Community
Search
Notices
General Racing Discussion Open discussion about racing and racing related topics

hobby stores in Arizona

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 12:12 PM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default hobby stores in Arizona

I'm in the Phoenix (Mesa, Chandler) area for the weekend, any good hobby stores that ought to be visited if I get a chance?

Thanks,
Old 05-24-2008, 12:57 PM
garys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: hobby stores in Arizona

I haven't been to any of them in a few years, but here's a couple that were decent in Mesa, and one in Chandler. Viper and Adventure are big in electric stuff, and D&D probably is as well now days.

D&D Hobbies ..............6247 E Main St # 5 (south side of Main street between Recker and Power)
Viper Hobbies............. 4410 E University Dr # 10 (Northeast corner of University and Greenfield)
Adventure Hobbies ..... 1949 W Ray Rd # 31 (Southeast corner of Ray and Dobson)

Farther away if you're feeling adventurous

Frank's Hobby House.... 12008 N 32nd St, Phoenix, AZ (basically the SW corner of 32nd St and Cactus) or one of the Hobby Bench stores.

There are others that can be found on google, but I've never been to them.
Old 05-24-2008, 01:50 PM
tucker1865
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you don't mind the drive, Hobby Barn in Tucson should not be missed. Just Google "hobby barn tucson and you will get everything you need to find it. A map and reviews. I believe it is on the east side of town.
Old 05-25-2008, 12:58 PM
fizzwater2

stumbled across adventure hobbies by luck yesterday, our daughter was taking us to one of her favorite places to eat, and it was right next door! Usually on a trip like this I don't end up with a chance to visit other stores, but I guess I got lucky this time.

Today we're headed out of town again, so I won't be able to visit any more, from the looks of it. It's always worth a shot, eh?

Old 05-28-2008, 02:20 PM
fizzwater2

I managed to get a little time before heading home, and visited Viper hobbies and D&D on Tuesday morning.

Ended up buying an engine at Viper (can't pass up a bargain..) and D&D was empty! Looks like the shelves & stuff were there, but the store was cleaned out.

Another one bites the dust?