Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Samba pipe on FG Marder?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 02:07 PM
mvelia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Samba pipe on FG Marder?

I ordered a Marder from Holland and should get it in about 8 days. I have decided a Samba is a worthy upgrade for two reasons; sound and power! Has anyone any comments on the pros and cons of the Samba? Does it fit perfect? (with or w/o body) Does it complicate maintainence, like getting to places for adjustments, etc.? Does the generated heat make problems w/fuel lines, engine, handling(as in burnt skin). I see many tuned pipes use heat shields so engine does not run hotter than before. Good or bad idea? How much does Samba weigh?

I see Traxxas sells a tuned aluminum pipe for their Monster Buggy. Any experience w/this pipe? Lighter than Samba? Will it fit Marder w/modification?

Sorry for all the questions, but this pipe will cost about $200 from Holland and I don"t want to comprise the design of stock car by making any problems whatsoever. I'm a disabled person in a wheelchair and any increase in operation problems will result in less enjoyment and use of the buggy. Thanks for you help in advance.

Mike in OR