Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

RC Ignitions...

Old 08-24-2007, 08:08 AM
Grizak
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Ignitions...

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to post a comment about the great service I received from Ralph at RC Ignitions. I bought a used Quadra 75 on eBay, and when I received the engine, I realized that the crankshaft was bent. I tried to contact the seller and get my money back, but I had no luck.

Anyways, I contacted Ralph and he offered a very reasonable price to straighten the crank. It turned out that crank was really bent and the flywheel and hub were a little crooked also. Ralph fixed it all up and it runs great! Also, his turn around time was really quick! My only regret was that I didn't get him to convert it to one of his electronic ignitions!

I highly recommend Ralph at RC Ignitions!

Thanks

Grizak
Old 08-24-2007, 09:02 AM
arobatx

Default RE: RC Ignitions...

Another fellow modeler has seen the light

Ralph is one of the best indeed. It has been said over and over on these forums how respected this man is. I've done business with Ralph at least three or four times, and countless phone calls and chit chat. The stories and wealth of information seem endless... I also very highly recommend Ralph, and for those who don't have his contact information, here it is:

Ralph Cunningham
RC Ignition
1783 Whitehall
Williams, AZ 86046
928-635-2455
Email Address: [email protected]
Homepage: www.rcignitions.com

Chad
Old 08-24-2007, 11:35 AM
RTK
My Feedback: (1)

I second that arobatx! Have been dealing with Ralph for a few years, he's taught me a lot and as chad has mentioned is a great guy to BS with.
Oh, he might have changed his e-mail address. If so just give him a call and leave a message.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:10 PM
Brian Smith
My Feedback: (117)

I 3rd that.. Ditto: Ditto: Ditto.. Brian

ORIGINAL: arobatx

Another fellow modeler has seen the light

Ralph is one of the best indeed. It has been said over and over on these forums how respected this man is. I've done business with Ralph at least three or four times, and countless phone calls and chit chat. The stories and wealth of information seem endless... I also very highly recommend Ralph, and for those who don't have his contact information, here it is:

Ralph Cunningham
RC Ignition
1783 Whitehall
Williams, AZ 86046
928-635-2455
Email Address: [email protected]
Homepage: www.rcignitions.com

Chad
Old 08-25-2007, 03:27 AM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've met and worked with the man. There's not a bad word to be said about him, his wife, his shop, or his work. High class all the way!!
Old 08-25-2007, 08:46 AM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Pat's absolutely right, we have lost both a good friend and a great resource. He has a wealth of knowledge and is willing to share it. Our loss,,,,,,,,
Old 08-25-2007, 10:03 AM
Tired Old Man

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but the gas engine forum has definately not been the same since his departure. Some of the "soul" of this forum left with him.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:40 AM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Your right, it's not the same ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 08-26-2007, 12:45 PM
DaddySam
My Feedback: (9)

Why did Ralph leave the forum? I recall some pretty acidic posts a while back, and I remember Ralph threatening to pull the plug on RCU, but he was posting after that incident. What's going on? I too miss his input on these threads.
Sam
Old 08-26-2007, 02:14 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: DaddySam

Why did Ralph leave the forum? I recall some pretty acidic posts a while back, and I remember Ralph threatening to pull the plug on RCU, but he was posting after that incident. What's going on? I too miss his input on these threads.
Sam
Call him and ask him. Thats the best thing to do if you really want to know. The worse thing we can do is speculate or spread rumor about his absence.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:51 AM
y2k6vette

Add my name to the list of engine lovers who miss Ralph's comments on our forums. He has converted (3) of my G62 engines to EI and has answered my phone calls with patience and consideration.
Ralph, if you're reading this forum, we sure would like to have you return.

Steve
Old 08-27-2007, 02:04 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Just want to add my 2 cents to all the positives that have been said about Ralph. Though I've never had the pleasure of meeting him in person, we have had numerous e-mails conversations and one phone talk, all of which were most enlightening for me, as he willingly shared his vast wealth of knowledge and experience.

The two Zenoah engine conversions he has done for me are true reflections of the level of excellence in his workmanship. In my book he is simply the real deal, and for sure many of us will be the worst off for his absence from here. Sure hope he decides to return, as too many of us are paying the price for a few.

Karol
Old 08-27-2007, 03:16 PM
Jake Ruddy
My Feedback: (40)

I think everyone needs a "we miss Ralph" sticky thread This is the 3rd post of this nature in the last month or so... he is easy to find via a phone or his forum which a link has been posted many times recently....

I for one am surprised he has left for this long this time... from what I have seen he will be back and maybe leave again for a 3rd or a 5th time and be back again...
Old 08-27-2007, 03:56 PM
RTK

Now, Now, sinergy. I have been here since 2003 (yourself 2005) and I do not recall him coming and going as you have mentioned
Old 08-27-2007, 04:14 PM
Ialwayscrash
My Feedback: (106)

Why don't you leave and see if as many people lament your departure?
Old 08-27-2007, 04:51 PM
RTK

ORIGINAL: Ialwayscrash

Why don't you leave and see if as many people lament your departure?
Was that directed at me or sinergy[X(]
Old 08-27-2007, 05:20 PM
Tired Old Man

Probably.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:25 PM
RTK

Well I knew no one would lament my departure, just looking for some clarification Pat
Hope you get a load of sand in your shorts
Old 08-27-2007, 06:50 PM
radioactiver/c

he didn't leave he's still here, just have to know who he is

Don't ask coz I'm not tellin
Old 08-27-2007, 07:01 PM
Ialwayscrash
My Feedback: (106)

If you read the little "in reply to", you will know who I meant.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:12 PM
RCVFR
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: sinergy

I think everyone needs a "we miss Ralph" sticky thread This is the 3rd post of this nature in the last month or so... he is easy to find via a phone or his forum which a link has been posted many times recently....

I for one am surprised he has left for this long this time... from what I have seen he will be back and maybe leave again for a 3rd or a 5th time and be back again...
Why is this such a problem for you?
Old 08-27-2007, 09:39 PM
Jake Ruddy
My Feedback: (40)

ORIGINAL: Ialwayscrash

If you read the little "in reply to", you will know who I meant.

LOL.. I could care less really. not hear to make "online friends" here to learn and share knowledge period. I speak my mind.. some like it some don't not much I can do about that.

And for the record he has left twice that I know of...

The point was this is the 3rd thread about him in a month... this is the gas engine fourm not the I miss ralph forum. Don't get me wrong I may argue with him because I think he's a bit umm over bearing shall we say.. but I have sent him business myself (atleast 3 people in the last year) and his name is mentioned at my field from time to time.

Just because I dont agree with his tactics and general attitude doesnt mean I don't respect him at the same time.

The best boss I ever had and taught me some things in life was one who would yell at me when I did something wrong during the day and at 5pm would go out for a beer with me like nothing happened.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:47 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

ORIGINAL: RTK

Hope you get a load of sand in your shorts
LOL LOL!!!
Old 08-28-2007, 01:06 AM
Tired Old Man

Old 08-28-2007, 12:55 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: sinergy

LOL.. I could care less really. not hear to make "online friends" here to learn and share knowledge period. I speak my mind.. some like it some don't not much I can do about that.

And for the record he has left twice that I know of...

The point was this is the 3rd thread about him in a month... this is the gas engine fourm not the I miss ralph forum. Don't get me wrong I may argue with him because I think he's a bit umm over bearing shall we say.. but I have sent him business myself (atleast 3 people in the last year) and his name is mentioned at my field from time to time.

Just because I dont agree with his tactics and general attitude doesnt mean I don't respect him at the same time.

The best boss I ever had and taught me some things in life was one who would yell at me when I did something wrong during the day and at 5pm would go out for a beer with me like nothing happened.
Guess that boss of yours must have had a sore throat from all that yelling. It seems that even in his absence Ralph has the ability to get under your skin.....pity.

Just for your information Ralph was one of the foundation folks that helped make this forum what it is, though these days it is somewhat of a diluted entity.

Karol

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.