*Brillelli 26-SSR*

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 09:23 PM
plasticman
My Feedback: (97)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: *Brillelli 26-SSR*

Skillet,

This will be a lot of motor for the Funtana. I had one on a 13-lb'er and it would 3D with ease. My setup was with a ES composite pipe and a Mejzlik 18x6. Great combo and the 26 SSR was a real powerhouse. I have been looking for just right plane to put mine on, since I crashed my last one. I considered a 100x and that is still not out of the running with its 1000+ wing area. I like the idea that it is cheap and parts are available. Also considering an Extreme Flight Yak.

David
Old 06-19-2008, 06:28 AM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in the market for another 26cc gasser from Scott. How long do you guys think the wait is at this point ???
Old 06-19-2008, 06:42 AM
Jake Ruddy
My Feedback: (40)

Zippi, atleast 4 weeks right now... he has a lot of stuff going on right now and on top of that he is helping his parent's business by working full time during the day because they are short staffed.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:47 AM
Zippi

Jake Ruddy,

Scott is a good ole boy and a hard worker. I've had two of his 26cc gassers and a 40cc. They don't get any better. Sounds like he may need to hire a little help just until he gets back on his feet again and gets all caught up. I may wait a little while and see how things go.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:04 AM
Jake Ruddy

He works harder than most for sure.

He really can't afford to hire anyone and I know this for a fact. He spends a lot of money sending out free replacement carbs / EIs to help people troubleshoot issues and covers way too much shipping for everyone.. really eats into the profit!

That being said its hard if you are not home during the day to hire someone and give them free roam of your home / shop. People are just going to have to wait or buy something else right now. He has a lot more going on right now people know about and I can't get into.

Either way he is spending as much time as he can to get caught up.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:19 PM
Deathbunny_SG
My Feedback: (6)

I knew before I ordered it that it was prolly going to take a month to get here, but I felt it was worth a month wait to get one of these. I really hope it doesn't take much longer then that or I will have to get a refund. I dont really want to miss entire flying season waiting. I understand he is overwhelmed but saying at least 2 weeks is a very misleading thing. That implies longer then 2 weeks but how much longer??? How bout saying will be delivered within 1 month or 2 months at least then people know how long they are having there money tied up without product before ordering. My point is just saying at least 2 weeks doesn't tell us anything except that we WONT be getting it in under 2 weeks. It tells us nothing about how long we might really have to wait.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:36 PM
Zippi

Deathbunny_SG,

I heard that about the waiting period. I was thinking that if I do a winter project then I won't need the engine anyway and the wait wont seem so bad. A Brillelli engine is worth the wait, just have to make up your mind what part of the year you want to wait. You ever notice that you very seldom see a Brillelli engine in the classifieds.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:14 PM
skillet92

Well i will say that i placed an order for a 26 and i hope that it does'nt take 2 months, BUT the resone that i placed the order was because between scott and adam at BCMA there is no better service in the industry. I have a couple on engines from adam and after reading these post and others scott has the same service! Can't wait to put it out front of my 100x!!!
Old 06-19-2008, 09:03 PM
xtraflyr
My Feedback: (11)

Well,
Its worth the wait for sure. I have this motor and the 46. Both awesome with great power.. If you want something quick,maybe go with a mass produced engine,like a Zenoa,or Evo.Just cuz it might be awhile. Give Scott a chance first though. He really cant help it if his parts supplier is outta parts..
Cya,
Frank

Deathbunny_ sg,
What part of Jersey are you in?
Old 06-19-2008, 09:56 PM
Deathbunny_SG
My Feedback: (6)

mt laurel area. I fly at the rc field at south jersy regional, club is NJ Pine Barrons.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:35 AM
FlyingGreg
My Feedback: (4)

Zippy, Deathbunny and Skillet; I am over eight weeks waiting, but have received a couple of email replies from Scott indicating he will be shipping soon. Apparently pistons/sleeves he uses were not available and caused a backup in his process. Everybody, and I mean everybody that has dealt with him seems more than pleased with his product and service, and have convinced me it will be worth the wait. Everytime a UPS truck comes up my road I run out like a kid hearing the Jingle Scoot Ice Cream truck! Wait, I hear something out there now that sounds like a truck......
Old 06-20-2008, 08:38 AM
FlyingGreg
My Feedback: (4)

Nuts...false alarm.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:49 AM
Hawkeye438
My Feedback: (25)

Scott, I ordered a 26cc 3 months ago. I can,t get you on the phone and your e-mail dosen't go through. I need the engine or a refund.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:51 AM
rmathews
My Feedback: (1)

Hi Hawkeye438,know how you feel,will be 3 months for me in 2 days.Getting a little discouraged myself with lack of progress updates,would be very nice if Scott would check this forum and give progress updates. Rich
Old 06-24-2008, 01:27 PM
hankpajari
My Feedback: (1)

Hi

I am guessing that Scott is a little turned off on our forum. From what I read here he is working to get the backorders filled but is running into health and supply problems. I ordered mine on June the 3rd so I guess I am well down the que. Sure it is frustrating but giving Scott the benefit of the doubt looks like the best thing to do. JMHO.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:14 PM
skillet92

Hey guys I ordered mine about 2 weeks ago myself and really don't want the wait that it may take, but I do know that after reading a lot of the forums that are posted about brillelli engines almost all are , great engine, awesome power, great service, reliable...etc..etc.. For that i am willing to wait for a product that i plan on having for a couple of years and airframes!!!
Old 06-24-2008, 07:28 PM
shawn45
My Feedback: (77)

Hey all,

I can’t get my 26 ssr running; I’d appreciate any tips or help. When I use choke, it starts for a moment and when I open the choke nothing happens, it pops once in a while but it won’t run.
Richening the low does not help, looking at spark plug, looks like it only draws fuel with closed choke.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:27 PM
Jake Ruddy

I would check all the lines for leaks first.

To everyone else.. there will be an update very shortly. I would appreciate it if you could pm me your full name so I can get some info. I really can't relay what has been going on as it's a personal nature and not business related at all. Email is the main way to connect with Scott right now.. but if you PM me you name I will get get an update.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:30 PM
GTworks

hey shawn
Altough Im new to gas engines myself ,I have been reading and watching club members trouble shoot their motors .
With choke closed is when it does suck the most fuel for priming . Considering that the ignition is ok and battery is putting out the correct voltage ,jump to your mixtures screws .There probably is an easy follow steps on brillelli website .Click the motor you have and follow link to motor setups ,IM sure there is a trouble shoot guide that Scott provides for easy viewing.I knowits there for the 366!
Gt
Old 06-24-2008, 09:15 PM
xtraflyr
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: shawn45

Hey all,

I can’t get my 26 ssr running; I’d appreciate any tips or help. When I use choke, it starts for a moment and when I open the choke nothing happens, it pops once in a while but it won’t run.
Richening the low does not help, looking at spark plug, looks like it only draws fuel with closed choke.
Hey Shawn45,
I had the same trouble. First the low end is probably very very rich. they dont like to start rich.
Someone showed me this way and it worked very well every time.

Choke it until it pops,choke off,
Turn the ignition off,and throttle set high,
Flip it 3 times,
throttle set to idle,trim set up high,
ignition on,
it should start after a few flips.
If all else fails,use a High Torque Starter,after its choked and pops.

Where Scott is located,I guess they need to be run richer.

PS anyone goin to the Warbirds Over Delaware? Ill be there Saturday..

Cya,
Frank
Old 06-25-2008, 12:24 AM
cosmospho

Shawn45 start with 1 1/4 turns or less and it will run great.... don't use 2 turns or else it will never start believe me I had to hand swing the prop of mine for over 2 hours during 2 days, until someone here told me to close needles and now its a beauty....
Old 06-25-2008, 04:08 AM
shawn45

Thanks guys for all the help. I'll try one turn tomorrow and let you know.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:46 AM
ljones5000
My Feedback: (2)

shawn45, just another thing to check. My 46GT had sort of the same symptoms, it would pop and even run a few licks and quit. I spent two days flipping and checking fuel lines, needles, changed plug, channged ignition battery, by-passed the ignition switch, etc. I tried everything I could think of.

Finally, I found the spark plug wire had worn through the rubber insulation and exposed the wire...not much, but a little and that's all it took.

As I said, just something else to check. Good luck.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:23 PM
shawn45

Today I tried many different settings without success. I used a high torque starter, it pops but never gets going, every time I choke it runs for second and then after opening the choke few pops and nothing after. I am guessing fuel draw problem? Carb? Spark is
Good. Can’t think of anything ells
Old 06-26-2008, 07:11 AM
GTworks

Shawn,
If fuel lines check out good with no leaks ,there maybe dirt or crud in the system.Check fuel filters and from there force feed gasinto carb threw air intake ,just a little gas not to much .If it runs for a wile while its a definite fuel problem or maybe pump on carb iss no good .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.