Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

mixture/oil type for gas engine help

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

mixture/oil type for gas engine help

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 07:27 AM
Kevin23
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mixture/oil type for gas engine help

I have a fuji bt-43ei2,I was wondering what kind of oil and ratio anyome is running in their gas engine.
I have been runnig 40:1 ratio with a good klotz oil,and was hoping I could go with a good synthetic oil and run a little leaner mixture without damaging my engine.
A local flyer here runs amsoil 2stroke oil with a 100:1 ratio,is this acceptable.
I would run the fuji if it didn't cost almost $50 for 8oz's,It has to be private labeled by another company.I just can't see buying their oil for just the very small amount you get.
I would asume a good synthetic oil would protect better than a petroleum based oil,correct?
I have tried searching,could not find any info I was looking for.
Thanks for any help,
Kevin
Old 09-02-2007, 08:18 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: mixture/oil type for gas engine help

You are on the right track using Klotz at the ratio you specified. Lots of persons, me included avoid using any oil mixed at a 100:1 ratio no matter how super it is claimed to be.

For our low duty engines, any of the readily available leading brands of synthetic oils designed for 2 stroke air cooled engines such as Mobil, Pennzoil, Shell or Castrol mixed within their manufacturers recommendations which usually fall within a range of 32 - 50: 1 ratios is more than satisfactory for use in our engines.

Karol
Old 09-02-2007, 08:26 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do a search on this subject here on RCU. Everything you request and require has been beat to death, including applications with your specific engine manufacturer. Ain't no way I'm going there again.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:39 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Hey Pat, does the phrase "low duty" ring a bell

Karol
Old 09-02-2007, 12:31 PM
3d-aholic
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Pat Roy

Do a search on this subject here on RCU. Everything you request and require has been beat to death, including applications with your specific engine manufacturer. Ain't no way I'm going there again.
Pat's right...but you could save yourself some time and get Pennzoil Aircooled @ 50:1 dino or Belray MC-1 @ 50:1. Avoid anything at 100:1 unless you have a DA with unlimited no questions asked free service....then you may as well burn it up and get a new one every 6 months.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:21 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Copy low duty. Again, I ain't goin down that road again
Old 09-02-2007, 04:55 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thread closed.

All the information you seek is already in this forum. Go to the GAS ENGINNES FORUM page and scroll to the bottom. Type in your search criteria in the search box and be prepared to spend the next 3 weeks reading all the fights this type of question has already started.