Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Weight of DA50

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 10:43 PM
My Feedback: (103)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weight of DA50

What is the exact weight of the DA50. On their website specs they say 3.15lbs. with standoffs.
What is the weight with muffler, standoffs and ignition????? Does anyone have this info???
Old 06-15-2007, 11:04 PM

Default RE: Weight of DA50

Engine, prop bolts, stock DA muffler, 3" stand offs, ignition 3 lbs. 13 oz.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:10 AM
My Feedback: (8)

Engine, prop attachment bolts, standoffs, stock muffler with attachment bolts, ignition, plug, is 60.3 oz (3.77 lb = 3# 13oz). If you use the Slimline Pitts muffler the weight increases to 65.9 oz ( 4.12 lb = 4# 2oz). Add to this a battery and switch (3.2 oz) and prop (4 - 7 oz) to complete the weight.

Bob P put together a great spreadsheet listing the accurate, RTF weights of many engines. [link=http://www.rcaerobats.net/GAS_ENGINE_INFO/GAS_ENGINE_WTS.htm]CLICK HERE[/link]
Old 06-16-2007, 07:36 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Bob P's weight table is very interesting, but a little unfair to the MVVS 45 where he uses a cannister and maniflold for the overal weight and a pitts style on everone else's motors, it would be farer if he used the Evolution side mounted muffler on this engine.

Mike
Old 06-16-2007, 08:49 AM
My Feedback: (40)

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

Bob P's weight table is very interesting, but a little unfair to the MVVS 45 where he uses a cannister and maniflold for the overal weight and a pitts style on everone else's motors, it would be farer if he used the Evolution side mounted muffler on this engine.

Mike
Well that is all he had when he did the chart. However truth be told that whole line of engines doesn't perform the best unless on a pipe anyhow so you are probably going to be running a pipe.