Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

G-20 Quit

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 08:37 AM
Tex Gehman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G-20 Quit

Hi, my fairly new (about 2 hrs flight time) quit abruptly in the air and hasn't started since. There seems to be lots of fuel and the plug sparks niicely when grounded outside the hole. Before I send it in, are there any suggestions. New plug did't help. Sometimes I get a backfire, Once got about 3 seconds of normal run then nothing. TIA, Tex.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:06 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: G-20 Quit

Seems like a lot of folks are having a lot of ignition related problems with their G20's. Save yourself some unnecessary grief and do what several have already done. Replace the ignition with a CH unit and be able to really enjoy that gem of an engine.

Karol
Old 05-09-2007, 09:37 AM
tkg
My Feedback: (1)

If its still under warranty send it back, if not then we have a package for the G-20.
BUT first check the wires on the sensor we have reports of some breaking. It may be an intermitant connection. Also a bad plug cap will fire outside the engine but under compression will break down.
CH Electronics 307 857 6897
Old 05-09-2007, 11:29 AM
Tex Gehman

Thanks. A pal has had grief with his ign system too, so I fear the worst. I might go the after market system, as I've had several big engines with the CH stuff and never had any problem. My thoughts are if I get the repairs done to the Zenoah box I've still got a suspect engine. The initial quit cost me a beautiful nearly new Ultimate, and I probably wouldn't trust it.

Tex
Old 05-09-2007, 12:34 PM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's why it pays to keep a Stik of some kind around for testing engines, radios and servos.

Ed Cregger
Old 05-09-2007, 01:04 PM
Tex Gehman

"That's why it pays to keep a Stik of some kind around for testing engines, radios and servos.

Ed Cregger "

True enough, Ed, but my failure was on about the twentieth flight. And immediately after an inverted snap right after rotation on take-off. Worst possible time.

[] Tex.

P.S. There's a CH unit on the way. T.