Info or help for Maloney

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 08:05 PM
pipercub6
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Info or help for Maloney

Hi Engine Folks,

I know, they are hard starting, weak, and heavy, but mine ran good enough to pull a 1/4 scale Nosen Citabra around.
However, 2 heart attacks for me and 2 years of hanging in a garage has left it with some carb problems. I would like to find the block and a different carb if possible, and have also entertained the thought of a possible rebuild. The carb # I found is a Walbro AW 190.
I found several rebuild kits that supposedly work for the AW carbs but would just as soon replace it. I know I'm getting gas to the carb and have removed it and sprayed it out well with carb cleaner. the pulse hole is clean as well as the hole through the insulator block.
However it just doesn't seem to pull any fuel at all into the carb. I am going to play with it some more but things to try are always welcome and if you know of a carb/block at a decent price please let me know. Any help is always greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Regards, Pipercub 6
Old 07-14-2008, 10:10 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Info or help for Maloney

Try Ralph.... His phone number is on web-site. [email protected] <[email protected]> Capt,n
Old 07-17-2008, 03:02 AM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Default RE: Info or help for Maloney

if the stock carb is a Walbro just remove it and take it to a Chain Saw Shop and have them rebuild it, or replace it,, (I'm betting the diaphragm is just dryed out)

or you can call Walbro and have them send you a new carb..

Jim