Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Prop jigs for 3W/ZDZ...interchangable?

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Prop jigs for 3W/ZDZ...interchangable?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2003, 01:06 PM
dod2005
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prop jigs for 3W/ZDZ...interchangable?

Hello everyone,

I just have one quick question. Well, maybe two questions. I am thinking about ordering the ZDZ 40 sport kit for a H9 80" Cap and was wondering if I need to order a prop jig for this motor. I have a 3W75 and the jig for it, was wondering if they are interchangable or are they brand specific? Anyone flying this combo....thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
George
Old 06-14-2003, 08:19 PM
fryfly
My Feedback: (8)

the drill jig is exactly the same bolt pattern but there is one drawback using the 3W drill jig, the 3W is larger diameter than the ZDZ! If using the 3W use the holes for just marking---1/16 th deep. Pull your jig then use the marks and the smaller drill to then drill out completely/all the way through.
have already done the same trick for ZDZ and RCS gas motors, it takes and extra 5 minutes this way but it's cheaper than a new drill jig, and it works just fine.
Old 06-14-2003, 10:31 PM
Diablo-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Or retap the ZDZ hub for 5mm bolts. Then swap props with your buddies who fly DA or 3W.