Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

PHP idle problem

Old 08-26-2008, 08:16 PM
djr1007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PHP idle problem

Helping a friend tune his new PHP 26cc. Just one of the many new Chinese gasers. I've followed the Walbro instructions from this forum for setting the needles, but cannot get an idle that will hold for more than 4 or 5 seconds. Transitions nicely, getting about 7700RPM, but take the idle below 4K and it only holds for a few seconds before starting to drop RPMs and then die. I've followed the same instructions to check, clean and set the high/low speed needles, diaphram, pump, no air leaks, shortened the pulse tubing from the the crank case to carb. I'm out of ideas. The instructions are of course in Chinese so they are useless. I've run about 4 tanks thru this thing so far @ 30:1 (tried some 50:1 just to see, no difference).
Also, no choke on this thing, only way I can get it going is to hold my finger over the carb and flip it 6 or 8 times. That's not going to work when he puts the cowl on, what then?
Any ideas or help?
Thanks.