Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Aerovate YD-A 56

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 01:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerovate YD-A 56

I am interested in new YD-A 56 for a Pitts or ultimate and did not see a talk just about this engine, so thought i would start one.
Would like all info, good and bad, prop size, how they run +++.
Thanks
Tom P
Old 11-03-2009, 08:52 PM
Piston
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Aerovate YD-A 56

Hey 1932

Below is a small review that Dick Petitt of R/C Online did (is doing) on the YD-A 56cc engine. This report is here
[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9028269/mpage_16/tm.htm]Aerovate Engines - Post 397[/link]

Aussiesteve and I have not done a lot of promoting of the engines in the engine forum, because we were leaving this to the users. We feel strongly that the words from the users would be far more useful than ours. We will be writing to update and discuss details of the engines. A lot of work was done in developing the engine, and we are excited to have the YDA -56cc out in the market place.

written by Dick Petitt

I just finished my own prop tests with my new YD-A 56cc engine.

Please note: This engine will NOT be used on a 3D plane, a sport plane or anything that is in the same league as the rest of you are flying.

It will be the power plant for a 1/4 scale 129" wingspan 4200 square inch 35 pound WWI biplane, the Balsa USA de Havilland DH-4.

I originally ran the engine with a Vess 22B and got almost 7800 RPM and LOTS of power to pull the plane vertical (No, not the biplane, it was an AMR Giant Stick 50 at 23 pounds)

FYI, the same plane with the same prop turned by a stock G-62 Lite flew almost as well at 7600 RPM, so the YD-A has at least as much power if not more, and it's not even close to being broken in.

I them mounted 3 other props and did a few tests:

MENZ 23-8 7300 RPM slower flight speed OK vertical

Top Flite 24-6 wood 6750 RPM much slower, but lots of "pull"

XOAR 26-6 wood 5800 RPM slower yet but it will yank stumps out of the ground

I'll probably start out with the 24-6 in the DH-4 and see if it is enough, since the 26-6 loads the engine a bit at that low RPM.

The biplane will only fly so fast, even if I put 4 of these engines on it!

Dick Pettit

"REPORT"ing for the popular "R/C" magazine
that now is "ONLINE"
Old 11-03-2009, 09:45 PM

Default RE: Aerovate YD-A 56

Piston
Thanks for info, I hope that as engines are used, that more info and peoples experience can be posed here.
Thanks
Tom P