Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Engine box question?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 08:23 AM
skillet92

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine box question?

Ok guys lets see if I can ask this right. I bought a Thunder Tiger 50cc Yak 54 this past weekend at a great deal. Had a fellow getting out of the hobby and was selling all his stuff. The yak that I bought has the landing gear on and he had started the engine box. My question is the plate that he glued up front is 5 inchs on the right side and just over 5 inchs on the left. For you guys that have built these size planes is there suppose to be more offset for right thrust? And yes I do have metal brackets to bolt the front plate to the ply coming out of the fuse. Also is there any down thrust that needs to be added. I ask because a fellow at the field said that as long as I had the spinner centered in the cowl opening I will be fine. Thanks.

This will be my first 50cc plane so I don't want to do it wrong.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:00 AM
closetguy
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Engine box question?

that is the norm on most ARF's today,it should work out to a 2 degrees off set to the right.
they are a nice flying plane.