Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Black goo

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 10:05 AM
ww2birds
My Feedback: (14)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Black goo

Oil eater is also good .. Costco has it in pretty large jugs. I cut it 3:1 (3 parts water to 1 part Oil eater) to spray on planes to clean up the crud that comes out when the motor is still breaking in .. removes that goo perfectly. Not sure how it would do on the syn oil cooked goo.

Only exception is my Yellow P-40 with Keleo scale exhausts ... leaving the breakin goo on the plane to create some very nice scale exhaust "burns"...

Dave
Old 09-04-2010, 11:16 AM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I found a new product I really like the more I try it in all my engines. It is in a spray can with a long tube so you can apply it easy. Last fall I fogged all 4 cylinders of my Merc outboard & also took the drain plugs out of carb bowls and foamed the inside of them too. This spring the Merc started right up on first try and ran perfect! That was a first!

Since I have sprayed a good shot in all my RC Model engines (many) and Then a few days later flipped them over to see the results. Wow it frees them right up and even thow this fluid is thin...the engines had better compression. One of the pistons on a bigger engine had some blackness on side of piston. Well this spray loosened it up and I could remove it with a Q-tip. Give it a try. Capt,n
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38136.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	1495117  
Old 09-04-2010, 02:14 PM
dumorian
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: w8ye

Best thing is not to get in the Amsoil trap in the first place.

Saw a friend fall for Amsoil - and then running it richer 80:1 - and then all the black goo - and then he changed to Redline at 50:1 - and he's now happy.

Has taken all flying season for the black to work its way out of the engine/muffler.
This could be my exact same story. The remainder of my Amsoil products went into the garbage can. Never again! I was just about to quit flying altogether. We also are pretty certain that it was the root cause for the total loss of one 33%er. That might be a very conservative statement, leaving a lot of leeway for other unknown possibilities.