Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Super Tech Universal 2 cycle oil for air cooled same as Pennzoil air cooled???

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Super Tech Universal 2 cycle oil for air cooled same as Pennzoil air cooled???

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 03:49 PM
flatspinjim
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Super Tech Universal 2 cycle oil for air cooled same as Pennzoil air cooled???

You should be able to find the Penzoil at Advance Auto and I found the Sthil Ultra at a Carquest Auto parts that is also a Sthil dealer.
If you run the Penz, you know it's Penz!
Old 02-17-2009, 07:28 PM
ChopperMike

Default RE: Super Tech Universal 2 cycle oil for air cooled same as Pennzoil air cooled???

I checked all the auto parts stores in town including Carquest and Advance Auto, neither had anything but non-rated off-brand stuff or name brand outboard oil. I have however been informed that I can order Pennzoil from Aircraft Spruce so that's probably what I'll do.

Mike
Old 02-17-2009, 07:46 PM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

Yeah, here's a little more info from my website.... http://www.rcaerobats.net/GAS_ENGINE_INFO/oil_page.htm
Old 02-17-2009, 08:07 PM
rc bugman
My Feedback: (30)

Bob,

I recently purchased pennzoil "outdoor" 2 stroke oil and the label says it is only for air cooled engines. The back has the proper ratings and it was not for outboards or tw-3 oil. The key is to read the back label.

Elson
Old 02-17-2009, 08:14 PM
Bob Pastorello

ELson - you're correct - my pics and info are from just about the same time Pennzoil changed the terminology.
I think the "genuine" Air Cooled still has that on the label, or maybe there's just old stock still floating around.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:41 PM
SportFlyer3

When I managed to find the Pennzoil air cooled at an Advanced Auto, about 65 miles on the other side of creation, they had both old and new stock. I bought three bottles of the new stock and it does say "Outdoor for small engines" and on the bottom right has "AIR-COOLED" engine oil. The old stock looked just like the air cooled in the pic above. Also the new stock if you look closely on the back says "Distributed by SOPUS PRODUCTS", the old stock had "PENNZOIL PRODUCTS COMPANY" like in the pics on the linked page above...
Old 02-17-2009, 10:44 PM
FLPilot
My Feedback: (23)

SOPUS................

On On October 1, 2002, the acquisition of Pennzoil-Quaker State Company by Shell Oil Company, an affiliate of the Royal Dutch/Shell Group of Companies, was completed. In May of 2003, Pennzoil-Quaker State Company began doing business as SOPUS Products. Combining Shell lubricant's networks and infrastructure and Pennzoil-Quaker State Company's leading motor oil brands, portfolio of car care brands and Jiffy Lube stores, the new company is a leader in the U.S. lubricants and car care business.

Just trying to be helpful !!!!!!!!!! But, enough of that !
Old 02-17-2009, 10:47 PM
SportFlyer3

ORIGINAL: FLPilot

SOFUS................

On On October 1, 2002, the acquisition of Pennzoil-Quaker State Company by Shell Oil Company, an affiliate of the Royal Dutch/Shell Group of Companies, was completed. In May of 2003, Pennzoil-Quaker State Company began doing business as SOPUS Products. Combining Shell lubricant's networks and infrastructure and Pennzoil-Quaker State Company's leading motor oil brands, portfolio of car care brands and Jiffy Lube stores, the new company is a leader in the U.S. lubricants and car care business.

It's SOPUS!!! LOL!!!

And yes check for the link in the original 1st post on page one...
Old 02-17-2009, 10:57 PM
RTK
My Feedback: (1)

Isn't that a Portuguese dish
Old 02-18-2009, 02:02 AM
kenhiraihnl

sportflyer, sounds like you found and bought an adequate supply of pennzoil aircooled...no need to try super tech from wally world, huh?...i'm in the same boat...here's a pic of my on-hand supply of 2 cycle oil...ken

ORIGINAL: SportFlyer3

SOFUS................

It's SOPUS!!! LOL!!!

And yes check for the link in the original 1st post on page one...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99854.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	1138733  
Old 02-18-2009, 09:21 AM
frieshoo
My Feedback: (20)

You can get a case of Pennzoil 2 stroke air cooled delivered to your door for $39.60. That's $1.65 a bottle. 24 bottles should last a while.

http://oilstore.stores.yahoo.net/pe2cyforairc.html
Old 02-18-2009, 01:06 PM
SportFlyer3

Isn't there a fee to ship oil. That's the reason I never order fuel or oil over the net.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:38 PM
frieshoo
My Feedback: (20)

I was charged 27.60 for the oil, and 12.00 shipping via UPS. That was how the charges were listed on the bill of sale.

Note: I order my oil last year, so the laws might have changed.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:51 PM
brewski

I don't think there is a hazmat fee on oil. Only on Nitro and maybe methanol.

The hazmat fee is $20 I think and it is one time per order so if you are ordering fuel make it count with several gallons.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:22 PM
SportFlyer3

Ok I might have to just do that then thanks!!!
Old 02-18-2009, 04:23 PM
Bob Pastorello

There wasn't a hazmat on my order in Feb 2008....oil isn't included, I don't think.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:32 PM
Twin Star

I don't mean to open an old wound but. I found this and thought it would provide some usefull info. It looks like the Penz Multi-use would be nearly as good as the "air-cooled" oil and I have seen the Penz multi-use oil at Home Depot stores.
http://www.ultralightnews.com/features/oiltest.htm
Old 04-12-2010, 08:27 AM
ec121
My Feedback: (2)

Only time I had any black gunk on the plane was when the timing was so far out the engine would run right. I set the timing and the gunk went away. Just a few of the normal black specks after that.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:23 PM
wesaysoracing

bottom line is, it's your engine use what you want to in it
Old 04-13-2010, 01:22 PM
RTK

SOPUS................

Just trying to be helpful !!!!!!!!!! But, enough of that !
Pennzoil air cooled is no longer being manufactured. I called shell oil and asked them that specific question. There answer was that they are coming out with a better oil that meets all the requirements of Pennzoil air cooled for the Rotax and other air cooled engines. If I remember correctly they said shell aero sport II...................
Old 04-13-2010, 02:18 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Here's the new oil that has been out for about a year now

http://www.pennzoil.com/#/engine-oil...ium-engine-oil
Old 04-13-2010, 08:26 PM
Twin Star

Hers the link:
http://www.shell.us/home/content/usa...on_012010.html
Old 04-13-2010, 08:32 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

AeroShell Oil Sport PLUS 2

So which one are we supposed to use in our models? I'd hate to be paying $4 for a 1/2 pint of the Aero Shell just because it said airplane on it?

In case some of you do not know - Shell oil company owns the Pennzoil name. So there is an inter-relationship here

Old 04-13-2010, 08:44 PM
RTK

The new shell oil is specifically designed for Rotax (air/water) and other air cooled engines. It is not meant to be used as a general all purpose oil, at least that is how I understood it.

Any good quality oil will work more than adequately for our purposes.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:25 AM
Kweasel
My Feedback: (29)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All Rotax twostrokes require an aircooled spec oil, even their watercraft engines. It will be interesting to see how Aeroshell compares to similarly priced lubricants.