Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Fox 3.2 weight???

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 02:59 AM
RCLIVIN
My Feedback: (46)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fox 3.2 weight???

Does anyone know the weight of the fox 3.2. I went to the fox site & couldn't find any spec's on the engine. Also wondering if this would be a good choice for a hanger 9 edge??

Gil
Old 05-28-2003, 10:50 AM
ritchie_rich
My Feedback: (1)

Default fox 3.2

The engine weighs 3 1/2 lbs. I have one on a Midwest Cap 232 80 in. wingspan. I have a Bambula 22x8 on it and it is pulling 23lbs. of thrust on a 16 1/2 lb. airplane.
You can go to Fox's main page and scroll down to the bottom left corner where it says WOW and click it and all the specs. are there for there engines.
Old 06-02-2003, 03:36 PM
AMA-69405
My Feedback: (22)

RCIS,

Everytime I see gasoline engine weight specs, I get this nervous twitch... this can be, depending on the manufacturer, old-fashioned "buyer beware" advertising at it's very worst.

Yes, the Fox 3.2 probably weighs 3 1/2 pounds, or 54 ounces. What they don't tell you is this weight is without muffler, without ignition system, without ignition system battery, and probably without the spark plug. I have not weighed a completed Fox, but I have an FPE 3.2, which is very similar in design to it. In fact, I believe it uses the same cylinder assembly. The case and prop hub area are also very similar, so I can't believe the Fox weighs significantly less than the FPE. The installed weight of the FPE is between 70 and 71 ounces, including all that stuff that you cannot fly without... muffler, ignition, battery, and plug.

And oh yeah... if you venture off into other brands in this cc range (BME comes to mind), remember that some gassers require a mount, and the advertised weight will invariably NOT include same. Bottom line... be very careful when comparing engine weights.

Gary
Old 06-03-2003, 06:09 AM
Cajuncharley
My Feedback: (2)

Default Fox 3.2 weight

Donnie D. in your club has one, and I am supposed to see him tomorrow. I will ask him but I don't know if he will know (or remember). His club (ARCC) is inviting our club over for an informal Fly-In this Saturday. Hoe to see you there.
Cajuncharley
Old 06-03-2003, 06:13 AM
RCLIVIN
My Feedback: (46)

Hey Charlie:
I will try to be there, I am putting the fox in a hanger 9 edge, hope to have it flying real soon, are you going to bring that big extra??? I'd really like to see it!! Oh, I found out the fox weights in @ 3 1/2 lbs without the muffler, should be ok.
Gil