TBM - One pi$$ed off ex-customer

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 01:12 AM
6inarow
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TBM - One pi$$ed off ex-customer

ORIGINAL: gjhinshaw

WOW!!! Some of you people are not right!!!! This is a HOBBY!!!! It stated that it was for in stock items only!! What do you think they had hundreds on hand??? MAN!!!! Get OVER YOURSELF!!! Is it worth it???? NO!!! So Move on already!!! It is people like you that make this a BAD HOBBY!!! I missed out on the deals cause I had to work, SO I DIDN'T get on any of it!!!! I feel sorry for you and for the people you hang around you!!! Its not worth getting upset, TAKE A PILL, DUDE!!!! If its a scam thats against the law. So call Them!! I can see that some people are more anal than anothers, But come on......... People make mistakes and YES, and You do too!!! They got hit so hard with orders that the computer could not keep up. So why don't you give them some credit???? I am sure you have made mistakes to and had to call. I am SORRY but GOOD GRIEF PEOPLE!! Don't you have Better things to do???

Talk about "taking a pill", man your going to have a stroke!
Old 12-04-2009, 07:16 AM
MartyH
My Feedback: (16)

Wow am I glad I don't work in retail. You guys are tough. The ad was very clear that it was offering special pricing on in stock, limited quantities. I'm sure the "computer glitch" was nothing more than the computer inventory not matching stock on hand. You're not out anything so get over it. I bet you perform your job flawlessly 100% of the time too.

Old 12-04-2009, 08:05 AM
budchugger
My Feedback: (1)

Well this does not really surprise me, a friend of mine purchased one of there ZDZ 40 cc engines when on sale and about 2 months of it being back ordered they told him if he still wanted it they would have to charge him full price. Seems after hearing this it must be a regular ploy of theres.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:58 AM
arobatx

I got the items I ordered from the Black Friday Sale at TBM, yesterday when I got home....priced and charged as advertised.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:24 AM
MartyH
My Feedback: (16)

Yep, we hold the seller to certain terms and conditions. Sometimes unreasonable or even made up. But, we have terms and conditions to live up to, or accept as well. Arobatx worked within those terms and conditions and TBM honored and lived up to theirs.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:08 PM
wind junkie

What continues to impress me about "the TBM effect" on-line is that there seems to be very little support from people associated with TBM. You have the odd satisfied customer or "sponsored pilot" in some threads defending TBM, but otherwise I find it strange that for a business that size NOBODY who works there actually uses the products and/or will talk about them in these forums.

Seems like missing the boat big time IMO. I find the best thing any vendor can say about his products is "we fly what we sell." Perhaps I missed some examples of this sort of thing, but in recent history far it's been glaringly absent.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:22 PM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Let's assume that there really were only three in stock as was suggested earlier. I think an interesting piece of information is: where did those three go? How far? Were they actually purchased by and shipped to three retail customers around the country, or did they sell to "friends", relatives, employees of the company, maybe to show up again the this company's inventory at a later date. Not saying that they did, but any company that intentionally draws people to them with this kind of ploy might do something really sleazy, not just bordering on sleazy. Just a thought. While what they did was not technically illegal, it would tend to direct me to other companies for a given item.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:37 PM
gjhinshaw
My Feedback: (303)

Deleted..
Old 12-04-2009, 01:11 PM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

OK, there were five instead of three. As long as those five went to retail customers all around the country, we are all cool with the deal.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:12 PM
JOHNS3D
My Feedback: (5)

just move on!!! its friday!!! a week later?
Old 12-04-2009, 01:36 PM
gjhinshaw

Yes they did!! And I can give you last names and States
Old 12-04-2009, 01:54 PM
jvg69

My name is Jamie Garrett and I am the GM of TBM. I personally spoke with Mr.G (thevirginian) who started this post. I very nicely apologized to Mr.G about the situation.if you look at the add it plainly states "IN STOCK ITEMS ONLY.LIMITED QUANTITIES." For that reason I told Mr.G we could not offer a rain check. This was not a ploy or false advertising as people have suggested in this post,we had every single item listed in the add and we sold out of most of the items.Mr.G placed his order and chose to pay by paypal, I did not force him to pay by paypal or any other means. Until an order is PAID for it is not processed,paypal orders are not paid for right away(paypal pays the vendors when they get to it,we have had to wait 3-4 days for payment).Credit card orders are paid immediately and we process them immediately. This is out of our control,we cant tell paypal we need paid asap to process a persons order.Customers do not realize how paypal works,they may get back an email within minutes saying invoice paid but its not.The vendor gets a notice saying at the time the order was placed there were enough funds in their account to cover this charge,when paypal decides to pay (in a day or 2)if the funds are no longer there and we have already processed and shipped the order,who just lost their butt THE VENDOR. People get on these forums and bad mouth and complain and we are liars and cheaters,but I ask you:

ARE YOU RIGHTFULLY PI$$ED OFF AT TBM,OR SHOULD YOU BE MAD AT PAYPAL FOR NOT PAYING YOUR ORDER IN A TIMELY FASHION?

THANK YOU,
JAMIE GARRETT
Old 12-04-2009, 02:06 PM
wyo69cowboy

I'm glad to see Mr. Garrett's response; the only thing I think could have been done better is to let the customer know sooner (a lot) about the status of the order. I don't think a retailer has to do anything more than say "limited to stock on hand" for a sale like this, and we all experience it in other walks of life. I, for one, wanted a new 32" flatscreen on Black Friday, and two large retailers were offering them for $250at least $50 less than the cheapest price I had seen before. I got to the store at 7:30 am; all gone! My fault for not being first in line. In the case of these engines, maybe there's a timeline as to whose order got in first, but I can understand the payment issue with Paypal also. First with money in hand, first to get their engine.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:26 PM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

Wow. That's a stunning example of passing the buck. I can't imagine publicly doing that. If I knew that one payment method was likely to cause delays such as this, I'd be sure to let my customers know it beforehand.

A retailer knows their market. They know that one particular day of the year gets consumers in a frenzy. If they elect to participate in that shopping spree, they should make sure they have the extra staff and support on hand to deal with it at the time. Waiting a week? That's bad business. Blaming others for that week-long delay? That's just poor form.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:44 PM
gjhinshaw

Deleted..
Old 12-04-2009, 02:55 PM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

I'm a pretty savy consumer. It's not any of my business how long it takes a company to process their payments through their chosen transaction methods. If it's not a great method, why accept it?

Who's fault is it if a company has a faulty web site? If a company is aware of the problem and doesn't take steps to fix it, who's fault is that?

I've done business with TBM once. After reading this thread and seeing how company employees and reps behave I won't be ordering again. The situation that the OP stated isn't anything that most of us haven't experienced before, but the way TBM has publicly handled it isn't something to get excited about.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:58 PM
droland

ORIGINAL: jvg69

My name is Jamie Garrett and I am the GM of TBM. I personally spoke with Mr.G (thevirginian) who started this post. I very nicely apologized to Mr.G about the situation.if you look at the add it plainly states ''IN STOCK ITEMS ONLY.LIMITED QUANTITIES.'' For that reason I told Mr.G we could not offer a rain check. This was not a ploy or false advertising as people have suggested in this post,we had every single item listed in the add and we sold out of most of the items.Mr.G placed his order and chose to pay by paypal, I did not force him to pay by paypal or any other means. Until an order is PAID for it is not processed,paypal orders are not paid for right away(paypal pays the vendors when they get to it,we have had to wait 3-4 days for payment).Credit card orders are paid immediately and we process them immediately. This is out of our control,we cant tell paypal we need paid asap to process a persons order.Customers do not realize how paypal works,they may get back an email within minutes saying invoice paid but its not.The vendor gets a notice saying at the time the order was placed there were enough funds in their account to cover this charge,when paypal decides to pay (in a day or 2)if the funds are no longer there and we have already processed and shipped the order,who just lost their butt THE VENDOR. People get on these forums and bad mouth and complain and we are liars and cheaters,but I ask you:

ARE YOU RIGHTFULLY PI$$ED OFF AT TBM,OR SHOULD YOU BE MAD AT PAYPAL FOR NOT PAYING YOUR ORDER IN A TIMELY FASHION?

THANK YOU,
JAMIE GARRETT
Jamie, when I got the call that my order was canceled, I specifically asked if it was because I paid with papal.
I was told that it was not the reason.
I was told that all orders were looked at and processed according to the time they were received.
I'm getting conflicting answers about the issue now.

I run an online business and paypal pays us instantly if the customer has funds in their paypal acccount.
I did have lots of funds in the paypal account I used for my purchase.
I never understood why paypal holds TBM payments.

If I had just known a lot sooner my order was cancelled, I would not have bought a plane specifically for the engine that I was expecting.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:15 PM
chilechopper

I was coming out of California one time and was cut of by a long haired blonde in a t-top firebird. After laying on the horn and getting my hackle up I noticed her bumper sticker read "CHILL OUT MISTER, IT'S JUST A LANE CHANGE". I have applied this a number of times in my life since. I think it approriate here. Just a lane change. LOL,Kenny
Old 12-04-2009, 03:23 PM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: 2walla

Sorry dude, get over it.. I had a zdz 110 and a zdz 40 in my shopping cart and the prices reverted back to full bore when I hit checkout.. The thread on FG was shut down- but the title was a bit offensive as it outright stated fraud in the title... I am sure this thread will get shut down too as I believe both sites have common ownership...
They do not share common ownership. This one ois owned by a liberal news organization and managed by the prvious RCU owner. The other site is owned by RC Groups and managed by another entity. Night and day difference between the two owners, with one being a lot more flexible than the other.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:38 PM
jvg69

As it has stated on our website on the order information page for YEARS:

1) ONLINE - You can pay using Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Paypal, Money order or Cashier's Check. Wait until we email you with the total amount you owe including shipping. Prices shown at checkout DO NOT include shipping charges. Email asking about information if you want to pay with Western Union. (Due to PayPal holding some of our customers’ payments, we are forced to wait to ship PayPal orders (usually 1-2 business days). We are sorry about the inconvenience and urge you to use a credit card which has a the same billing address as your order’s shipping address for the quickest order payment method!”)

The reason why we do take this method of payment is because some customers do not have credit cards and this gives them the option to purchase from us as well.But knowing that it may take additional time to process this order.
Mr.Roland,it is true our orders are processed in the order they were received,but they are not processed until paid in full(paypal explanation).Unfortunately we got bombarded with orders and only one person who can finalize them,so I am sorry it took a while to notify you.This was our first time trying a BLACK FRIDAY sale so it was a learning experience for us and mistakes were made, we are not perfect but we are trying our best. I am sorry you purchased a plane with no motor,when they come back in stock if you want one I will give you a discount( it cannot be a black friday discount ,but I will do something for you).
Old 12-04-2009, 03:47 PM
gjhinshaw

WELL...
Old 12-04-2009, 03:53 PM
dabrandt22

Break into giant scale flying with a low cost 50cc gasser.

Brand new-in-box CRRC 50cc gas engine. Never mounted, still in original CRRC box. Includes muffler shown, ignition, standoffs, and all the hardware. This is a complete package. This was meant for my 2nd 50cc size plane, but purchased a used aircraft instead.

First $260.00 takes this engine, plus $20 for shipping / insurance to US locations only.

Please e-mail [email protected] if interested.

See CRRC link below for more information:
http://www.crrcpro.com/product_show.asp?id=227
Old 12-04-2009, 04:45 PM
JNorton

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: gjhinshaw

WELL....Look there Mr. VIRGIN !! They are willing to work with you??? WOW.... Makes me think that your issues with them are solved! I think TBM was the BIGGER person in this Issue!
Gjhinshaw-
Read your post when you are calm. It soounds just too juvenile. A perfect example why you should never write anything while you are upset.
John
Old 12-04-2009, 04:54 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: chilechopper

I was coming out of California one time and was cut of by a long haired blonde in a t-top firebird. After laying on the horn and getting my hackle up I noticed her bumper sticker read ''CHILL OUT MISTER, IT'S JUST A LANE CHANGE''. I have applied this a number of times in my life since. I think it approriate here. Just a lane change. LOL,Kenny
I bet that blond with long hair in the T-Top Firebird was pretty! Capt,n
Old 12-04-2009, 04:56 PM
JOHNS3D

thats why i pay with my CC when i need the things A.S.A.P. I use paypal on ebay and other auction sites where i need to be protected for no product shipped, etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.