Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

MPI ACC134N 5A Voltage Regulator - 6/5.4V selectable

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

MPI ACC134N 5A Voltage Regulator - 6/5.4V selectable

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 06:31 PM
bbrown2828
My Feedback: (76)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MPI ACC134N 5A Voltage Regulator - 6/5.4V selectable

If you have any feed back on these regulators please put the input good or bad here... Iuse them in my 50cc Airplanes with Dual Batts and Dual Recievers..... I was just wondering if anyone else was using them my local hobby shop sold them to me told me they would be fine and then I had a few places online tell me that they where not that good here is the specs of them

Universal Connector• Input Range: 4.8V - 8.4V• Selectable Output: 5.95V or 5.4V• Current: 5A continuous, 10A peak @ 7.4V input and 5.95V output, Weight: 0.7oz

I run Fromeco batts one on each reciever and then each reciever has a alerion and a Elevator and then one of the recievers has the rudder and then other has the Throttle

Here is a picture of the regulator

Old 07-06-2013, 07:52 AM
Mr_Grump

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MPI ACC134N 5A Voltage Regulator - 6/5.4V selectable

Hi

Came across your post when searching for businesses who sell these regulators.

I've been using them pretty much as you have to include the redundancy. I've had them in two or three giant scale planes for a few years with no issues. I'm not a frequent flyer lately. I maybe fly 2 to 3 times a month. I've been preoccupied with work and a new workshop. I use Fromeco batteries as well. I also buy LG cells off Amazon and build my own packs. So far, so good.

I'm likely going to order some more. I don't like adjustable regulators. To me, that's just more complication which adds to the possibility of a failure. The fewer the components in the regulator circuit, the better.

Good luck with your regulators!