Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Zenoah G26ei idle probs

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 03:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Zenoah G26ei idle probs

Hi.
Have one of these in a CMP Cessna 182 with 90 degree carb bend fitted (see photo) problem is when holding the plane with the motor is idling it stops when the model is rotated 90 degrees left or right, only does this at idle speed motor is fine ar anything above idle. Any ideas.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21709.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	1025532  
Old 09-03-2008, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Zenoah G26ei idle probs

Have you fully tuned the carb? I'd guess perhaps since it is a piston ported engine that tends to spit gas from the carb, perhaps fuel puddling is occuring with the 90 degree bend. Rotating the airframe may be releasing the puddle, thus killing the engine at idle. If you are out of tune, the puddling could be excessive. How about a picture of your plug?

Chad
Old 09-03-2008, 08:52 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How about in the air...does the engine ever quit a lower speeds? Maybe you have to lean out the idle some. The engine Looks like a T. Clark Zenoah! Best Regards, Capt,n
Old 09-04-2008, 08:23 AM

Toni Clark has some trick stuff Hopefully Futaba1024 gets back on here and lets us know some more details on this.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:40 PM

Hi Guys.
No the motor is not a Tony Clark, I believe that all the European spec Zenoahs come through him the G26ei with a smaller carb than US versions.

This is a US spec motor (aparently with larger carb) bought from Hong Kong and I have fitted the 90 degree bend, have been told that this type with large carb does not throttle so well as the the small carb version and the bend makes matters worse.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:46 PM

You still have the OEM spacer block? Mount the carb to the cylinder with that, and test. What's the carb ID of the one on there now?
Old 09-05-2008, 03:03 AM

ORIGINAL: arobatx

You still have the OEM spacer block? Mount the carb to the cylinder with that, and test. What's the carb ID of the one on there now?

Pretty sure the carb is a WT-645, still have the spacer block, but if I fitted that the whole carb assy would be outside the cowl, in which cas I might as well fit the carb as standard with a big hole in the side of the cowl.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:09 AM

Same carb I had on mine, no troubles with it. But I never ran the elbow... i was only suggesting you mount up the OEM spacer to narrow down your observations. See if the carb is still tempermental, or if it tunes right up with the OEM spacer...etc. How much space do you have between the velocity stack and the firewall/cable...etc? Also how about the gaskets before and aft of the elbow? The pulse port cannot be blocked, or partially blocked...? Did you manage to get a pic of your plug to see how its running?