Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Moki 2.1 or Gas

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2003, 06:46 PM
jimstro
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moki 2.1 or Gas

I need some info guys. I have a Pica 1/5 scale Mustang, about 22 to 25lbs.
A friend recommended a Moki 2.1 glow. I'm thinking about a gas engine. What's the pros and cons?
Old 06-08-2003, 07:41 PM
flyinrazrback
My Feedback: (69)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moki 2.1 or Gas

Pros for gas: cheaper fuel, longer flights, less maintenance, more reliable. Cons: maybe a little heavier, but thats all. Go gas, something comparable to a moki 2.1 would be a gasser in the 40cc range, ie zdz 40/50, bme 44/50, da 50 etc.
Old 06-08-2003, 10:10 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default moki vs gas

I've run Moki's in the past, a 1.8 and a 2.1, they are awesome peformers and have other advantages,ie most power /weight, much lower vibration than gas engines, very compact ( ideal for a scale airplane but, the cost of fuel wil get u if u fly alot, also the mess from the glow goo is aweful.

the 40cc gas engines r not as powerful as the Moki, the 52cc's are slightly more powerful , weigh more but r cheap to run. I have a Taurus 52 and really like it,but, the carb would hang out the side of your P-51 and the pitts muffler would probable hang out of the cowl somewhere to.

I'd go with one of the rear intake gassers ie zdz, da50 to keep the carb inside.

Mike