Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

RCAero JC Engines & YDA Engines

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 06:55 PM
apalsson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RCAero JC Engines & YDA Engines

Third thing - if this engine is from the Chinese assembly batch, I'd toss out the spark plug and get a genuine NGK CM6
Old 04-29-2011, 03:56 AM
rt3232
My Feedback: (6)

Have heard those stories about the chinese plugs I will have to look, I got this engine from Henery at the Toledo show in 2009 and as I remember he told me it had been checked out, but will deal with it

Off yo work

Cheers Guys Bob T
Old 04-29-2011, 04:53 AM
Tseres

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob T. I think yours is the original batch from OZ. Check the plugs anyway. RC Exell ignitions don't like 6v. Especially the older ones.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:18 PM
rt3232

Ok due to Friday nite commitments all I got to check was the plug is nkg cm-6 made in Japan the battery pack is a 4.8 4 cell sub-c 3000mh that indicates no/load 5.2 v with a load 4.9 and the ignition is an rcxl

If all goes well will get to do the rest of the checks tomarrow evening after work

and again thanks fo all of the suggestions as this old man needs all the help he can get

Cheers Bob t
Old 04-29-2011, 09:04 PM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: rt3232

Have heard those stories about the chinese plugs I will have to look, I got this engine from Henery at the Toledo show in 2009 and as I remember he told me it had been checked out, but will deal with it

Off yo work

Cheers Guys Bob T

He told me the same thing about an RCGF 100........
Old 05-01-2011, 09:15 PM
Tseres

TOM. Your'e alive. Folks are questioning your whereabouts on FG.

I have completed my first bout with competition. Got to start somewhere.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb86617.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	1602741  
Old 05-01-2011, 09:31 PM
T3beatz
My Feedback: (4)

Good Job, Congrats!!
Old 05-02-2011, 03:38 AM
Super08
My Feedback: (2)

You did well, way to go Tom.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:17 AM
rt3232

OK Tom you old gezzer Quit showing off But congrats on the win.

Still hsvr not got bsck to the 56

Cheers Bob T
Old 05-02-2011, 08:26 AM
rt3232

Got the day off so have been trying to give all of the suggestions a try.
First one, bat direct to ign, no change[>:] checked battery like I said it is a 4 cell sub-c 3k ma pack no load reading 5.2 with a load 5.0 even, So went bsck thru fuel system nothing found, Decided to pull carb and do a complete tair down under my 10power bench glass, Reed side first nothing that could be seen , reeds lay nice and flat on a piece of glass both ways. So on with the pump/needle side and and still nothing, removed hi/lo needles and checked them with an eyepiece they look normal and symetrical as you turn them, Fresh can of carb cleaner and back and forth through all ports all drippings on to a white piece off hard paper, nothing that I can see on the paper after it dries, Then blew out all ports with 20psi air.

Re assembled carb again cleaning each oiece as it was assembled. installed to engine, got the engine back in the bird set needles at 11/2 fueled it up, set full throtle and choke cranked till it poped reset choke and throtle about 6 cliks and we are running about 3k on the on bord tech let it warm up a bit idel down to about 1800/1900 rpm, throtle up and it goes to 6998 rpm Running a 20 X 10 Zinger Pro. great throtle responce.

Now I have 3, 8 minute runs and at all rpm's so it looks like we have resolved my problems

So untill next time all I can say is THANKS for your suggestion

Now if mother hature will just cooperate with some good weather we will try for a maiden

Cheers Bob T
Old 05-02-2011, 09:24 AM
plane addicts
My Feedback: (271)

ORIGINAL: AJsToyz

I see the JC 60 and 30 in the RCU market. I went to the JC website and they show the following

23cc evo
28cc evo
30cc evo
51cc
60cc evo
102cc

What ever happened to the 38cc ? I thought Bobs was going to be selling the JC/YDAero or does Plane Addicts = Bobs ?

Bob hobbies is not Plane Addicts
. We are a seperate company working with JC engines on promoting there engines. I have performed flight test for Henry when he had the YDA and JC lines. Now we are working on our own and importing directly.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:03 AM
Tseres

ORIGINAL: rt3232

Got the day off so have been trying to give all of the suggestions a try.
First one, bat direct to ign, no change[>:] checked battery like I said it is a 4 cell sub-c 3k ma pack no load reading 5.2 with a load 5.0 even, So went bsck thru fuel system nothing found, Decided to pull carb and do a complete tair down under my 10power bench glass, Reed side first nothing that could be seen , reeds lay nice and flat on a piece of glass both ways. So on with the pump/needle side and and still nothing, removed hi/lo needles and checked them with an eyepiece they look normal and symetrical as you turn them, Fresh can of carb cleaner and back and forth through all ports all drippings on to a white piece off hard paper, nothing that I can see on the paper after it dries, Then blew out all ports with 20psi air.

Re assembled carb again cleaning each oiece as it was assembled. installed to engine, got the engine back in the bird set needles at 11/2 fueled it up, set full throtle and choke cranked till it poped reset choke and throtle about 6 cliks and we are running about 3k on the on bord tech let it warm up a bit idel down to about 1800/1900 rpm, throtle up and it goes to 6998 rpm Running a 20 X 10 Zinger Pro. great throtle responce.

Now I have 3, 8 minute runs and at all rpm's so it looks like we have resolved my problems

So untill next time all I can say is THANKS for your suggestion

Now if mother hature will just cooperate with some good weather we will try for a maiden

Cheers Bob T
Way to go. I knew you could fix it.
I know you used every bit of that 10X magnifier. LOL.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:10 AM
apalsson

Hi Bob,

This is good news. Good to hear your engine is running well.
These engines like a bit bigger prop. Try 23x8 - you should get good solid performance on that size. Forget about static max RPM. You will find that in flight, you have very good midrange power on a prop of that size.

Tom:
Congratulations on your win!!
You show-off you
Old 05-03-2011, 06:25 PM
rt3232

Apalsson

I hear what you are saying about props now have an hour and 10 minute on it and it realy seams strong, also it is easy on fuel just a bit over an oz per minute, and will just have to try a few props to see what fits my flying style ahd this bird It is a 1/3 Weeks Special not sure about the weight forgot to weigh it.

Cheers Bob T
Old 05-03-2011, 07:08 PM
apalsson

I have been told there is a new Distributor for JC Engines in the US, or PlaneAddicts who have been frequent posters here.
PlaneAddicts has come across as a standup guy who looks after his customers and knows his stuff.
Needless to say, I assume they will take over warranty support for JC in the USA from now on?
The latest batch of YD-A engines was made by JC Engines (for Henry) so I assume PlaneAddicts will support those as well?
Old 05-04-2011, 05:51 PM
AQualityRepair01
My Feedback: (5)

A diaphram change is only necessary if you are using this new b.s. they are selling, ethanol, we are fortunate to have one station around here selling gas, no ethanol, that does not play hell on the internal parts of the carb.  Government is about to cut out the real gas they are going to make him change over, what kind of b.s. is that.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:14 AM
BadAzzMaxx

ORIGINAL: apalsson

I have been told there is a new Distributor for JC Engines in the US, or PlaneAddicts who have been frequent posters here.
PlaneAddicts has come across as a standup guy who looks after his customers and knows his stuff.
Needless to say, I assume they will take over warranty support for JC in the USA from now on?
The latest batch of YD-A engines was made by JC Engines (for Henry) so I assume PlaneAddicts will support those as well?
The problem with dealing in JC engines is like opening a box of candy, You never know what you are going to get and believe me I know.

Milton
Old 05-05-2011, 01:39 PM
Planeclothes

ORIGINAL: BadAzzMaxx

The problem with dealing in JC engines is like opening a box of candy, You never know what you are going to get and believe me I know.

Milton
I agree. In my case I opened a total of three boxes and they all had issues.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:50 PM
aussiesteve

We can be pretty certain of what is likely to be in there
It is especially the "flavor" that is indescribable

Can't change embedded traditions in some cultures unfortunately.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:24 PM
rt3232

Just a little up date now have 1 hour and 10 minutes of time on the engine and I realy like what I have, Next step isit to get some weather on a day off and go fly this bird. If my on line order for props shows up will us a 23 X 8 if not will be a 22 X 10. and I think I will be changing the oil to synthetic at 50 to 1 after a few more tanks just din't like the mess, worse than the birds I have to clean as a kid when working to get rides

Cheers Bob T
Old 05-05-2011, 06:55 PM
aussiesteve

Good to hear Bob

It wouldn't hurt to change the oil now if what you are using is too slimy or messy. As the engine runs in it will make a mess from the exhaust anyway and you want that "black stuff" to come out of the exhaust instead of staying in the engine.

My favorite oil here for them is 40:1 of Castrol TTS (the all synthetic one) or 40:1 Redline. I use that as a standard mix for al of the 2 stroke enignes I have around the property as well as my RC enignes. I have been testing both oils side by side for a few months now with no appreciable difference between the two on engine internals (Wear or carbon buildup). I am running one in most of my engines and the "new mix" in a selected 3 engines that get flown as regularly as any of my other engines as they are in my favorite planes). I am only changing to the new blend because that particular oil is very much more readily available here than the other one and is also certified to the higher JASO standards than the existing one of the two. (We can't get Stihl Ultra or Pennzoil here [])
Old 05-06-2011, 05:50 AM
plane addicts

How is it going. You are right we do now carry the JC line of engines direct. Many of you have seen my posts on the forums and that we fly what we sell. In fact I have a new pitts bipe on the way for one of the engines lol.

Now to the nitty gritty of the situation lol.

We are not doing anything with the YDA line. That was Henrys baby and I use to just fly for him. Unfortunantly stuff with that went by the way side. He had the right to the motors from what I understand and I havent heard from him in a while. Maybe one day they will come pack out on the market because I really enjoyed these motors.

Now the JC engines are another story. We have picked up there product line ourselves after the Henry ordeal. We are an factory direct dealer/distributor for there line of engines.

So for warrent at this momment we are able to service the new 30cc and 60cc motors that we sell. We are working on becoming a full service center for JC engines.

As for the YDA warrenty I dont have permission or a way to get parts on these motors since I havent talk to Henry in months. So I guess these motors will have to be sent back to Bobs Hobbies for them to handle the warrenty on.

I will post pictures of the 60cc and 30cc with some info soon for everyone.

Tom
Old 05-06-2011, 11:21 AM
apalsson

Hi Tom
Long time no speak
Best of luck with JC. Have you been flying the 60cc already?
When will we see details of the 30cc?
Old 05-06-2011, 11:46 AM
plane addicts

Hey Ari,

I have ran the motor on the bench. I have a Pitts bipe coming to put it in. I will have a bunch of info and pictures for you guys soon on both the 30 and 60cc motors.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:25 PM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: AQualityRepair01

A diaphram change is only necessary if you are using this new b.s. they are selling, ethanol, we are fortunate to have one station around here selling gas, no ethanol, that does not play hell on the internal parts of the carb. Government is about to cut out the real gas they are going to make him change over, what kind of b.s. is that.

New?? Where have you been hiding? Lots of this country has been using it for over 20 years with no problems.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.