Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

*Brillelli 26-SSR*

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 01:13 AM
cosmospho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: *Brillelli 26-SSR*

Check also if you have no air leaks between carb and intake.... Since you mentioned changing the needles didn't have such a considerable effect, I figure you must be having an air leak..... Get some high temp sealanta and place it when you mount the carb to the intake, but don't let that cover up your pulse line.... Another idea, make it a little more rich and get a larger prop (17x10)....
Old 07-07-2008, 10:11 AM
ledsled
My Feedback: (1)

xtraflyr, yeah my concern is sitting in the pits and taxi to the flight line. Safety is my biggest concern. I have an opti kill switch. My two safety officers in the club are DA and Zenoah fans, with no idle issues on their planes, so I don't have much wriggle room.

I never thought about running a low pitch prop to help reduce the pull at the low end. Reducing thrust is usually not the objective. I will give that a try. Thanks.

cosmospho, I have run a 18X6 and a 16X8 that did not make much difference, except on the high end. Scott also suggested I look for leaks around the carb. I did not pulled the neoprene adapter off the head when I swapped the carbs. It looked tight to me, but I will check it again. When I pull it again, I will scan the whole block and cylinder too.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:33 PM
hankpajari

Hi guys

Just a quick question as to whether anyone has heard back about when Scott will be shipping his backorders.

Thanks

Hank
Old 07-07-2008, 02:52 PM
FlyingGreg
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got emails from Scott a couple of weeks ago that indicated he would be shipping soon, but so far, no engine.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:28 PM
Firebird25

I spoke with Scott early last week and was told that he would be shipping my order placed on 3/4/08 this week...
Old 07-07-2008, 11:56 PM
rodney tanner

I have been waiting three months for a 46GT. Scott eventually replies to e-mails but lately even that has stopped. We all go through times like this and I am trying to be patient (no choice really). Frankly I think he should have just suspended service for a couple of months to get himself sorted out and get caught up on the backlog and not spoil a well earned reputation; I for one would have totally understood. Let's hope things get sorted out soon.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:21 AM
FlyingGreg

I'm with you Rodney, waiting, waiting, waiting...Hope he catches up.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:06 AM
AIRPLANENUTS
My Feedback: (2)

Guys, anyone happen to know which Walbro choke carb fits the 26SS? I want to replace the Zama.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:05 PM
Capt. Ron

I had called Scott three weeks ago. I asked him about ordering the 46GT. He told me that it would be about 3 - 4 weeks. I have been trying to get an up date on my engine. I have called lots of times and I have sent e-mails. Today I sent a letter asking for an up date. I know he has been sick. I hope he is OK !! He could be gone on a vacation, with it being the 4th of July week.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:54 PM
ledsled

Couple of things:

First of all I want to thank xtraflyr, and cosmospho for the advice on my IDLE problem. I did find where the cylinder/block gasket seem to be pushed out under the carb. I loosened up the block bolts shoved it back in and put some high temp sealant on the spot. I'm not sure if it was leaking or not. But I just tested the engine, fire right up and settled down to 1,650. Success!

Secondly the leak advice matched what Scott had emailed me and told me over the phone as well. Guess I should have paid more attention. But the nice thing was Scott's email yesterday offering to take it back and fix it for me. And yes that's what I said the email was yesterday evening.

I too have had major delays, and at time wished I had ordered another engine. But I'm glad I have these two, B46 and 26SSR. The performance rocks. Such is the price of success. I have worked with Scott for two years on my engines, and I agree he is a stand up guy.

My advice to those without one is order early and have something else to fly, or order something for more money or less performance.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:30 PM
xtraflyr
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: ledsled

Couple of things:

First of all I want to thank xtraflyr, and cosmospho for the advice on my IDLE problem. I did find where the cylinder/block gasket seem to be pushed out under the carb. I loosened up the block bolts shoved it back in and put some high temp sealant on the spot. I'm not sure if it was leaking or not. But I just tested the engine, fire right up and settled down to 1,650. Success!

Secondly the leak advice matched what Scott had emailed me and told me over the phone as well. Guess I should have paid more attention. But the nice thing was Scott's email yesterday offering to take it back and fix it for me. And yes that's what I said the email was yesterday evening.

I too have had major delays, and at time wished I had ordered another engine. But I'm glad I have these two, B46 and 26SSR. The performance rocks. Such is the price of success. I have worked with Scott for two years on my engines, and I agree he is a stand up guy.

My advice to those without one is order early and have something else to fly, or order something for more money or less performance.
Your welcome led sled!

Scott has always tried to help me out by taking a motor back,if I wasnt happy. I too have a 46gt and the 26ssr.My dad has the 26ssr in his 80"span World Models Zero. My friend also has a 46gt and his dad has the 50cc. Were all very happy with our purchase.. I would buy from Scott again for sure.
He may be backed up due to family/health problems,but if you want he can have the motors made in China and they'll be garbage,but youll get your motor quicker..

Cya,
Frank
Old 07-09-2008, 07:36 PM
Capt. Ron

I'm glad you received an e-mail from him. I was worried that he had gotten sicker. I hope to hear from him soon.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:22 PM
skillet92

Xtraflyr your dad has one in a 80" Zero!! Do you know what weight that plane is. I ask because i ordered this engine about a month ago for my 100x and have since came across a great deal on a 120 surpass. I still want the engine, just would like to know what is the upper limit of weight that this little engine will 3D?? Also i have heard from some guys at the field that since this engine is such high reeving it must lose some midrange?? how does yours preform there?
Old 07-09-2008, 09:37 PM
xtraflyr
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: skillet92

Xtraflyr your dad has one in a 80" Zero!! Do you know what weight that plane is. I ask because i ordered this engine about a month ago for my 100x and have since came across a great deal on a 120 surpass. I still want the engine, just would like to know what is the upper limit of weight that this little engine will 3D?? Also i have heard from some guys at the field that since this engine is such high reeving it must lose some midrange?? how does yours preform there?
skillet92,
Yup as do I in a 73"KMP Hawker Typhoon that weighs just at 18lbs.It flys both if them beautifully.Im not sure of the weight of my dads plane but it has to be in the 15lbs range or more. Most of the time when we maidened dads Zero,it was in the midrange.Both of our engines are very new only one flight each on them. My Typhoon lowend was on the rich side so it was quite burbally(SP). Basically this engine will fly anything that uses a OS 160 2stroke.I would imagine it would fly your 100X no problem.
I believe Jake Ruddy(Sinergy) is going to put one in the new 78"Extreme Flight Extra and run it on a Tuned Pipe. I also remember hearing guys are running this motor on the Ultra RC Giles/Katana. Again both that are ranged for the OS 160.

Cya,
Frank
Old 07-10-2008, 10:55 AM
3D_Junkie

ORIGINAL: skillet92

For 3D I would say the upper range is about 10 lbs. I had my 26SSR in a Quique 72" Yak at weighed in at 11.5 lbs. It would hover but had no pull-out. I currnetly have it in a Wild hare baby edge at 9.8 lbs, and it has plenty of pull-out, not rocket ship but enough to be comfortable down low.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:25 PM
plasticman
My Feedback: (97)

Mine, on a ESComposite Pipe and Mej 18x6, would easily hover my 13-lb'er It would also pull out of hover very well. I will have this plane back in the air soon and will get some video. Midrange was a little sharp in that it required some throttle curve to get a little more resolution. I was getting used to it for hovering and 3D before I nearly destroyed the plane.

David.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:59 PM
3D_Junkie

ORIGINAL: plasticman

Mine, on a ESComposite Pipe and Mej 18x6, would easily hover my 13-lb'er It would also pull out of hover very well. I will have this plane back in the air soon and will get some video. Midrange was a little sharp in that it required some throttle curve to get a little more resolution. I was getting used to it for hovering and 3D before I nearly destroyed the plane.

David.
I should have quantified my answer a little better. I am talking stock exhaust.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:56 PM
hankpajari

Hi guys

Got a nice email from Scott. Looks like he has the parts he needs in stock finally and is clearing his backlog. Hope he can find it in his heart to rejoin this thread after being dumped on in the past. Maybe the moderator can convince him. He has the answers to most of our questions.

Old 07-11-2008, 02:25 PM
mesaflyer

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_76...mpage_2/tm.htm

Post 35

And then check out post 45. That should say it all.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:41 PM
hankpajari

Thanks, glad this is finally cleared up.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:51 PM
FlyingGreg

Hank,,,I believe the 26 is going to be great. I am worried that it will ever be shipped, but just got an email from scott saying the problem was the new head gaskets and his solution is a copper gasket that results in less vibration and more power. He is shipping my order on Monday. That's two days from now. WOO HOO!!!
Old 07-18-2008, 04:50 PM
shawn45
My Feedback: (77)

Hello,

I was wondering what is the best way to start the 26 ssr?
any different way when engine hot? mine is difficult for me to start, some times worst than others. Also I'd like to know opening( NO. of turns) on your high/low needles.

Thanks
Old 07-19-2008, 07:12 AM
3D_Junkie

ORIGINAL: shawn45

Hello,

I was wondering what is the best way to start the 26 ssr?
any different way when engine hot? mine is difficult for me to start, some times worst than others. Also I'd like to know opening( NO. of turns) on your high/low needles.

Thanks
Mine starts really easily.
Choke on, Ignition on - Flip until it pops (usually 5 flips)
Choke off, Ignition on - Flip until it starts (usually 1 or 2 flips)

If the engine is warm no choking is required.

Both of my needles are about 1 1/4 out.

If your motor is too rich, it will be more difficult to start.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:40 PM
ledsled

After all the trouble with the idle out of the way, I took my Sukhoi 31 with the 26ssr out yesterday for the maiden flight. It ran well, even with the heat and humidity. I took off and flew about 8 laps in the pattern with plenty of power. Tested the vertical but not too much being a maiden flight. I started to make a couple approaches, I went to about 1/3 throttle and she died. I dead sticked in with no problems.

I found the gasket problem had returned, but a bit worse. Must be some really high pressure. I guess I need a new gasket, maybe something stronger. I saw something in a thread in RC universe that there is a stronger one?
Old 07-22-2008, 03:01 PM
Jake Ruddy
My Feedback: (40)

hrmm well there are 2 suggestions.. you have either use that copper permex (can't remember the name off the top of my head) or there is a red anobolic lock tite gasket maker that is available at places like NAPA. Either should keep that gasket staying in place. Both require 24hrs to dry but should fix her right up no problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.