Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 03:59 PM
Experten109/40
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)

will swap a brand new never ran DLE20 for a e-flite power 160 with the prop adapter & mount.
good swap I think, pm me if interested. thanks.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:18 PM
litterbug

Looking for a new home for my dle 20.  I have been checking out the many different profile planes.  I have narrowed the choices down to 2,  aeroworks prox 260 and the profile yak from valleyview.  I'm liking both of these planes and wonder if I can get some more indepth insight on the 2 of them.
     A1pcfixer, I have seen the setup on yours and after flying it for awhile I was wondering if you have any extra setup advise or anything that you would change from your initial setup? 
     Somebody has the valleyview yak profile, Can you give me any advise on your setup and how it flies?
Thanx in advance.

Old 06-21-2011, 05:19 PM
RiverLarry

man !!! I dont know GAS BATT and they run I cant seam to see the problim people are having
on my 2 one I broke in !!! I never touch the carb idel 1600 rpm xrol 17 6 prop right out of the box !!!!!
I must be doing something rong nothing towine about I fiele left out!! did put a ngk in 1 thing@ 0.022 gap R/L
A1pcfixer I think you need to send me a diff. phone ###
Old 06-21-2011, 09:11 PM
bcchi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: litterbug

Looking for a new home for my dle 20. I have been checking out the many different profile planes. I have narrowed the choices down to 2, aeroworks prox 260 and the profile yak from valleyview. I'm liking both of these planes and wonder if I can get some more indepth insight on the 2 of them.
A1pcfixer, I have seen the setup on yours and after flying it for awhile I was wondering if you have any extra setup advise or anything that you would change from your initial setup?
Somebody has the valleyview yak profile, Can you give me any advise on your setup and how it flies?
Thanx in advance.

I am flying the vv profile yak with a DL 20 have around 20 flights on it.I'm starting to like it a little bi,but it's hard to look at.That was for Jody.LOL.The little 20 pulls it stright up like aerrow.Will hover at half throttle.I have everything installed in the fuse.Useing to Life batteries.Guess will plug ignition into radio everyone seems to be getting buy with this. Have to use a lot of ail diff to strighten out the rolls but still rolls a little funny.I did build a longer and wider landing gear for it,to get a little more prop clearence.The DL 20 is a little monster am flying two of them soon to be three.17x8 xaor is prop of choice.I have put the Bowman ring in all of my DL 20&30s.The new DL rings are much better then the first ones.I am running the RCEXL radiuam plugs no better then NGK-CM-6.Of course I am using the C&H ignition with the Syncro spark timing control in all of my DLs seven of them. Try the vv profile it is a fun plane and I can carry it put togeather.
BCCHI
Old 06-21-2011, 11:27 PM
a1pcfixer
My Feedback: (7)

................I'm liking both of these planes and wonder if I can get some more indepth insight on the 2 of them.
Only thing I changed for the better, was to put on Tetherite L-G (crazy legs @ OMP) for improved prop to ground clearance.
Otherwise, just keep everything forward as it's a tad tail heavy by design (Mark & Rocco state it's desinged tail heavy for hard core 3D flyers).
With the battery/rcv/eng mounted forward your all set. Fly's like a dream!

I'd considered the VVRC profile yak, but was unavailable when I instead got the AW PROX260 Freestyle. Initially thought that the VVRC yak was cool because everything went in the fuse, but after reading comments by someone who actually put one together, not so good. Very little room inside, hard to get to wing bolts.

Between the two, either gets the job done, but here's what I found;

AW:Wing Area 952 Sq. In.
VVRC yak:Wing Area: 899sq.in

The AW is $40.00 cheaper.
The AW is a full pound lighter in AUW ready to fly with the DLE20cc installed.

Jody claimed theirs was to be lightened in the latest batch, but the user who did one came in 1+ lb heavier than the AW.
The DLE20 will haul either easily.

Btw; so far it appears that it does it's best with a 17 x 6 Vess -or- Zoar prop.
Put this eng right into it's power curve!

Photo with the Aerographix see through tank underneath is current setup.

EDIT: (fwiw)......
VVRC carries -or- (drop ships?) AW models, and AW carries DLE20's.
I think each also has combo deals as well.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32073.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	1626164   Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85679.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	1626165  
Old 06-21-2011, 11:46 PM
TimBle

My DLE 20 is the most boring engine I have owned in my 15 months in this hobby.
It fires up reliably
runs reliably
sounds great
sips fuel
produces excellent power

I have nothing to write about it. I've already forgotten I have it. It just sits there on the front ofmy plane and does its job.
Occasionally someone will come over to me and want to know ow I got my 4 stroke running so smooth and so powerfully. Then they realise its a petrol and they're gob smacked. thats about as exciting as it gets.

Now my glow engines often have me speaking in tongues....
Old 06-21-2011, 11:47 PM
a1pcfixer

LOL!!!
Exactly right.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:03 AM
boostoman

ORIGINAL: a1pcfixer
hey , thwet size is your fuel tank? and for how long do u fly with it?

................I'm liking both of these planes and wonder if I can get some more indepth insight on the 2 of them.
Only thing I changed for the better, was to put on Tetherite L-G (crazy legs @ OMP) for improved prop to ground clearance.
Otherwise, just keep everything forward as it's a tad tail heavy by design (Mark & Rocco state it's desinged tail heavy for hard core 3D flyers).

I'd considered the VVRC profile yak, but was unavailable when I instead got the AW PROX260 Freestyle. Initially thought that the VVRC yak was cool because everything went in the fuse, but after reading comments by someone who actually put one together, not so good. Very little room inside, hard to get to wing bolts.

Jody claimed theirs was to be lightened in the latest batch, but the user who did one came in 1+ lb heavier than the AW.

Btw; so far it appears that it does it's best with a 17 x 6 Vess -or- Zoar prop.

Old 06-22-2011, 03:25 AM
a1pcfixer

8 ounce, and I fly for around 12 minutes with the possibility of 15 minutes.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:28 AM
boostoman

hey , thwet size is your fuel tank? and for how long do u fly with it?

ORIGINAL: a1pcfixer

Old 06-22-2011, 03:35 AM
TimBle

I have a 14oz in my Spot On and I can fly for around 25-30 min on a full tank.
Even with a full tank the vertical is still unlimited.
apparently I can extract more performance by advancing the timing (?)
Old 06-22-2011, 04:12 AM
a1pcfixer

litterbug,

More info on the vvrc pro yak is in this thread.....
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gall...eadID=10197884
(find the photos with checkerboard pattern then look below for link to msg)
spinnerrow & metalicajunkie have/had them.

AW PROX260 is in this thread.....
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_96...tm.htm#9629537
Old 06-22-2011, 12:57 PM
futura127
My Feedback: (57)

Ok I hate to almost ask this but is there a specific way of setting the throttle butterfly so it closes properly to shut off the motor? I have tried the richen thing which worked great for idle from higher RPM so I assume that I need to take it apart to fix the centering. I need to have so advise before I pull the motor out and jump into it. Thanks in advance for any advise. And I did do a search here and I didn't find anything but I am sure it was addressed somewhere within these 154 pages.

Joe
Old 06-22-2011, 01:00 PM
MetallicaJunkie

im extremely happy with my VVRC hybrid yak... i love that everything is installed internally. yes it was a P I TA putting it together but well worth it. On the wing bolts i use bonded washers and that keeps the bolts snug. A buddy of mine the Aeroworks profile, it is a nice plane, i just dont like seeing the ignition and tank on the outside..

if anyone has any questions about the VVRC yak feel free to ask... i would be happy to help
Old 06-22-2011, 01:08 PM
a1pcfixer

futura127,

Post #3795 by microdon2
Old 06-22-2011, 01:18 PM
MetallicaJunkie

make sure the throttle stop isnt interfering.... the engine should die when the butterfly is fully closed,unless you have a strange airleak
ORIGINAL: futura127

Ok I hate to almost ask this but is there a specific way of setting the throttle butterfly so it closes properly to shut off the motor? I have tried the richen thing which worked great for idle from higher RPM so I assume that I need to take it apart to fix the centering. I need to have so advise before I pull the motor out and jump into it. Thanks in advance for any advise. And I did do a search here and I didn't find anything but I am sure it was addressed somewhere within these 154 pages.

Joe
Old 06-22-2011, 01:19 PM
futura127

Thank you Jim!
Old 06-22-2011, 02:00 PM
reaaz

Hello all, Have a DlE 20, wondering where I can find a detailed wiring diagram with a kill switch, not familiar with gasser... as yet!
Old 06-22-2011, 02:00 PM
a1pcfixer

ORIGINAL: MetallicaJunkie

make sure the throttle stop isnt interfering.... the engine should die when the butterfly is fully closed,unless you have a strange airleak
Yep, remove that idle screw. Set the idle with the tx.

I heard of just one (so far) that had an issue of an air leak.
Was an issue with one of the 4 bolts on rear of engine.
Stipped threads -or- cracked case, I forget which....but very rare none the less.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:19 PM
rhd-RCU
My Feedback: (36)

Profiles were meant to be flown, not looked at. I am just use to seeing the tank there. Don't need an Aorora 9 to know the fuel level.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:19 PM
futura127

Ok I removed the carb and the butterfly looks perfectly centered. However, there is a notch on the bottom of it that would leave air go by not sure if it is supposed to be there! I am trying to see a picture of this in the drawing but can not see it. Looks to be about a mm2.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:25 PM
microdon2
My Feedback: (47)

Futura - can you post a pic of that throttle plate? I've had throttle and choke plates wear a notch in them while wide open from the vibration of the engine. Could have been the servo's were set to extend too far, also.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:29 PM
futura127

I only ran two tanks. I will send you a pic soon. Can I have your email address?
Old 06-22-2011, 02:36 PM
microdon2
My Feedback: (47)

Futura - If you ran only two tanks it's probably not a wear-notch, like I suspected. But pls send me that pic, anyway. Does the throttle plate have a similar notch?

Mike
Old 06-22-2011, 02:41 PM
futura127

Sent email.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.