Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

CRRC50 Spark Plug

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 08:14 AM
Lemjim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CRRC50 Spark Plug

What plug should I purchase for this engine?. Also proper gap?.

Jim
Old 10-09-2008, 12:17 PM
Ratchet
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: CRRC50 Spark Plug

I assume you mean the GF50i engine from CRRC Pro ... if so, then get yourself an NGK BPMR6F and set the gap to 0.020

=R=
Old 10-09-2008, 05:17 PM
Lemjim

Thanks for the info.

Jim
Old 10-10-2008, 06:09 AM
jimcork1
My Feedback: (4)

I have not bee able to get my 50 started. It will pop when choked then choke open to start. It will start and run about 2 seconds then die. Has to be choked again to repeat the procedure and it will repeat.

Fuel is at the carb and will drain out of the inlet if I choke it too long. I have tried using a megatron starter and the engine will spin over but not start. I am thinking the ignition system is dropping out. I have been using a 4.8 NIMH 2000 ma battery pack. I am planning to switch to a 6 V pack. What are you using and do you have any starting issues. Jim
Old 10-11-2008, 06:38 PM
Ratchet

Hi Jim,

To me, it sounds like your throttle plate isn't open enough to start the engine. Do you still have the idle adjusting screw in the carb? Crank it down a bit and see if the butterfly is opening a bit. Also, check to ensure you have the needles set properly, 1 3/4 for the low speed needle, and 1 1/2 for the high.

DO NOT USE A 6 volt battery pack for the ignition, you will damage it. Stick to a 4.8 volt pack only.

Good luck ...

=R=
Old 10-12-2008, 05:40 AM
jimcork1

ORIGINAL: Ratchet

Hi Jim,

To me, it sounds like your throttle plate isn't open enough to start the engine. Do you still have the idle adjusting screw in the carb? Crank it down a bit and see if the butterfly is opening a bit. Also, check to ensure you have the needles set properly, 1 3/4 for the low speed needle, and 1 1/2 for the high.

DO NOT USE A 6 volt battery pack for the ignition, you will damage it. Stick to a 4.8 volt pack only.

Good luck ...

=R=
The idle screw is still in but backed out to not affect the throttle.

The needles are set and confirmed at 1 1/2 open. I tried 1 3/4 on the low and it made no difference.

I have also tried cranking with throttle at idle,, 2 clicks off idle and 1/3 throttle. I have confirmed the throttle will open at these settings.

I have also choked with my thumb to insure it was drawing fuel and it is.

I checked with supplier of engine and they have confirmed the Ignition is ok with 6 V.

The engine is also kicking back on my hand at times when cranking. Does yours do this.

The supplier is thinking the ignition pick up on the engine is malfunctioning. I just don't know. I really don't think it is fuel delivery as I have pulled the plug and seen it wet, and with my thumb over the carb I can draw fuel until it drips out of the intake.

What do you use for an on/off switch. I am using a flight pack on/off switch. Today I plan to try cranking with battery direct connect to the ignition. Jim

Old 10-15-2008, 09:23 AM
Lemjim

ORIGINAL: Ratchet

I assume you mean the GF50i engine from CRRC Pro ... if so, then get yourself an NGK BPMR6F and set the gap to 0.020

=R=
Went to the parts store and they had to special order me a couple, the R through them off course. Pick them up today.

Thanks again, JL
Old 12-13-2008, 01:39 PM
LANNYBOB

what plug should i tell them i need. should i omit the "R" and tell them bpm6f.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:53 PM
jedijody

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Lemjim

What plug should I purchase for this engine?. Also proper gap?.

Jim
The Champion plug # is RDJ7J, whether you use NGK or Champion make sure you use the resistor plug, with the R in the number.

Jody
Old 12-13-2008, 01:57 PM
jedijody

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: jimcork1

I have not bee able to get my 50 started. It will pop when choked then choke open to start. It will start and run about 2 seconds then die. Has to be choked again to repeat the procedure and it will repeat.

Fuel is at the carb and will drain out of the inlet if I choke it too long. I have tried using a megatron starter and the engine will spin over but not start. I am thinking the ignition system is dropping out. I have been using a 4.8 NIMH 2000 ma battery pack. I am planning to switch to a 6 V pack. What are you using and do you have any starting issues. Jim
Jim, the problem is most likely your ignition module, I have seen this symptom several times and the module was always the problem.

Jody
Old 12-13-2008, 03:57 PM
jimcork1

ORIGINAL: jedijody

ORIGINAL: jimcork1

Jim, the problem is most likely your ignition module, I have seen this symptom several times and the module was always the problem.

Jody
You are correct. I returned the module under warranty and it has been running great since the new module installed.

The engine has met all expectations with the new module.

I am flying a 17# Big Hots I call the Phoenix due to rising from the water of Katrina. (the parts were cut to build the hots and in a box on the floor. The house flooded,, the box floated wet all the parts and they all molded. I sanded cloroxed some, and made some new parts, the plans were totally ruined but enough there to get a idea on how to build the bird.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om34314.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	1089012   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id96185.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	1089013   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo30468.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	106.2 KB