Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

where are the fuij's made?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 11:01 AM
whatwind
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where are the fuij's made?

willing to bite the bullet and buy a large gas engine but don't want one made in china.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:07 AM
k8svrick

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: where are the fuij's made?

Try - http://brillelli.com/index.html and http://www.desertaircraft.com/
Old 12-04-2007, 11:59 AM
Big_Bird

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: whatwind

willing to bite the bullet and buy a large gas engine but don't want one made in china.
Just curious. Why do you not want to buy a Chinese made engine?
Old 12-04-2007, 12:36 PM
gnirwin
My Feedback: (25)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fuji's are made in Japan and distributed by Tower Hobbies. Everyone that I know that has owned a Fuji has been happy with them. I think there was a problem a few years ago with one particular model that has since been fixed. There are alot of negatives here on RC universe towards them with alot of weight and power issues in particular.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:22 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are made at the top of Mt. Fuji. It's been a tradition for years.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:41 PM
whatwind

to those who were helpful may you have fair winds and sunny days to the other ha? I own several chinese engines the super tigers are flawless the magum 53 46 and 120 four strokes are good. the last last a 52 two stroke has been nonthing but touble. I'm building big birds now and I want my money to stay in my country. to say more would break the rules of this site.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:53 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

to those who were helpful may you have fair winds and sunny days to the other ha? I own several chinese engines the super tigers are flawless the magum 53 46 and 120 four strokes are good. the last last a 52 two stroke has been nonthing but touble. I'm building big birds now and I want my money to stay in my country. to say more would break the rules of this site.
I understand where you're coming from but just like the automotive industry, its just about impossible to find an engine that will have 100% American parts content. Several companies such as DA, Brillelli, Taurus and BME will have mostly American assembly and thats about all we can expect these days. If someone knows of a 100% American engine, I'd like to know what it is. Like most of us though, I buy for the purpose at hand and that means that some of my engines are from China, Canada, Japan and parts of Europe. But .... I certainly support American companies when possible.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:42 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Sorry I have these silly attacks now and then. I'll try to not do that anymore in your thread.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:27 AM
Tsutomu Mabuchi

Fuji's factory is close to Yokohama in Japan and they assemble and
test the engines in Japan but I don't know where they gather the engine
components from.
I thought they were their own made, but I'm not sure.

Tsutomu Mabuchi
Old 12-06-2007, 09:52 PM
PoMan

I have a Fuji BTd24EI and have had nothing but trouble with it working with my radio set up. The engine runs really good though on the test stand but installed in the plane is where I have been having trouble. The first radion system I had in it would glitch like crazy and was absolutlely un-flyable. I did move all the parts around and seperated them as far as possible (more than the 12" recommended) but still had problems. I won a Spreadspectrum radion in a raffel and installed it but even that gave me problems. I just got word from this Forum that sometimes the Voltwatch can cause problems and it will be the next thing to go. I did send the engine back to the factory with full explanation and they sent it back "very prompltly I will add" with a new spark plug and a "no problem found" note attached. The Fuji is probably a good engine but mine has just been too difficult to make work. If I had only bought a good 4 stroke OS or even Magnum!!
Old 12-06-2007, 10:42 PM
OldCoot
My Feedback: (47)

I own the Fuji 24 as well as the 32.
These are two of the best running engines I have.
Never a problem with radio interference.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:04 AM
Al Lewis
Banned

Well that's going to depend on how large to begin with. Scott Ellingson over at Brillelli has some really sweet engines up to about 60cc I believe. 3W is out of Germany. Not sure where the Taurus is made but it's the best 50cc on the market today. IMHO MVVS does a really powerful engine but you'll have to bootleg one in through Canada. DA is assembled in the US and I believe the case is made here with other parts imported from other countries, not China. Take your pick. Apart from that, if you want to keep your money in the U.S. then keep it in your pocket and find another hobby. I take it you don't own any gas engines??? On the other hand, you could always buy a machine shop and design your own. Then you could sell them to us really cheap to make sure we have inexpensive U.S. made engines. BTW Isn't that a 60's song "Where are all the Fujis made.....Long time passing"[8D][8D][8D][8D]
Old 12-07-2007, 08:57 AM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Taurus is essentially made in the USA. The heads are Mahle which come from Germany. The ignitions are the original CH SyncroSpark. Pistons and rods are a Sachs design manufactured by Makita since that's who bought out Sachs. I believe the cranks are made at a U.S. location to Taurus specs. All assembly is U.S. The cases are U.S. manufacture.

As for where the Fuji is made...it's not one that's high on the performance lists so does it really matter?
Old 12-07-2007, 10:09 AM
altavillan

It would be easier to find an all American made engine than an American made machine shop.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:36 AM
Lemjim

The Fuji engine is unshielded and will give you nothing but trouble as it did me, I would check out others.

Regards, Jim
Old 12-07-2007, 07:30 PM
larry@coyotenet
My Feedback: (21)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the 32 and 50 Fuji, use them a lot in warbirds. Never had a problem with RF. I might suggest you check and see if you have a non resistor plug in the engine. I fly Airtronics and have never had a problem with any of the different radios I have used with the Fuji's. I also have a Sachs 4.2 and a G-62, no RF with them either. My opinion of the Fuji engines is that they are good, dependable engines. Easy to operate, smooth running, the 32 is heavy for it's displacement but is one of the smoothest gassers I have seen, parts are too high but I have not needed any major parts yet so it's no problem.

Larry
Old 12-08-2007, 05:36 AM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

All of this talk about engines and radios, but one thing that will surely drive your radio nuts is chrome Monokote or metal panels blocking the signal to the receiver. I saw a fellow with a Platt T-28 Trainer. It was gorgeously covered in chrome Monokote. After going around and around and around trying to get the system to pass a range check, it finally occurred to the builder that the antenna was inside the model, as with all of the planes he built for other folks. He ran the antenna outside of the model's covering and it instantly passed the range check. This was a glow powered model.

It just goes to show you that there can be other things affecting the radio's performance than an ignition engine.

Ed Cregger
Old 12-10-2007, 08:04 PM
thevirginian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know what he meant with "unshielded", but my Fujies are absolutely trouble free and that's for way over two years consistent flying. What more can I say. Very reliable motors, indeed. Not the cheapest ones on the market but great motors. I guess you can hear and read good and bad things about evry motor, if you want to find it. Unfortunately, the majority of motors is made in China, nowadays. Just like all the ARF's. Like sombody above said before: You don't like Chineese made products, look for another hobby.