Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Setting up a Quadra 35 ??

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 09:04 PM
mackey1
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Setting up a Quadra 35 ??

I have a used Quadra 35. I have several questions. What oil and oil to fuel ratio do you run? What should I expect full throttle RPM to be? What sparkplug seems to work best?

In setting the carb needles, I seem to get full power but the idle is rough and is showing 2200-2300 rpm on the tach. How can I smooth the idle out and shouldn’t it be closer to 2000 rpm?

If the idle is rough and the engine stumbles a bit in transitioning to full throttle, should lean the low end needle? Or what? About how many turns out should the low and high needles be?

Obviously I am struggling. Should I set the high end for max RPM or should I get max RPM and then richen a bit?

All help will be appreciated.

Bill
Old 07-25-2010, 09:11 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Setting up a Quadra 35 ??

Richen it slightly from maximum lean

The sweet spot rpm for high speed is around 7400 rpm. Prop accordingly normally 8" pitch
Old 07-26-2010, 08:21 AM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Setting up a Quadra 35 ??

The quadra35 was my first gas engine. Ran it on Stihl oil 1:80, and a 18x8 prop. Smaller props just did not seem to pull as well.