Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 09:31 PM
PacificNWSkyPilot
My Feedback: (19)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA

This has been fun, but I'm tempted to say something I mean and do some straight shooting, so that's my cue to exit stage left before the Mods come in stage right. I'll leave with a reference to my observation that some people have no intention of being happy, so it's not worth the time and effort to try. After a point, the misery starts to get that company they so love..

Todd, I love my SAP 180s. You rock, just like them.

Ciao, guys. Off to do something constructive. Besides, my editor is bugging me for those rewrites.

[8D]
Old 11-29-2011, 11:51 PM
davidgeorge212

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont know why you keep inferring that your the only one who has patients and everyone else who has not recieved their products they have paid for, and have waited reasonable amounts of time after being told they were going to be shiped, are a bunch of whiners. You have already told us that your best buds with Todd the engine maker which is most likely the reason you have always gotten great service from him. I on the other hand dont know him that well (wish I did). Ill be the first to tell you, I know custom work takes time to create. And, I would be all for that argument if I was still waiting on the acutal motor itself to arrive. That's not the case, I got the engine fairly quickly after I bought it. As far as what im still waiting on goes, its just a matter of how long it takes them to put it in a box and get it in the mail. I understand completely mistakes are made and I had no problem whatsoever with that happening. They said it was going to get done the next day which would have been about November 9, but, it did not get put in the mail until yesterday. I understand they are probably really busy with sales and they are recovering from the snow storm they had, but, when they tell you they are going to do something on a certain day and dont get to it for another 3 weeks, I think they might have a lag in the system somewhere.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:17 AM
PlaneKrazee
My Feedback: (14)

The same ignition is for sale at wrong way rc for under $50.00 shipped, in case someone needs one.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:13 AM
RichAur
My Feedback: (1)

I gotta love this thread. Months since I have been here but its the same issues raised with the same dominant people answering with the same rhetoric.

My opinion of the good
The best/smoothest running engine I own and I have owned all the brands cheap and expensive. Starts without fail every-time! every-time! Middle of the weight range middle of the power range for this sized engine. Reasonable price for great quality.

My opinion of the bad
The customer service requires fixing (end of argument). I don't call myself "tight with money" but when I purchase a product I expected it within the promised time frame - if there is a wait I will make the call to purchased based on what I am told. If there is a delay - let me know - I'm reasonable and empathetic if informed.

What does jack me and I loose empathy for any excuse - is paying up, expecting the product to turn up within the promised time frame - giving a couple of more weeks as it was an international order (postal delays maybe???) then trying to make contact with no response. When contact is made I am fairly certain it was due to the fact that it was finally in a position to send it. 2 and half months I waited with about six weeks of that in the dark - not a word but my bank account debited - not right! If you accept my money I like a certain quality of service - my quality of service is what I expect, others may differ but don't expect me to be content with what you think is quality service (end of argument).

I say whine and gripe - it works to get a response or change in most cases. The usual suspects will now come to defend with "be patient its worth the wait" "I'll be waiting to take that engine" and the likes, but as you may tell I still have a bad taste in my mouth despite the fact it is a great little engine and worth the wait - just not the pain of not knowing whats going on with your purchase.

Great product but sort out delivery logistics and paid customer updates.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:32 AM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: PlaneKrazee

The same ignition is for sale at wrong way rc for under $50.00 shipped, in case someone needs one.
Good to know this; for what it's worth to you guys, I've run the SAP CDI on the SAP, DLE, BME and OS engines. I've run the DLE CDI on DLE, SAP, Mintor and OS engines. I've run the OS CDI on the OS, DLE and Mintor engines

Point is that the CDI units being offered right now do not appear to have any magic dust (software) in them specific to one engine or another. OS might argue against that of course since they put some goofy software in theirs that prevents firing unless the prop is turning 100 rpm....nonsense in the guise of "safety".

The current multitude of CDIs will work with a multitude of engines. No need to fret the simple stuff
Old 11-30-2011, 10:30 AM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Man some of you guys are painting a bad picture just when I'm in the market for a good 30cc gasser. If I decide to go with the Syssa I'll call to make sure they are in stock before I order one. If not I'll wait for a bit and if they don't come in I guess I can move on to some other engine.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:56 AM
JohnB96041

ORIGINAL: Zippi

Man some of you guys are painting a bad picture just when I'm in the market for a good 30cc gasser. If I decide to go with the Syssa I'll call to make sure they are in stock before I order one. If not I'll wait for a bit and if they don't come in I guess I can move on to some other engine.
Zippi: Order you engine. It is worth every bit and is a great engine. Not all the posts are painting a bad picture. Consider the source of some of the comments. Todd has a great AMERICAN company and gives great service.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:15 PM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: JohnB96041

ORIGINAL: Zippi

Zippi: Order you engine. It is worth every bit and is a great engine. Not all the posts are painting a bad picture. Consider the source of some of the comments. Todd has a great AMERICAN company and gives great service.
I can't agree more! I can't wait to buy a larger twin... I've got planes waiting...
Old 11-30-2011, 01:41 PM
Joystick TX

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

50% - If Todd ever gets caught up, you may be able to get one of the 60cc's he's working on.

I love the idea of a 60cc twin, but I don't like the idea of a bigger airplane. I would hate to put it on my GSS, might rip the wings off.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:00 PM
Zippi

The Syssa 30cc is my first choice but I'll have to wait until my new plane comes in and pull some dimensions to see what will be the overall best fit and finish. I'm real particular.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:04 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: w8ye

By the time you put a Pitts muffler and a single bolt hub on a DLE, you will have just as much money in a DLE as a Syssa.
Now right there is something to think about. It makes sense. Capt,n
Old 12-01-2011, 02:52 AM
PlaneKrazee
My Feedback: (14)

ORIGINAL: captinjohn

By the time you put a Pitts muffler and a single bolt hub on a DLE, you will have just as much money in a DLE as a Syssa.

Yeah, And the OS GT33 weighs 2 oz more, has the cylinder set back farther for more cowl clearance, comes with a very quiet pitts muffler, single bolt hub, makes more power and costs $369.00 shipped w/ super saver!
Old 12-01-2011, 05:08 AM
ahicks
My Feedback: (2)

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

ORIGINAL: captinjohn

Yeah, And the OS GT33 weighs 2 oz more, has the cylinder set back farther for more cowl clearance, comes with a very quiet pitts muffler, single bolt hub, makes more power and costs $369.00 shipped w/ super saver!
Capt,n - that's what convinced me to try one!

OS GT33 doesn't have much of a track record just yet. Sounds good, but I'll be hanging back just a little...

I wouldn't hesitate to order another SYSSA, especially when it comes to shoe horning an engine into a tight cowl without it looking like a hack job. The rear exhaust config Syssa is much more compact than any side exhaust config. in my experience. That wraparound Pitts design needs a LOT of side clearance.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:18 AM
hyflyer9

Hello folks
I got a little info from Todd at Syssa Aircraft today and as of rite now he is waiting for some new parts to come in as he had a shipment of parts that came in but was not within tollerance for his engines and also he has a lot of repair work ongoing do to crash damage from a lot of pilots late in the flying season. He is working hard on getting things back to tip top again.
Cheers All.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:40 PM
50%plane

ORIGINAL: Joystick TX

50% - If Todd ever gets caught up, you may be able to get one of the 60cc's he's working on.

I love the idea of a 60cc twin, but I don't like the idea of a bigger airplane. I would hate to put it on my GSS, might rip the wings off.

I will pull the motor off my 88" Edge if Todd ever releases the 60... Also need something for my 46% Slick...
Old 12-01-2011, 01:46 PM
Joystick TX

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: 50%plane

I will pull the motor off my 88" Edge if Todd ever releases the 60... Also need something for my 46% Slick...
Wow, my new plane will be around 86", seemed to be too small for a 60cc, hummmmmm!
Old 12-01-2011, 02:14 PM
50%plane

ORIGINAL: 50%plane

I will pull the motor off my 88'' Edge if Todd ever releases the 60... Also need something for my 46% Slick...
Wow, my new plane will be around 86'', seemed to be too small for a 60cc, hummmmmm!
the 60's seem to have good power on a 50cc plane... My guess is the twin will be able to be optimized to near the power of a 60cc single, but will be closer to a 50cc single in power... either way, should be sweet...
Old 12-03-2011, 07:07 AM
Zippi

Could someone give me the width and height dimensions between the stand-offs. I can't find it on Syssa's site and I didn't see it in their manual.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:38 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Distance between each of the three stand offs is 2.58" C-C the best I can measure.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:52 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

According to my triangular calculations, the height of the triangle would be close to 2.25" from the single bottom stand-off to the middle of a line intersecting the two top stand-offs
Old 12-03-2011, 08:30 AM
mixerfix
My Feedback: (1)

Dear Todd,

First - your post is indeed inspiring. And I agree with all of it.

While not in the US, myself, and not a 30cc user (too big for my apartment/car combination :-) - I quite covet yours. If you make a 20cc, please drop a line :-).

To compare "Chinese deals" - I bought a Moki 20cc (Airworld.de version) and it is more powerful, less vibrating and less troublesome than the ostensibly equivalent DLE20. Yes, it costs more. And yes, it is worth more.

M
Old 12-03-2011, 09:53 AM
skylarkmk1

zippi,

Todd posted the template a while ago in PDF format. Here it is again.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Om33858.pdf (1.06 MB, 9 views)
Old 12-04-2011, 03:04 AM
GLRogers

ORIGINAL: MTK

Good to know this; for what it's worth to you guys, I've run the SAP CDI on the SAP, DLE, BME and OS engines. I've run the DLE CDI on DLE, SAP, Mintor and OS engines. I've run the OS CDI on the OS, DLE and Mintor engines

Point is that the CDI units being offered right now do not appear to have any magic dust (software) in them specific to one engine or another. OS might argue against that of course since they put some goofy software in theirs that prevents firing unless the prop is turning 100 rpm....nonsense in the guise of ''safety''.

The current multitude of CDIs will work with a multitude of engines. No need to fret the simple stuff
I was about to throw my Syssa out the door after working to get it started for months, had tried just about everything, all it would do was pop and blow smoke out the muffler. Ignition looked like it was ok when checking the plug for fire. Anyway, in desperation, I put a DLE 30 ignition on it and it started in 3 flips and ran great. I have sense replaced it with one of Wrong Way's ignitions and have had no problem since. Note: I had even packed the whole thing up including ignition and sent it back to Todd for checking out, Syssa repacked it in a new box and returned it to be pretty quick indicating that they had ran it with no problems. All I can say is that they could not have used my ignition.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:39 AM
Zippi

w8ye / skylarkmk1,

Thanks for the info guys.

skylarkmk1,

When I open the .pdf file it's at 139% and it's hard to read a lot of the wording. Is that at full scall?

Old 12-04-2011, 05:24 AM
JNorton

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need to print it at 100%. 100% is full scale.
John

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.