Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

73" or 87" Sbach??

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 08:11 AM
capitalB
My Feedback: (36)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 73" or 87" Sbach??

I really like my Pilot 30% Yak as it flies great,is strong and lite-weight. I am shopping for my next plane and was wondering if I should stick with the 50cc size or try the new 30cc size plane? I have had MANY planes in the past and nothing small seems to fly as good as the bigger stuff(wing-loading issue?) I can't stand planes that snap or tip-stall in 3d flight and land like the space-shuttle.I have been reading nothing but good things about the new 30cc size planes,but if cost is not a concern,how are they compared to the 50cc ones? Anybody who is flying both,your input would be appreciated. Also DLE-30 or is there a hot-new 35-38cc engine that I should look at? The big question would also be,If you could buy it again,would you buy another 30cc plane,thanks for your input.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:49 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 73

ORIGINAL: capitalB

I really like my Pilot 30% Yak as it flies great,is strong and lite-weight. I am shopping for my next plane and was wondering if I should stick with the 50cc size or try the new 30cc size plane? I have had MANY planes in the past and nothing small seems to fly as good as the bigger stuff(wing-loading issue?) I can't stand planes that snap or tip-stall in 3d flight and land like the space-shuttle.I have been reading nothing but good things about the new 30cc size planes,but if cost is not a concern,how are they compared to the 50cc ones? Anybody who is flying both,your input would be appreciated. Also DLE-30 or is there a hot-new 35-38cc engine that I should look at? The big question would also be,If you could buy it again,would you buy another 30cc plane,thanks for your input.
Thanks for posting this. I was wondering some of the very same things as I am considering getting a 30cc plane and my major concern is comparison flight characteristics between the 30cc and 50cc planes.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:32 PM
rcplanenut
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 73

Bigger flys better. That says it all. That being said, I am in the process of putting together a simaliar plane. A WildHare Yak55 with a DLE 30. I figured I would give this size plane another try after flying a buddys WH S-bach with a DLE 30. I only flew it 1 flight but it seemed to perform much better than the older plane/engine combo's. I believe this is because the newer designs are lighter and the DLE is stronger.