Community
Search
Notices
General Racing Discussion Open discussion about racing and racing related topics

One of our own.

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 06:22 PM
skull1971

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One of our own.

Hey guys one of our racers is down and he and his family need our support and prayers. Kyle Foote, a great young man, and dear friend to me and others, was in a bad accident on Oct. 6. Kyle is in ICU, in Temple, Tx. at this time. I don't feel it is my place to give the details on Kyle, or what happened, I'll let you look for yourself, but there is a thread on the Flying*Giants site, and at.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kylefoote

Kyle only started racing this year, and in his first race took 2nd behind Mike Helsel, in 428 at Texas City. Please be sure to sign his guest book on caring bridge. You can also post here, I'm going to send his Dad the link, and he's also been posting on the FG site.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:05 PM
skull1971

Default RE: One of our own.

Please go to the caring bridge site for an update.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:18 PM
luv to race
My Feedback: (1)

Eric,

Thanks for that link to Kyle's story. Some of us (in pylon racing) have experienced severe tragedy in our lives. Things of this nature are never easy. My most sincere condolences go out to Kyle's family.

My cousin, Earl H. Scott, was a California Highway Patrol officer for 5 years when he lost his life making a simple traffic stop. The guy he stopped, got the jump on him and shot him in the head. They say that time heals all wounds.... that's not true for me. I think of my cousin every single day. Even when I'm pylon racing across the county.

Randy Bridge
Old 10-21-2008, 05:05 PM
skull1971

Thank You Randy, most of us are still in shock, I know I am.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:54 AM
skull1971

We had a great service for Kyle yesterday, and I was honored to be a part of it. I WILL NEVER forget Kyle, and will miss him everyday. If you never got to meet Kyle, you missed out an a great young man. I may never fly an R/C plane again, and not think of him. Terry, his father, posted some of the day's events on the FG site.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:23 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hang in there bro, I thought about you and your friend this morning as I was headed to the field to fly with my buddy.

[sm=sleeping.gif]
Old 11-01-2008, 06:23 AM
BUDMAN27

I,m so sorry to here this news. Having lost one of my sons a few years back I feel the pain. Everything happens for a reason is what my sister told me when my son died. I,m not sure what that reason is ,but I do bealeave there will be a day when we shall all know why.Keep your head up and lets go fly some airplanes. That is what they would want us to do.Peace out
Old 11-01-2008, 07:14 PM
skull1971

Not to overstep the Foote family, but I like to thank everyone at the Texas Club 40 race today. Before the start of the races Jim called for a moment for the memory of Kyle.