Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

About Rcexl ignition & RCGF ignition Issue

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

About Rcexl ignition & RCGF ignition Issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 10:49 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: About Rcexl ignition & RCGF ignition Issue

Xu Liang,

Sir,

I have a need to have a new ignition cap design manufactured. Similar to the rolled caps already in use. Would your company be capable of performing such a task? It would be on a quantity basis.

Please send me a PM if your firm has this capability or is associated with another that could do the work and we will discuss further.

Sincerely,
Pat Roy
Old 12-22-2009, 10:55 PM
rc_cdi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sure. Our company has 12 employees and two developers .450 square meters of development base. The company attaches great importance to new product development and commitment to the cause of models.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:03 PM
Tired Old Man

Some years back who made the ignition was a large part of the buying decision. At least for me. When the original BME made a switch to Falkon ignitions and I was looking for a new engine, I made it a point to let BME know any engine I bought would have a CH or it wouldn't get bought. So my engine came with a CH. Same happened with another engine manufacturer that made a switch to a Cimmaster ignition unit. I would not buy their product with that ignition. The failure rate of the ignitions other from CH proved my refusal to use a different ignition a good move. I don't have ignition failures with any engine I fly.

Now moving forward a little, although there were some things I didn't like about the origin of RC Exl, when CH became involved with a part of their development it made a big impression on how I viewed the RC Exl product. The input from CH somewhat legitimized the new ignition products and provided me a bit of faith that the RC Exl ignition would be of good quality.

So for me, hiding who makes an ignition because you don't what to advertise for that ignition company is a good way to lose sales. I'm not fond of the idea that I might purchase an engine that has an ignition "without portfolio". A perfect example of why you don't go that route can be found with some of the engines that Hobby People sold for awhile. Lots of ignition problems. Fuji had similar issues. If I have an inclination that I might need to purchase a back up ignition for a new engine I probably won't buy the engine. Instead I'll buy an engine where I know that I will have a fully and correctly functioning ignition that will work for a long time to come. If RCGF is changing the labels because they don't want to advertise for RC Exl, it's my belief they are making a big mistake. I would not buy one of their engines unless I had absolute faith in every associated component. But that's just me, others like higher risk levels.

So I'm not buying into the label changing statement even a little bit. I don't think they are so dense to fail to understand how a manufacturer's name can be quickly associated with a mark of quality and use that association to increase or maintain market share.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:08 PM
Tired Old Man

ORIGINAL: rc_cdi

Sure. Our company has 12 employees and two developers .450 square meters of development base. The company attaches great importance to new product development and commitment to the cause of models.

What would be the best method of continued contact? I will be out of office until January 3, but further discussion could take place after that time.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:09 PM
Piston

Okay some further updates for you all

1. RCGF bought a significant number of RCEXL ignitions - confirmed
2. RCGF took the RCEXL stickers OFF the original RCEXL ignitions - confirmed
3. RCGF applied their own stickers to the original RCEXL ignitions - confirmed
4. RCGF is searching for a NEW IGNITION SUPPLIER - confirmed
5. RCGF is no longer receiving product from RXEXL - confirmed
6. Today aussiesteve took two of the RCGF labelled ignitions apart and examined the components. He confirms that the ignitions are 100% RCEXL ignitions system. This adds credence to the story of RCGF taking off the original RCEXL labels and applying their own.

For all the above statements I have emails from RCGF affirming the above 1 to 5.

So the ignitions that are CURRENTLY being shipped are more than likely true RCEXL ignitions. FOR NOW....

That does NOT excuse RCGF from their actions. Their reasoning does not make sense on any level.
Mr. Liang, owner of RCEXL has stated in an email to me that he does not wish to discuss the business details of why the relationship has ended.

As a distributor I have asked RCGF when they were going to inform us of this situation, and about a "new" supplier.

Like many others have stated here, I am also a big supporter of RCEXL ignitions and their product line. One of the original reasons I took on the RCGF engines was due to the RCEXL ignition system.

I have received a letter from Mr. Liang, stating that he will support ANY warranty claims made on the ignition systems provided by RCGF regardless of the label on them. Therefore ALL current owners of the RCGF (Aerovate) engines are covered and have NOTHING to worry about.

What is worrying is WHEN the supply of RCEXL ignitions is expected to end, and then what? This situation is still to be addressed.

Cheers
Henry

Old 12-23-2009, 01:21 AM
mtenginesusa

After one year or two. if new ignition supplyer of RCGF are showing same quility and reliability as same as RCEXL system . and pass the CE.RoHS cetification . sure some RC engine factory in China may try to use them . time will tell .
Old 12-23-2009, 05:45 AM
rc_cdi

Can be very clear, RCEXL company will provide a permanent cessation of any ignition product for RCGF.
We do not and bad faith of the manufacturers cooperation. This is the principle.
Not because of money. Is because the issue of credibility.

Thank you very much for understanding and support of
Old 12-23-2009, 08:45 AM
aussiesteve

ORIGINAL: Piston

Today aussiesteve took two of the RCGF labelled ignitions apart and examined the components. He confirms that the ignitions are 100% RCEXL ignitions system. This adds credence to the story of RCGF taking off the original RCEXL labels and applying their own.

Ok - just to clarify that point.

I took the covers off two of the "RCGF Branded" ignitions on my remaining RCGF Engines. These are the same engines that were supplied to my specifications and that specification included (among other things) GENUINE WALBRO Carburettors as well as GENUINE RCEXCEL Ignitions. I would not accept any product that didn't meet those specs (I am not a fan of EMAS carbs and am definitley not a fan of any of the "other brands" of "Eastern Ignitions". Further to that, the last time I received a shipment of engines from the RCGF Factory was well before the July Changeover date. (no point ordering again if the factory refuses to sell me any spare parts )

Engines delivered after that time? - who knows what they have got. My understanding is that, if the claim about a simple changed label is true, the only real way to tell is to open the cover and look inside - this will of course invalidate any warranty and will damage the box.

Who knows - maybe one day we wil see an organisation such as this one [link]http://www.e001.com.cn/english/index.htm[/link] making ignitions

Old 12-23-2009, 09:39 AM
rc_cdi

look inside

to open the cover and look inside - not damage the box,Tear label stickers, no screws. Very easy to open.

Not invalidate any warranty ,Rcexl To do this.As long as genuine RCEXL

Old 12-26-2009, 08:09 PM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

Mr Xu - this is all good information.  Would you tell us if the genuine Rc Excel ignitions that you make are good for the 2S A123 ?  Some distributors are saying that they are failing, but mine have been working.  Have there been changes to the internal components that make them not work anymore on 2S A123 batteries??
Old 12-26-2009, 09:08 PM
Tired Old Man

Steve,

When companies sign on to and comply with ISO standards we'll finally have something going. Until then, who knows?
Old 12-26-2009, 09:51 PM
ircfly

Am I the only one amused by Chinese complaining about a product name/design being ripped off?
Old 12-26-2009, 10:04 PM
Tony Hallo

Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts

No you're not, I too find this amusing.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:32 AM
Tired Old Man

Me three
Old 12-27-2009, 11:49 AM
Walt and Sage

ORIGINAL: Bob Pastorello

Mr Xu - this is all good information. Would you tell us if the genuine Rc Excel ignitions that you make are good for the 2S A123 ? Some distributors are saying that they are failing, but mine have been working. Have there been changes to the internal components that make them not work anymore on 2S A123 batteries??
Bob this is Walt...
We have been placing a IN4001 diode just before the ignition using the A123s
lowering the volts to just a fraction above 6 vdc ... Walt
Old 12-30-2009, 01:24 AM
bcchi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Me too
Old 12-30-2009, 02:32 AM
Tired Old Man

You should be. They copied from you originally.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:27 AM
bcchi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

O no I would not believe this for a min.
Send me your mailing address,I have somthing to send you.
Happy New Year
BCCHI
Old 01-01-2010, 07:21 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There is a lot said about you need at least 12 inches of seperation from ignition components and RX gear. Looks like if you use the CH ignition unit it will work ok in a very small gas powered airplane. See photo. Not my airplane, but it looks fun. Capt,n P.S How do you get the 12 inch seperation?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ro41797.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	1346759  
Old 01-02-2010, 09:28 AM
Jezmo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Capt'n, that's my bigger one; I've got all that same stuff packed into a 40 size SuperSportster running a SuperTigre G51 converted to gas. Nary a glitch in over 100hrs of flight time. The batteries are literally packed on top of each other and the CDI box is less than an inch away from the RX. The two switches, RX and Ignition, are stacked against each other. It was the only way to pack it all into such a tiny airframe but it works. Bill C. is "The Man". Terry, you too. CH all the way for me baby; The good stuff.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:02 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jesmo,That is way cool! Do you have any ignition airplanes that work as good without the DX7 radio? Thanks capt,n
Old 01-05-2010, 08:48 AM
kingspark

Interesting!

Cheer up, Mr Liang, you will get the final success!
Old 01-05-2010, 09:19 AM
mtenginesusa

sub
Old 01-05-2010, 12:49 PM
Jezmo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[sm=confused.gif]!
Old 06-22-2011, 11:41 AM
Andika

Who makes RCGF ingitions right now ?
Are they as reliable as the RCexl ones ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.