RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Gas Engines (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/)
-   -   CH Ignitions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/9911573-ch-ignitions.html)

w8ye 08-04-2010 08:18 PM

CH Ignitions

<big><big><big><big><span style="font-weight: bold;">With regret Bill has advised that due to health issues

CH Ignitions will be closed for now.

Do not send engines or repairs.

We will keep updating on this site.</span></big></big></big></big>

wyo69cowboy 08-04-2010 08:21 PM

RE: CH Ignitions

Hope he's recuperating well; I know he had some serious surgery recently. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and hope to see him flyin again soon!

flatspinjim 08-04-2010 10:34 PM

I hope he gets better soon. Those farm boys are tough and have a lot of fight in them.

BadAzzMaxx 08-04-2010 10:49 PM

What a bummer, Been one of the best for years.

Bill get better soon and try to injoy what is left.

Super08 08-04-2010 11:13 PM

Best wishes Bill, I hope you are back on the road to recovery.

BadAzzMaxx 08-04-2010 11:23 PM

I know that most people who fly RC model gas engines do not know this but bill is the pioneer of RC ignitions for RC gas engines, I am sure that somewhere along the line somebody else might have done it but he was the first, A few years back if you flew a RC gas engine it had his ignition on it.
It is so good that one of the best ignitions out of China is manufactured form it.

I have converted a lot of chain saw engine in the past as well as others using his ignition and never had a problem with them,

I do not know how bad his health is but Bill here is hopping a speedy recovery and hope you have long time to enjoy the later years in your life.

Milton

captinjohn 08-05-2010 09:08 AM

I sent Bill a Get well card through the regular postal mail, but have not seen a posting or anything on how he is doing.

Bill if you read this ..no need to reply...we just want you to get well. I &amp; Dawn do pray for you &amp; others on a regular basis. I hope many reading this will pray for you too. I have personally seen it help a lot of the time. Sometimes we got to put things like this before our Hobby.

Will be doing just that. Capt,n

Super08 08-05-2010 09:23 AM

John I had and have been rather concerned. I last chatted online with Bill on July 16th on the other forum and his last post was on the 17th. It sounded like he was having a hard time bouncing back after the operation and was worsening. I sure hope he will be OK. Like Jim said they make them farm boys pretty tough.

pe reivers 08-05-2010 10:52 AM

Get well soon Bill.

Antique 08-05-2010 02:07 PM

Bill, you know how I feel...Get well and then RETIRE :D

RTK 08-05-2010 11:06 PM

Bill hope all turns out well, oh and KEEP making ignitions:)

karolh 08-06-2010 07:53 AM

May the good Lord continue to bless you and grant you a full and speedy recovery Bill, as with HIM all things are possible. All the best to you and yours.

Karol

JoeAirPort 08-06-2010 08:50 AM

Oh no. Get better Bill !!!

Tired Old Man 08-06-2010 09:46 AM

Bill,

I know that you are experiencing some extremely difficult times but I hope you pull it off and get back to us soon. Your absence affects us all. You are missed and I'm looking forward to seeing you back in good health.

Jezmo 08-08-2010 11:20 AM

Hi Bill, You have touched my life in a very meaningful way and I am very greatful. Your kindness and generousity are well known on this board and others. Know that my prayers are with you and your family and as Karol mentioned above, Through HIM all things are possible.

Butch (AKA Jesse)

T28Driver 08-18-2010 07:31 PM

You're one of the best Bill! All of your friends over here in Sheridan have got you in our prayers and are flying a bunch of flights for you... get better soon. And all these guys are right, we Wyoming guys can be pretty tough son of a guns ;)

DaddySam 08-20-2010 02:43 AM

Bill,
Best of luck with your current health issue. You've been a real asset to this hobby and are a great person to boot. Know that you and yours are in our prayers and thoughts. All the best,
Sam

BadAzzMaxx 08-20-2010 10:23 PM

Bill posted this on FG

Copy and paste
\I am home now,going about 10 %.
I had to let TKG go could not pay him.He is working a couple hours a day doing repairs and warranties.I am thankful for that.
At this time it looks like C&H is gone for ever.I say this with tears in my eyes and a heavy heart.
I am sorry for any problem this may cause anyone.If you have a Ign that needs serviced or repaired
Just buy a RCEXL Ign probably from Jody at Valley view.
Same circuit as my Ignition but I no a few things to make it better.
Thank everyone for there thoughts a prayers.
As Ever BCCHI

Super08 08-20-2010 10:32 PM

That broke my heart reading it.......I sure hope he is feeling much better soon.

karolh 08-21-2010 07:39 AM

Great that Bill is home and hopefully is on the mend. Really very sad new about the possible demise of CH. It would be great if someone stepped up to keep this great business venture alive, with Bill's blessings of course.

Karol

pe reivers 08-21-2010 02:04 PM

Just thinking what would be possible: I think that Terry would have Bills blessing, and already is in the know of most parts.

Tired Old Man 08-21-2010 05:04 PM

I've made promises to say little or nothing but I don't believe what you suggested will be so.

captinjohn 08-21-2010 10:31 PM

I wonder if FMA Direct company would be interested in taking over the CH brand of ignition systems. FMAcan doa lot with electronics. This would be with Bills consent only. I think we all should put on our thinking "hats" and try to at least suggest any info that may help this dilemma.

I am sure there is a couple of guys that could take over a good business of making and selling top notch ignitions like BCCHI did. Please do not take my thoughts the wrong way....just want to help out Bill. Hey...maybe FMA could get with Jody and then Jody could sell FMA chargers ect &amp; ignitions like the good ones Bill made. Jody could install the ignitions too, that FMA made. Well just a idea anyway. Best Regards Capt,n

tkg 08-21-2010 10:32 PM

Instead of a perfect world where the plan was to do just what Pe suggested. This year has been a perfect storm of complications and bad timing.
Not anybodies fault, but it just is.

Tired Old Man 08-21-2010 11:37 PM

Terry,

Do you have the time or inclination to do some repair work? For compensation of course. I've been meaning to send you an e-mail a couple weeks ago but things kept getting in the way.

Bill,

CH is not nearly as important as you are. You've had a pretty rough time of things and I'd rather see you be healthy that be worring about ignitions. Get well buddy.