53cc TOC Engine

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 03:15 PM
olstoney
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 53cc TOC Engine

O.K. Guys,
At least three vendors in the U.S. are re-selling these engines. Dawghouse RC, Wildhare RC and BCMA. I have no idea how many Dawghouse and BCMA have sold. I know that Tom at Wildhare just sold 12 at a special introductory price. There is alot of good things to say about this engine looking at the specs listed.

How about some realtime feedback from those that have bought them, run them and flown them? I'm particularly interested in what you guys are doing for standoffs and what your sources for them have been.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:10 PM
greyhound man
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: 53cc TOC Engine

I ran mine today, it started very easily and ran very well on the ground, but was pretty rich in the air. Due to some extenuating circumstances (not related to the engine) I only got in one flight. Hopefully I can get some more fuel through it soon and see how it really runs.

I usually use standoffs from rcshowcase on my other engines, but the 53 fit perfectly on my yak without any standoffs.
Old 03-24-2007, 06:12 PM
olstoney
My Feedback: (19)

Thnaks for your input. What is your distance from the firewall to the front of the cowl? Looks like my Extra is about 7" to 7 1/8" and i kinda need to know what to order, so I can mount this engine .
Old 03-24-2007, 07:47 PM
greyhound man
My Feedback: (5)

from the firewall to the front of the drive washer is 6 inches