Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Power rating of Zenoah 26cc Electronic Ignition.

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Power rating of Zenoah 26cc Electronic Ignition.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 01:21 AM
lechuza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power rating of Zenoah 26cc Electronic Ignition.

Hello, can someone tell the power rating(Horse power) of the Zenoah 26cc Electronic Ignition gasoline engine(ZENE26AEI).There is no such information on the engine manual or in the Zenoah web site, so makes curious about why that power rating is not mention.

Thanks, Isaias G.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:36 AM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Power rating of Zenoah 26cc Electronic Ignition.

From the owner's manual 1.62 Kw/12000 rim
Old 04-01-2009, 06:24 AM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lechuza,

The HP rating doesn't really mean a whole lot. All depends on the prop, tunning, and the thrust produced by the brand of prop your using. I've had quite a few gassers in the 26cc size and the G26 seem to be the best of all. Now don't get me wrong, all the others I had ran fine but the Zenoah just seem to put out more rpm running the same 17X6 prop (9700 rpm) and easier to start. I also get mine from Ralph Cunningham at RC Ignitions. The SPE engines and the Brillelli enignes I had would only get around 8400 rpm on the 17X6 prop. I hear the RCGF and the CRRC brands are pretty strong as well.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:23 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Antique,

Are your forcing the guy to look up the relationship of watts to H/P? In any case, if correct that's a pretty strong little engine. It beats out a certain 28cc engine if accurate.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:34 AM
flygilmore

The G-26 is a VERY STOUT engine-especially when equipped with a more free flowing muffler/pipe. You hear alot of people say that they can't start the mag. version by hand-BULL.... it will do so very easy if you know what you are doing and position the prop correctly. I love my stock mag. G-26: it tunes easily and has run 100% perfect from the first start on!
Old 04-02-2009, 08:06 AM
AA5BY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the certain 28 is an MLD, then I think the comparison story is yet to be told. I wish for a crystal ball but lacking it have ordered an MLD and will become one of the story tellers either good or bad. In the near corner, we've got the defender, a rock solid heavy weighter and in far corner the lighter challenger. Put yer bets down... just remember that the performance equation has both power and weight as variables.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:17 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's not MLD, but an industry standard.

You forgot long term reliability and torque in the performance equation. Those are very important factors, especially when contemplating driving something a little more valuable than a lightly built and loaded model. Zenoah and a few oithers already have the reliability and torque subjects nailed.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:14 PM
AA5BY

T O M, true on all counts. I've got two G-20s and a G-23 in the hanger. There are times however that we "shoot the moon" referring to cards or dominoes and play a hand that looks to be a possibility. The MLD 28 is 18 oz lighter than the G-26 and has been claimed to perform its best with an 18x6 prop. And... the ignition is not nearly as power hungry as the G-26.

As I said, who knows if the story ahead comes out to be good or bad.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:53 PM
rcdude7
My Feedback: (264)

ORIGINAL: Tired Old Man

It's not MLD, but an industry standard.

You forgot long term reliability and torque in the performance equation. Those are very important factors, especially when contemplating driving something a little more valuable than a lightly built and loaded model. Zenoah and a few oithers already have the reliability and torque subjects nailed.

Stronger than a 3W-28?
Old 04-02-2009, 09:06 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

We all will be eagerly waitng your story.

Karol
Old 04-02-2009, 10:48 PM
AA5BY

Hey Karol,

The Yak fever bit and I ordered a 69" Yak from Nitro Models that I'd planned to put one of my G-20s in. When it came, it was a 73" version and reports are that it doesn't build 9-10 lbs as the 69" version but rather between 11-12. It's a good looking model with tight covering and was obtained for a good price so I kept it. Reports are that to fly well it needs more than a G-20.

Yes, I'll offer a report of the outcome though I've a couple of other projects on the burner first. My USL is rebuilt and the covering came yesterday so that is my priority project. I'm anxious to have it back flying as it was the favorite plane in the hanger. Both the engine and flight pack for the Yak are on back order so it will be a while.

What are you currently flying?
Old 04-03-2009, 03:00 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Unlike you I am still toying with getting a 69" span Seagull Yak 54 but just as I was about to take the plunge they changed the colour scheme and unfortunately I much prefer the old one, but I think that I'm just about over that now. Good to hear that your USL will be up and flying again soon, as I did follow your repair progress with interest. Hope you cut the offending tree down

I'm still flying my G20/GP Big Stick 60 and enjoying every moment of it as it's my favourite knock about model, but when it's a more serious flying day I carry my EI G23/Goldberg Extra. I got Ralph to do his magic on my G23 mainly to lighten it up and I could not be more pleased with the end result weighing 42 ozs. incl. alum. mount, ignition and an after market Abell muffler.

Karol