb mount to the engine cant be got at without removing the carb from the carb mountvia another two bolts,so the temptation is to give them a miss while checking to make sure everything is tight. Anyway I retigtened the bolts and tried the engine again. I had the same problem, couldnt power down below around 25%. took the carb off again and noticed the mount was cracked. I hadnt realised how brittle this part was while tightening the bolts and most have overtightened them. Its only made out of some kind of plastic, i had thought it was a type of metal. I went on the net to try and source a new one, couldnt find anyone stocking them in europe and so had to order from china.

anyone know any shops stocking crrc spares in UK? I could only find one and they were out of the part.Theres a fuel channel on the side of the mount that the carb is attached to. I noticed from a photo of the part on a website that the channel on mine is longer, would this make any difference? Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35331.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	1408593   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av67576.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	1408594  
Old 03-31-2010, 05:14 PM
2robinhood

Glad to see that you figured out your problem.
I do not know of any CRRC dealers for parts in the UK.

Just a thought, If you had a remote engine shut off, you could have made you approach at the stuck 25% throttle, remote killed the engine and glided to a perfect landing.
I use 42% products OPTO kills on all of my gassers.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:19 PM
barney11

Shane,
Rossendale Models are the UK Stockists for CRRC, failing that bolt some Zenoah bits on, they are easier come by and tend to fit since the cylinders are the same.

Iain.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:48 PM
shane55

Thanks, I tried Rossendale, they stock the part but are out of it at the moment, I'll have a look at Zenoah 

Old 04-06-2010, 09:43 PM
WildeOne

A quick followup to my lack of running and no fuel being sucked when priming. Bought a heavy duty electric starter, shot some gas directly into the carb and it eventually started and finally ran OK after some adjusting the H/L needles. Second start was easy (with the electric starter) and ran it for ~ 1/2 hour. Was turning a MAS 16x 8, which wasn't enough prop and the motor shook preety bad at the few bursts of high throttle. Plan to mount in a plane now and use an 18x8 or 18x10 wood prop and finish the breakin. Hopefully it will eventually hand start, but the electric is OK too,as long as it keeps running for a whole flight. Transition from idle to high power is very good.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:22 PM
Planeclothes

I tried different props and ended up with a Xoar 17/6 which imo gave the best results. An APC 17/6 also works good but adds nose weight. No problem hand starting it as long as it is really wet.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:17 PM
David3658

Hello, I have a few questions about changing the bearings in my Crrc 26..The new bearings seam to be to small to fit on the crankshaft should I sand the crankshaft some? How do I get the oil seal out? I am changing it over to the 3 bearing design where does the C-clip go? Thanks if anyone has and ideas on this.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:24 PM
jedijody

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Push the seal out with a punch or screw driver, the snap ring stays where it was, the bearings are press fit onto the crank and into the housing.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:29 PM
martseger63

On mine, the rear bearing doesn't really flush with the casing and when i tighten the crankcase halves together, it doesnt spin totally free anymore.. I've tried some moderate hammering with no obvious results.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.