Community
Search
Notices
General Racing Discussion Open discussion about racing and racing related topics

s

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 03:01 PM
grubs4flyn
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default s

Hey guys... Does anyone make a compact, one piece starter and battery combo with a 1.5 glow wire hook up? Just curious....
Should someone market one??
Old 09-29-2005, 03:28 PM
garys

Default RE: s

Never seen one. Personally, I'd be leary of something like that. I'm not sure about having a wire run from in front of the prop to the glow plug. Seems like it wouldn't be too hard to get it into the prop.
GS
Old 09-30-2005, 05:35 AM
luv to race

Say what? you mean having a wire running from your self contained starter, that wire is the glow plug wire? Keep those two items separate. Use a Radio South glow driver, Koonie Glow Driver from Harold Satler, a McDaniels glow stick thing.

Randy.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:24 AM
grubs4flyn

you guys are right, guess you can tell I've never been on the starting line. Maybe just a place to plug in your Glow starter to keep it hot charged would work. I like the idea of a one piece starter and battery however....
Old 09-30-2005, 10:46 AM
daven

I like the RCATS glow driver, kinda spendy, but I haven't charged it since Winterfest in January

I am using your basic sullivan starter with the battery pack. I don't like to be without juice at a race, so I filled it with 12-3300 mah NIMH cells. Works real well, but kinda an expensive set up.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:48 AM
daven

That reminds me of a funny story, After we raced on Saturday in Ft Lauderdale this year, I decided to charge the starter above off of the rental car battery through my triton charger so I would be in good shape for Sunday.

Needless to say, the car battery was dead when it was time to leave