My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: BME 115 Any Field Reports?

I think you should call Kieth first....
Old 01-07-2008, 01:28 PM
profile540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sent the engine back for upgrades i hope this thing runs good .........................
Old 02-07-2008, 01:46 AM
bcchi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can someone please send me BME KeithBakers E-mail. I no he has not been answering his phone or E-mail but Maybe he will talk to me. Hope I can help him out.
Thank you. BCCHI.
Bill Carpenter [email protected]
Old 02-07-2008, 09:08 AM
R.C. ROB

Bill thanks for helping out. His e-mail is [email protected]
Thanks Rob
Old 02-07-2008, 03:59 PM
rcpilot47
My Feedback: (3)

I see that Keith's web site for BME is down now...........
Old 02-08-2008, 07:56 AM
Myth Buster

Dear BME,

Can you please provide owners of BME products with some kinda of information as to where we can get service or parts?
We have a huge investment in BME engines and will need parts to keep them running for next 5-10 yrs or so.
As soon as you can please advise us of this information needed.

Regards,
All owners of BME engine products
Old 02-08-2008, 08:18 AM
Crash90
My Feedback: (17)

Do a search under my user name. There is a guy who has set up a BME repair shop.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:24 PM
JFolsom

ORIGINAL: Mythbuser

Dear BME,

Can you please provide owners of BME products with some kinda of information as to where we can get service or parts?
We have a huge investment in BME engines and will need parts to keep them running for next 5-10 yrs or so.
As soon as you can please advise us of this information needed.

Regards,
All owners of BME engine products

Go to:

www.modelaircraftengineering.com

This guy is reportedly getting things togther to repair most of the BME's

JF.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:43 AM
Myth Buster

Posted on Flying Giants by "brn2fly"

To all that are concerned about BME Engines, I am one of the future owners and would like to bring everyone up to date. The transaction should be completed soon and we plan to relocate BME to the Oklahoma City area, with most repairs being done in Kansas for the first 6 months.

We will provide customer service second to none. If necessary we will hire additional workers to allow us to restore customer service. Engines currently at BME for repair will be repaired by Mr. Baker and returned. Customers who pre-paid for an engine or paid deposits will be refunded their money. Engines needing repair should be held until we have taken over operations. We will provide both warranty and non warranty service for all BME engines but will also provide service on all makes and models of gas engines soon.

We plan to release the 58cc single fairly quickly while continuing the 115cc with a redesigned intake, eliminating the need for after market modification. Future plans are to release a couple of larger engines not currently offered within 6-12 months. New engines will continue to set the standard as the lightest in their class while providing excellent performance.

The website will be redesigned and customers will be able to use a shopping cart feature and any credit card or paypal. We will answer emails and phone calls as quickly as possible and provide tech support on websites that have tech forums. So I ask that all BME customers be patient as we take over and hit the ground running. I will post again when the transaction is final. Look for our new phone number and email address. My partner and I are looking forward to taking care of past, present, and new BME customers. Thanks for your continued support and understanding, we will earn the right to keep your business!

Sincerely Andy Snow
Old 02-18-2008, 09:28 AM
Hammbone
My Feedback: (309)

That's great news!
Thank you for posting and letting us know.

Jim
Old 02-18-2008, 10:42 AM
AmpAce

Thank you Mr. Snow!

Welcome to the forum! Hope to see you posting on here frequently.

As a new BME owner, (purchaed a used 115, via R/C Universe classifieds), I will have a slightly unusual use for this engine, so will no doubt have some questions, once you are up and running.

Best wishes with your new venture, and it sounds as though you are starting out with the right attitude concerning product support and customer service.

AmpAce
Old 02-18-2008, 11:13 AM
brn2fly
My Feedback: (190)

Everyone thank you for the support. My partner and I will try and keep with all questions you have. We will have a phone number, email, and website. At first the website will look the same at first but we have several changes planned for it. Looking forward to seeing/hearing what your unusual use may be.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:06 PM
Steve
My Feedback: (54)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thats real good news.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:04 PM
RTK
My Feedback: (1)

brn2fly-- Congratulations and good luck with your new business venture. When you bring out the 58 will it be side or rear induction?

Thanks
Ralph

Old 02-18-2008, 01:06 PM
AmpAce

Andy,

My use for the 115 will be nothing too exotic. It will go in a Balsa USA Super Cub kit, to be patterened after a "bush" plane. Obviously, in this plane, I'm not too interested in all-out power, but just good smooth throttle response, and a smooth low and midrange. The reason I chose the BME is that it was the only engine I could find that fit within the cowl, and in front of the firewall, without a lot of hacking up the cowl. Also it will turn a scale sized "climb" prop for a Super Cub, which works out to a 27 to 28 inch on the 1/3 scale.

It sounds like one of your re-designed intakes may be a good investment for my engine. So you plan to market the 3-needle carb? I have read some good reports about it.

AmpAce