HH100T 100cc twin Review

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 05:10 PM
nmking09
My Feedback: (61)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HH100T 100cc twin Review

Steve,
Quick question. Why are you sending yours back? I may have missed something. How much run time was on the engine. What oil were you using, and at what ratio?
Old 10-20-2007, 06:27 PM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm so confused![sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 10-20-2007, 06:42 PM
STEVESRCWORLD
My Feedback: (23)

i sent it back because it was not a quality product. it leaked gas around the reed block even after i took it apart and resealed it. the mounting surface was off by a little more than a 1/16 of an inch where the halves of the block meet. the muffler material is so soft that they collapse when you tighten the bolt's up. one of the spark plugs did not seal properly in the head and leaked burnt gas and oil down the cylinder head and off the bottom.

one time i counted and it took 81 flips to get it to start and it was this way every time i tried to crank it. i was running it on 32:1 pennzoil aircooled oil. i think that they could be good engines but the quality control needs to be tightened up on them. i just didn't have the confidence in it to use it in my new plane. and maybe i just got one that slipped through. it was turning a 26a vess at 5700 rpm's. i have a 95cc fpe that i know will last that turns the same prop at 6100 and weighs about half a pound less with much better quality.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:31 PM
nmking09

Single cylinders are more powerful than twins of similar displacement. That's a fact. I would compair it to other 100 twins. Even then it really dosen't come close, but then, it is a pound lighter and about 500 cheaper. You did say it was a smooth running engine. Was it smoother than the 95? That's the big advantage to twins, a little easier on the airframe. I am very intrested to see what you think of one of the other china engines with the same specs, color, carb, reed block, and cylinder. I hope everything goes well.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:35 AM
PAPE

ORIGINAL: STEVESRCWORLD

i sent it back because it was not a quality product. it leaked gas around the reed block even after i took it apart and resealed it. the mounting surface was off by a little more than a 1/16 of an inch where the halves of the block meet. the muffler material is so soft that they collapse when you tighten the bolt's up. one of the spark plugs did not seal properly in the head and leaked burnt gas and oil down the cylinder head and off the bottom.

one time i counted and it took 81 flips to get it to start and it was this way every time i tried to crank it. i was running it on 32:1 pennzoil aircooled oil. i think that they could be good engines but the quality control needs to be tightened up on them. i just didn't have the confidence in it to use it in my new plane. and maybe i just got one that slipped through. it was turning a 26a vess at 5700 rpm's. i have a 95cc fpe that i know will last that turns the same prop at 6100 and weighs about half a pound less with much better quality.

WOW sorry to hear that, I never tought these China engines would be so low quality, Mabye with time they will get it correct, but I dought it if they are leting engines like the one you discribed be sold.

Steve who was it that you bought the engine from?
Old 10-22-2007, 08:45 PM
wifpwcf

ORIGINAL: sniperpilot

WIFPWCF Can i have you MSN to chat about this engine?
hi sp i will pm it to you ok sorry i took awhile to get back to ya but i had a airshow to fly at.
cg
Old 10-22-2007, 08:52 PM
wifpwcf

ORIGINAL: soarrich

ORIGINAL: wifpwcf
hi alfonso is a drop shipper for these motors he does not own the company that makes them..they are all hh brand motors,
Glen

What do you base that on? I've dealt with him on a couple occasions, I had one of the original 100 engines, he replaced it with the new version for free, that doesn't sound like a drop shipper's responds to a engine that wasn't 100%. I don't know if he owns the company, but it seems that he has some connection with it and wants it to prosper.

The key in the hub was to small so it went out of timming,
I've not seen that problem.

the carbys dont sit flush on the manifold,
Yes, I found that. When I get the engine I open them up, that's a easy fix I 400 grit paper on a sheet of glass and it takes 30 seconds to fix, or you could just use some RTV. Saving half on the engine you have to do a little clean up. From 3W this would be unacceptable, but because I open the engines to check them out anyway it's not a problem.

26x10 5300rpm
I get 6000~6200rpm using a Xoar 26x10, that's probably strong a 80cc, but I'm happy with mine new ones. I have two of his 50cc twins, 100cc twins, and a 50cc single, the 50cc Twin is a jewel of and engine, I like it the best. The twins should really be push in the scale market more, but some of use poor guys like having the choice of a inexpensive twin 100.

ok the drop shipper part is a fact i looked into it the grpro motors are hh brand,,if you get your instuction book pull the sticker of it & it will reveil the maker of the motor,im one that wonts these motors to work as i fly low & slow which means dead planes 2 often.

the hub problem has been sorted out but my first motor had this problem,you should not have to sand anything even if there a cheap motor,i delt with alfy & yes he got a new motor to me fast & i comend him for that but i wasent going to sell motor that were going to be a big problem
regards glen
Old 10-22-2007, 09:07 PM
STEVESRCWORLD

i bought it from slyvian on ebay.$560.00 was a good price but not if it doesn't perform as it is advertised. i doubt it would ever hit 6000 rpm's with a 26" prop let alone a 28" prop as advertised. like i said they could be a good engine but there are to many things slipping through. i wonder if he is selling seconds or rejects from gr pro? i am assuming that is where he is getting them from but i don't know.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:13 PM
wifpwcf

ok guys i have done my home work on these motor as i have freinds in australia that imports alot of china stuff,
1st these motors are dzy 100 & they painted the motors blue to sell under the name hh grpro lspro next we will see a ghtre pro[sm=lol.gif],,i would like to see some truth come out from the sellers of these motors as we have the right to no where there from,,but no they wont beacuse they like saying this is a copy thats a copy,I for one would like to see these motors become reliable for us to enjoy.If we could be convinced where there made im sure it will only help the sellers of these motors.It is like the green models factory they make hempel,radio wave,aus star,evergreen to name a few arf planes.
cheers glen
Old 10-22-2007, 09:23 PM
soarrich
My Feedback: (98)

It's nice of who ever makes them to cast GRpro into the new cases for Alfonso the dropshipper. Show me your case with HH cast in it. Enough said....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64127.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	788399  
Old 10-22-2007, 09:28 PM
nmking09

That's the 50 not the 100 isn't it ????? [X(]
Old 10-22-2007, 09:30 PM
soarrich

Yes, my 100cc is about 7months old, no name on them.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:32 PM
wifpwcf

It's nice of who ever makes them to cast GRpro into the new cases for Alfonso the dropshipper. Show me your case with HH cast in it. Enough said....
mine dont have that on it i just looked so the new ones are grpro not the old ones
cg
Old 10-22-2007, 09:35 PM
soarrich

Yes, I think Alfonse is learning about marketing and brand names.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:45 PM
wifpwcf

Yes, I think Alfonse is learning about marketing and brand names.
fair dinkem thats good,,he has a guy selling them in oz lets wait & see how they go..if they go good ill set another plane up with one,,i was stung by the first ccrc motors now these as i said ihope they get better
cg
Old 10-23-2007, 02:48 AM
driesbabe

I'm going to comment here also.
These are not DZY engines, nor are they copies of a DZY engine. I know, I have one and it's a lovely engine. It runs a 26X10 MenzS at 6700Rpm out the box no leaks no problems.
As for Alfonso's engines, they are nicely made and of good quality, I have not run any nor do I own any. I have however spoken to the man, and met him on the Beijing Model Expo (3rd-6thOct) and had a very good look at these engines. The GRpro engines are marked as such, and if it dose not say Grpro, then it's not GRpro.

Grpro are the engines that Larry Imports, and sells as LSpro and I would not trust anything else.
As for the comment that Mitsu made......There are some very very good Chinese engines on the market. He mentioned the GS range of engines as the GS 65. I have 2 of these 65cc engines, and although not as powerful as the new reed induction engines, they run, and that’s all they do, and do it well. The 45cc they make also, 7100RPM out the box on a 21X8 MenzS...Not bad.

I for one, would not run a HH or SV engine that I don't know where it comes from?
attached find pictures of the engines at GRpro's stand of the Beijing Model Expo.

MY 0.02
Regards
Andreas

Name:	Om32195.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	788578   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ws56537.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	788579   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz68143.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	788580   Click image for larger version

Name:	Le92682.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	788581   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hs97036.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	788582  
Old 10-23-2007, 07:57 AM
mistydee0
My Feedback: (103)

[From diesbabe]

I'm going to comment here also.
These are not DZY engines, nor are they copies of a DZY engine. I know, I have one and it's a lovely engine. It runs a 26X10 MenzS at 6700Rpm out the box no leaks no problems.
As for Alfonso's engines, they are nicely made and of good quality, I have not run any nor do I own any. I have however spoken to the man, and met him on the Beijing Model Expo (3rd-6thOct) and had a very good look at these engines. The GRpro engines are marked as such, and if it dose not say Grpro, then it's not GRpro.

Grpro are the engines that Larry Imports, and sells as LSpro and I would not trust anything else.
As for the comment that Mitsu made......There are some very very good Chinese engines on the market. He mentioned the GS range of engines as the GS 65. I have 2 of these 65cc engines, and although not as powerful as the new reed induction engines, they run, and that’s all they do, and do it well. The 45cc they make also, 7100RPM out the box on a 21X8 MenzS...Not bad.

I for one, would not run a HH or SV engine that I don't know where it comes from?
attached find pictures of the engines at GRpro's stand of the Beijing Model Expo.

MY 0.02
Regards
Andreas

driesbabe,
Thanks for the clarification, on the GR PRO ENINES Like Soarrich says how can the LS PRO LINE be copies when we have been selling these engines for a year before they started and ours have the NAME on the crankcase. The persons that talk from a position of not knowing, or owning my engines keep there coments to yourself. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!!!! People want to fly A
reasonable priced engine, and not everyone WANTS TO 3D.

mistydee0
Larry LS PRO ENGIES
Old 10-23-2007, 08:56 AM
Mitsu1
My Feedback: (13)

My flying buddy and I have bought, flown and tested GRPro engines from our friend Venon of CK Pro engines in Greenville, MS. These are quality engines that have been imported here for over a year and long before HH and SV knockoffs started to show up. wifpwcf claiming Alfonso is a drop shipper is ridiculous! Perhaps he is confusing him with Peakmodel of New Zealand, which is most definitely a drop shipper, as I've bought from them and all their stuff ships straight from China or Hong Kong .. but not New Zealand. Alfonso is the manufacturer behind the GRPro line of engines, and when he tells you the others are cheap copies of his design you should pay attention. You don't see official reps of SV or HH denying that fact, .. do you?
Old 10-23-2007, 09:06 AM
driesbabe

Look closely at the picture of the 100cc twin that I posted, (the last picture in the series) and you will see Alfonso there. He is most definately the owner of the GRpro factory.
And I have allot of poof to go around, but thats for another day.

I just don't get it.......
Old 10-23-2007, 11:23 AM
STEVESRCWORLD

can someone give me some honest rpm numbers on the gr pro or lspro engines? no BS just honest numbers on a 27" prop. i don't expect 3w numbers but i do expect to see a reasonable performance number.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:03 AM
wifpwcf

ORIGINAL: Mitsu1

My flying buddy and I have bought, flown and tested GRPro engines from our friend Venon of CK Pro engines in Greenville, MS. These are quality engines that have been imported here for over a year and long before HH and SV knockoffs started to show up. wifpwcf claiming Alfonso is a drop shipper is ridiculous! Perhaps he is confusing him with Peakmodel of New Zealand, which is most definitely a drop shipper, as I've bought from them and all their stuff ships straight from China or Hong Kong .. but not New Zealand. Alfonso is the manufacturer behind the GRPro line of engines, and when he tells you the others are cheap copies of his design you should pay attention. You don't see official reps of SV or HH denying that fact, .. do you?
drop shipper ok here it is
my mum is a importer & exporter of 27 years so the info i have from the first lot of motors thet they were not made by grpro.as for there new line of motors i cant talk about.
I put money in some ones bank acc with out knowing them so i looked into it.The grpro sticker on my instuction book was covering some thing up so i peeled it of & another name was on it not hh,,,, so you tell me whos pulling whos leg.as for me talking about these motor i have all the right to as i have 2x100cc which 1 back fired on the weekend & destroyed the reeds,this motor is now in the bin.The first motor striped the key in the key way on the 1st start up
as for peak there in nz so sending stuff out of china is the same as what grpro done to me but there in china
ask your self this,,, why all 3 motors that were sent to me were diffrent colours lol had diffrent mufflers 1 had a diffrent carby to & 1 is longer then the others,then when i tryed to start up my mates 100cc it didnt have a ignition sensor[:@].the other thing was my motors were ment to run up before sent which they were not.the warrenty one was & it had a carby on it that looked well used eg very dirty.
so they were not all the same motors.The last one that was sent had USA on the box so that one is running fine on a 26x10
cheers glen
diffrent colours,diffrent mufflers the smaller mufflers are the same as my mates dzy48 twin.you can see the legnth of the mounts coming of the motors are diffrent length

Name:	Om33997.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	789429   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf13470.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	789430  
Old 10-24-2007, 08:30 AM
Mitsu1

my mum is a importer & exporter of 27 years so the info i have from the first lot of motors thet they were not made by grpro.as for there new line of motors i cant talk about.
My friend, .. what's the argument? We've been saying all along that the HH, and SV engines were not from GRPro. They are cheap copies made by other factories. So we are in agreement ... right?

I put money in some ones bank acc with out knowing them so i looked into it.The grpro sticker on my instuction book was covering some thing up so i peeled it of & another name was on it not hh,,,, so you tell me whos pulling whos leg.
Too many variables as to what this means, but I don't see this as some attempt to cover something up. Lots of Parent businesses DBA (Doing Business As)their branch companies with other names. Startup companies sometimes update their literature with the newer names, .. and in China some model manufaturing companies simply steal a design .. then use that companies literature as well!. I once bought a Flight Model Katana made in China. It came with a World Models Katana instruction manual in the box, and the two planes have almost nothing in common! The instruction manual was useless to me ... but Fight Model saw nothing wrong with grabbing someone elses literature and throwing it in the box as their own ... useless or not. As I said ... too many variables here.

as for peak there in nz so sending stuff out of china is the same as what grpro done to me but there in china
My Friend ... perhaps we have a communication divide here. Just because stuff comes out of China does not make up a "Drop Shipper". A Drop Shipper is someone who takes orders, then passes it on to someone else in another location to have that order fullfilled and shipped. You said your suspected GRPro came from China ... well, thats where GRPro is located! .. so this cancels your idea that Alfonso is a drop shipper because thats where he is ... as well as his company .. GRPro.
ask your self this,,, why all 3 motors that were sent to me were diffrent colours lol had diffrent mufflers 1 had a diffrent carby to & 1 is longer then the others,then when i tryed to start up my mates 100cc it didnt have a ignition sensor .the other thing was my motors were ment to run up before sent which they were not.the warrenty one was & it had a carby on it that looked well used eg very dirty.
so they were not all the same motors.
Again ... your very statement helps bolster my argument! They are different colors, with different mufflers and such because ..... You guess it !!! ... They come from different companies! ... This has been our point all along ... the engines you got were from other factories .. other than GRPro. Your engines are the cheap copies that Alfonso spoke about. .. The HH, and the SV ... these are the poor quality engines that are muddying up the waters .
Old 10-24-2007, 08:41 AM
Mitsu1

One more thing .. It may be necessary to define the difference between a "Copy" and a "Clone". A COPY is a duplicate attempt. A CLONE is an exact replica of the original. Alfonso has said those engines were "Copies" of his design,... which means they will look very similar, but are in fact be different in some minor, often unseen areas. This is why a "Copy" may perform differently from the original. Now, .. an exact "Clone" .. will be just that ... an exact replica in every way, which should yield an exact performance in every way.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:09 PM
Mitsu1

Also ... someone mentioned the DZY Engines. They clearly are not kin to this engine. DZY has a really, really good looking 100 Twin that is has heads that look almost just like Desert Aircraft's DA 100. Clearly no relation to the HH100T. Take a look below. I almost want to say ..... sweet?

Name:	Mk27371.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	789572   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44087.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	789573  
Old 10-24-2007, 06:52 PM
wifpwcf

ORIGINAL: Mitsu1

My friend, .. what's the argument? We've been saying all along that the HH, and SV engines were not from GRPro. They are cheap copies made by other factories. So we are in agreement ... right?

I put money in some ones bank acc with out knowing them so i looked into it.The grpro sticker on my instuction book was covering some thing up so i peeled it of & another name was on it not hh,,,, so you tell me whos pulling whos leg.
Too many variables as to what this means, but I don't see this as some attempt to cover something up. Lots of Parent businesses DBA (Doing Business As)their branch companies with other names. Startup companies sometimes update their literature with the newer names, .. and in China some model manufaturing companies simply steal a design .. then use that companies literature as well!. I once bought a Flight Model Katana made in China. It came with a World Models Katana instruction manual in the box, and the two planes have almost nothing in common! The instruction manual was useless to me ... but Fight Model saw nothing wrong with grabbing someone elses literature and throwing it in the box as their own ... useless or not. As I said ... too many variables here.

My Friend ... perhaps we have a communication divide here. Just because stuff comes out of China does not make up a "Drop Shipper". A Drop Shipper is someone who takes orders, then passes it on to someone else in another location to have that order fullfilled and shipped. You said your suspected GRPro came from China ... well, thats where GRPro is located! .. so this cancels your idea that Alfonso is a drop shipper because thats where he is ... as well as his company .. GRPro.
ask your self this,,, why all 3 motors that were sent to me were diffrent colours lol had diffrent mufflers 1 had a diffrent carby to & 1 is longer then the others,then when i tryed to start up my mates 100cc it didnt have a ignition sensor .the other thing was my motors were ment to run up before sent which they were not.the warrenty one was & it had a carby on it that looked well used eg very dirty.
so they were not all the same motors.
Again ... your very statement helps bolster my argument! They are different colors, with different mufflers and such because ..... You guess it !!! ... They come from different companies! ... This has been our point all along ... the engines you got were from other factories .. other than GRPro. Your engines are the cheap copies that Alfonso spoke about. .. The HH, and the SV ... these are the poor quality engines that are muddying up the waters .
so lets just clear 1 thing up here i brought these motors of alfy so he has sent me diffrent motors get it now.
the rest im not going to bother with you have you thoughts i have mine
cheers glen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.