Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

AW Extra 300 or EF Extra 300 w/DA 50

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

AW Extra 300 or EF Extra 300 w/DA 50

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 07:51 PM
roadkingbill
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AW Extra 300 or EF Extra 300 w/DA 50

Ok have the funds know need to make a decision. It is down to the AW 88 Extra 300 (red scheme) or the EF Extra 300 (yellow/blue). Lots of pros cons on them for me.

More work to complete but you get more carbon items with the EF.

The AW is almost done you gotta buy the carbon but it seems to be the more stought of the two. This is important to me as I have not flown in 5 yrs. I do have a 73" AW Yak w/ YS140 but have not flown it yet due to no radio. (my new 9503 DSMX is on the way)

I love they way both fly in vids, motor is the DA 50 on a carbon pipe. Thoughts !
Old 05-12-2011, 04:57 AM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: AW Extra 300 or EF Extra 300 w/DA 50

For your purposes either one is fine. If one wanted to fly advanced IMAC or hard core 3D, EF. I think the EF planes have to really be pushed to the limit to be appreciated. Just flying around, doesn't matter. Either one is a nice quality ARF. I flew my buddy's AW Extra 260 and I really like it but no comparison to my EF Extra, especially in 3D mode. The EF has no bad habits in 3D mode, where most other brands will show some weird stuff (coupling). But if you don't fly 3D you'll never notice this. If I were you I'd just go with the one that you liked the looks of the most.