Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Puzzled by my Evo 26, need advice!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 10:42 PM
jbarnes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Puzzled by my Evo 26, need advice!

Hey guys, I've got several Evo 26cc and just recently bought a new one that has me scratching my bald head. It tops out at 8100 rpm no problem on the top end but I can't get it to idle below 4k without making the low needle setting very rich (5 turns). My other Evo 26's are running about 1.5 turns on the low end. When I set the low needle at 5 turns to get some decent low idle (2500) I have to basically close the high end off (only 1/2 turn out). I can't figure out just what is wrong with this engine. Why does the low needle need to be so rich to run this motor in the mid/low range? Any suggestions would be appreciated before I send it to Horizon for a fix. Thanks Jerry.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:59 PM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Puzzled by my Evo 26, need advice!

there is an air leak somewere
Old 06-18-2007, 07:47 AM
jbarnes

You talking air leak in the fuel line? Didn't notice any bubbles in the fuel line when its running but its possible I'm not seeing it. Thanks, Jerry.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:38 AM
pettit
My Feedback: (23)

You wouldn't happen to be running it without a muffler, would you?

I had the same problem until I bolted a mufler on and then it would idle and even shut off at fully closed carb setting
Old 06-20-2007, 11:52 AM
jbarnes

Hey Dick, No I was using a muffler. The previous post got me thinking so I did some searches regarding air leaks and I think the fellow was referring to crankcase pressure. This led me to investigate just why there is so much oil on the underside of the engine. I though maybe it was just some gas I spilled but further inspection show oil leaking from the front bearing. If oil is coming out of the front bearing that must mean air can also be escaping and causing the loss of crankcase pressure which is resulting in poor carb performance which in turn is requiring a rich needle.
Thanks for your help on this, guess I'm mailing this one back to Horizon for service. Jerry.