Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

BEWARE madabout-rc.co.uk

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BEWARE madabout-rc.co.uk

ORIGINAL: norbert001

You'd want an ak47 in the left hand, and a gatling gun on the right hand...!!!!
and for good measure invite Rambo for a night out..!!!!

invite big Arnie too
Old 12-20-2008, 08:20 PM

nah, he makes dickens urchins sound educated
Old 12-20-2008, 09:51 PM

Reminds me of the language you see in some of these ARF manuals. Chinglish! So it could possibly be the culprit pretending to be a satisfied customer in hopes of defending his tarnished name.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:37 AM

or he got one of his friends to do it hmmmmmmmm or even his kid?
Old 12-21-2008, 01:19 PM

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

We hear of these horror stories all the time but I guess some of us think that it just won't happen to us and so take the plunge in an effort to save a few dollars, only to find out that it can and does happen. As for me, I like a good deal just as much as anyone but try to get them from those who are reputed to be good persons to deal with and who are in good standing with our fraternity.

Karol
Old 12-21-2008, 02:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just my humble opinion, but it sounds like the gibberish my kid uses when texting on the cell phone. She says it's because it takes less time with the little keypads on the cell phones. It took a while before I understood "l8r" was the same as "later" and "gr8" was "great". Go figure.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:20 PM
My Feedback: (14)

ORIGINAL: RC Extreme power

Could be drop shipping from china

Milton

-

That's precisely what I was thinking. The order taker is in the UK, but the provider is in China. That is the trend these days.

At least you can understand the order takers version of English, not that my Chinese (which is non existent) is as good.

Ed Cregger
Old 12-24-2008, 05:59 AM
My Feedback: (133)

when are we going to learn? we let ourselves get sucked into bad deals in the quest for cheap. we take that chance we sometimes get burnt. support the good honest guys and burnt the bad ones. bill at taurus engs. gave up, we didn't support him and his comp. guys like him and some others too are gone. yah, they weren't the cheapest but they wew among the best eng. r&d men out there. old school sort of folks stood 1000% behind their engs and work!!!!! read the threads here in rcu i have and i feel we have lost some really great men. now we're left to deal we people, some here, some overseas, who could care less about the buyer. come on now and let's ralley around those who give good service and good products so they too won't give up!!!! gotta go now. remember this ya get what ya pay for!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-24-2008, 11:05 AM

I've always wanted a DA50, but my interest in that size and type of model was not as strong as it was for other sizes and types of models, hence, no Desert Aircraft engines in my stable. Along comes the DL50 at half the price and with a good reputation. Now I have a 50cc gas engine in my stable. Could I have afforded to buy the DA50? Yes, but it would have been at the exclusion of other models that I enjoy much more. Price does matter for people such as myself.

I'm not a giant model evangelist. That's not all I do. In fact, I would never be that enthusiastic about giant scale. Some folks are diehards and they eat, sleep and breathe 3D gassers. Those are the folks that Desert Aircraft and others depend upon for their livelihood. Not me, or fellows like me. I'll be lucky if I ever put a couple of hundred flights on any gasser, so why would I want to have all of my hobby capital tied up in one engine? I wouldn't.

I've been forced to jump from job to job all of my life, in spite of being educated in several different fields of work. Why should the folks at any company be any different or better than I? Sorry to see them go, but there is always something else to do to make a buck. I am not brand loyal. No one has ever been loyal to me. I wish our ex engine fellows the very best in life. The ones that I dealt with treated me very well. But sometimes, that isn't enough to stay in business.

If we really want to see manufacturing thrive again in this country, have our congress critters resurrect the tariffs against imports. We should tax Chinese goods beginning at 30%, which is how much they tax our goods when imported into their country. And that is just the beginning. Yes, our standard of living will drop, but at least you'll have a job to go to. Otherwise, quit complaining and buy more Chinese stuff on the credit cards. <G>

Ed Cregger
Old 12-25-2008, 12:24 PM

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Wow Ed, that was some mouthful, but all truths especially for those of us not having the benefit of unlimited hobby funds.

Here's wishing you and yours a pleasant and joyous Christmas holidays.

Karol
Old 12-25-2008, 02:17 PM

ORIGINAL: karolh

Wow Ed, that was some mouthful, but all truths especially for those of us not having the benefit of unlimited hobby funds.

Here's wishing you and yours a pleasant and joyous Christmas holidays.

Karol

Merry Christmas to you and yours Karol.

Don't mind me. I've been trying to come down with a cold for a week or so and it finally dug its claws in yesterday. Now I can work on the recovery phase instead of just feeling really bad with aches and pains. It's a very nice Christmas present from the Creator of all (moving toward recovery).

I would have loved to have seen Keith Baker of BME, Scott Ellingson of Brillelli and the fellow that owned/ran BCMA all stay in business. They were very, very nice to deal with and they put out quality products.

However, I have been in the same position myself. Do you stick it out and barely get by? Or do you recognize that things will never expand into the business that you wanted to support your family in grand style. Like I said, I've been there numerous times. It is very difficult to find a niche in our economy that lasts any reasonable length of time.

Ed Cregger

Old 12-26-2008, 12:08 PM
My Feedback: (13)

in reply to fujiman:
Let me to chime in.
Are you sure that Taurus is gone?
I bought an engine from them about month ago.

To Mike:
Did you get an engine?

Happy flying to all.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Ed Cregger

If we really want to see manufacturing thrive again in this country, have our congress critters resurrect the tariffs against imports. We should tax Chinese goods beginning at 30%, which is how much they tax our goods when imported into their country. And that is just the beginning. Yes, our standard of living will drop, but at least you'll have a job to go to. Otherwise, quit complaining and buy more Chinese stuff on the credit cards. <G>

Ed Cregger
One point you missed is that the Chinese should also meet safety standards and have a standard warranty too,

Words removed by moderator!

Old 12-26-2008, 05:44 PM

No argument from me.

Ed Cregger
Old 12-26-2008, 10:51 PM
My Feedback: (42)

If not for the Chinese, a lot of people won't be flying rc today. There won't be any ARFs in the market, gas engines would still have sky high sticker prices, electric motors and escs would cost the earth and there won't be cost effective radios like the Spektrum DX5 in the market for newbies.A "cruddy" DL50 costs $300/- over here compared with $600 for a DA50.An outrunner/esc combo costs $15/- compared to $100 for a western model. A model kit used to cost much more than what you pay for an ARF today.

In any business, theres got to be supply and demand.There's obviously a lot of demand for cost effective products, some of them obviously copied shamelessly but I don't see any concerted effort to boycott those stuff. Look at the gas engine forum page, most stuff discussed is around chinese made engines.

As to products that don't function the way its supposed to, theres also obviously more modellers with success than failures for the product to survive e.g SV,SPE,CRRC.I know a lot of stuff from China that don't function they way they're supposed to but for the price you're paying you can't expect a ferrari.I remember back in the sixties, japanese made automobiles were looked down as substandard, well look at where they are today.
I see chinese products going the way of Japanese products, give them time and they'll get to where the japanese are today.Thats when prices won't be low any more.
I think the question we should ask ourselves is- how come with the supposedly headstart that rc companies have in the US and Europe, how did these companies fail with the onslaught of products from the east? Whats happened to Orbit,Kraft, Silvertone, Radio Pilot, RCS, Veco, Merco, Taipan, Schuco, Telecont? The cost of manufacturing in Japan is not exactly cheap either but they control the radio and engine market and now faced with the same scenario, they've managed to hold back the cheaper products and stay competitive.

Word removed by moderator!
Old 12-26-2008, 11:20 PM

ORIGINAL: togatoga

If not for the Chinese, a lot of people won't be flying rc today. There won't be any ARFs in the market, gas engines would still have sky high sticker prices, electric motors and escs would cost the earth and there won't be cost sffective radios like the spektrum DX5 in the market for newbies.A "cruddy" DL50 costs $300/- over here compared with $600 for a DA50.An outrunner/esc combo costs $15/- compared to $100 for a western model. A model kit used to cost much more than what you pay for an ARF today.

In any business, theres got to be supply and demand.There's obviously a lot of demand for cost effective products, some of them obviously copied shamelessly but I don't see any concerted effort to boycott those stuff. Look at the gas engine forum page, most stuff discussed is around chinese made engines.

As to products that don't function the way its supposed to, theres also obviously more modelers with success than failures for the product to survive e.g SV,SPE,CRRC.I know a lot of stuff from China that don't function they way they're supposed to but for the price you're paying you can't expect a ferrari.I remember back in the sixties, Japanese made automobiles were looked down as substandard, well look at where they are today.
I see Chinese products going the way of Japanese products, give them time and they'll get to where the Japanese are today.Thats when prices won't be low any more.
I think the question we should ask ourselves is- how come with the supposedly headstart that rc companies have in the US and Europe, how did these companies fail with the onslaught of products from the east? Whats happened to Orbit, Kraft, Silvertone, Radio Pilot, RCS, Veco, Merco, Taipan, Schuco, Telecont? The cost of manufacturing in Japan is not exactly cheap either but they control the radio and engine market and now faced with the same scenario, they've managed to hold back the cheaper products and stay competitive.
There is a lot of cheap so called park flyers that should not be allowed on the market today, They are barely controllable at best, and it wont be long before some innocent will be clobbered by one, and take the matter through court.
Most of those cheap motors arent fit to be called RC motors, quality is non existent. I know you are not buying a ferrari, but geee, you'd expect better than 20 minutes running before they self destruct
the Chinese ARFs, some are good, some are total crud. I got my lady a trainer and it made like a butterfly on its maiden, on the 2nd circuit of the field, both wings just folded up where the joiner ended. There was very little in the way of spars in the wing at all, and this is on a trainer???? It wasnt the cheapest either [&:]
As for all those cheap servos, Not worth a pinch of doggydo, I have a boxfull of Towerpro servo's all sizes, and not one of them works properly, and have been the cause of several crashes.

Just look at how many recalls world wide the Chinese products have had.
The only way that Chinese will ever improve is through heavy regulating from our respective governments

Words removed by the moderator

Old 12-26-2008, 11:39 PM

If you feel so strongly about cruddy products, then I think you need to address this issue to the rest of the satisfied users of Chinese made products who in your opinion are misinformed to buy substandard products. If they pose a danger to the end user as what you claim, then I don't see any problems at all in you being able to sue the socks off the distributors for every penny they have.I don't see any letup in their demand at all.
I don't totally disagree with you that some of their products are substandard, but you should know very well that they didn't put a gun to everyone's head to buy their product, there has got to be a demand for the Chinese made products substandard or otherwise. Unfortunately we buy and we learn or learn from others mistake if we can.

Old 12-27-2008, 03:51 AM

Oddly enough, I wasn't thinking of model engines or ARFs at all. I'm not anti Chinese. I am against unfairness in the market place. This will turn political very quickly, so I'm just going to stop my contribution here and now. This is not what RCU is about. I only commented this time to let the Chinese readers know that I do not "hate" them in the slightest and I am truly glad at their success. I just wish it wasn't at the expense of American jobs, but we have our politicians to thank for that.

Ed Cregger

Old 12-27-2008, 05:18 AM

Ed,I don't think what you said was offensive.It was fair comment.

Old 12-27-2008, 05:26 AM
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey guys, I've been trying to clean the bad words out of this thread this morning and you keep using the quotes. It makes my job a lot harder.

I have tried to leave the intent in every post and have not deleted a post so everyone got their say.
Old 12-27-2008, 05:32 AM

Well, I see that the offending words have been removed by the moderator.They say you can tell a person's deep inclinations and prejudices by his words and he has proven it to all who have read the original words.
WY8E the words were not only bad but also racist in nature.

Name removed by moderator!
Old 12-27-2008, 05:56 AM

Yes, I realize that and that is why I'm here. Otherwise the thread would have been left alone.

Thanks for your concern and under standing

I hope this sends out a message to others when discussing a growing problem to watch how you express yourself.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:42 AM

I am not against the hinese people, just the chinese businessman who rip off western businesses and then proceed to send substandard crud world wide using ripped off designs etc, and the respective governments that are too busy sucking up to the chinese to realise they are selling thier own people down the sewer
I am aware some chinese products are ok, but there is a lot that isnt, not just in rc either Thats my gripe all in a nutshell
Old 12-27-2008, 10:28 AM

I've been building model airplanes about 56 years. There's been a lot of sub standard model airplanes/systems brought to the market in the USA and Europe in that time also. And as you know the bad ones didn't stay around very long.

Some of what everyone's complaining of here is actually a progression of a free market economy. All the inferior products will fall by the wayside eventually as Togatoga has said. Also the syndrome of production following cheap labor has been going on ever since the dawn of the industrial age. Human greed is a factor that makes the inferior products linger and human ingenuity creates new ones continually. The true value goods will remain and the poor values will just fade away.

There is already a search by many entrepreneurs to find labor even cheaper now that government regulations and labor supply and demand have started to catch up in China also. Twenty years from now this same discussion will be repeated about some as yet undetermined country.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:38 AM

ORIGINAL: w8ye

I've been building model airplanes about 56 years. There's been a lot of sub standard model airplanes/systems brought to the market in the USA and Europe in that time also. And as you know the bad ones didn't stay around very long.

Some of what everyone's complaining of here is actually a progression of a free market economy. All the inferior products will fall by the wayside eventually as Togatoga has said. Also the syndrome of production following cheap labor has been going on ever since the dawn of the industrial age. Human greed is a factor that makes the inferior products linger and human ingenuity creates new ones continually. The true value goods will remain and the poor values will just fade away.

There is already a search by many entrepreneurs to find labor even cheaper now that government regulations and labor supply and demand have started to catch up in China also. Twenty years from now this same discussion will be repeated about some as yet undetermined country.

Probably Bangladesh.

Ed Cregger

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.