Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Aeroworks Extra 300 50cc w/ DA50 & pipe

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Aeroworks Extra 300 50cc w/ DA50 & pipe

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 05:43 AM
flyerdave
My Feedback: (212)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aeroworks Extra 300 50cc w/ DA50 & pipe

Just wondering if anyone is flying this combo and how you like it. I need some feedback before I pull the trigger to spend the $$$.
I love the looks of this plane and I'm told that the DA50 is a real dream with the RE2 tuned pipe on it. Thanks
Old 05-12-2011, 04:34 PM
roadkingbill
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Aeroworks Extra 300 50cc w/ DA50 & pipe

Looking at this ans the EF Extra myself. The vids of the AW extra look great.  I am leaning towards the EF only because of cost and you get carbon fiber items for no extra charge. The AW is 50.00 more but it is almost finished also.

I already have a DA 50, just need header and pipe.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:00 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Take a look at the PAU Extra 300Sp as well! It comes pre-hinged, carbon wing and stab tubes, BEAUTIFUL scale carbon landing gear, H9 titanium pushrods, PAU signature anodized aluminum control horns, Dubro fuel tank, Sullivan wheels, Dubro axles AND wingbags!!!

All you need to furnish is servos and arms, engine, switches, batteries and a fuel dot!

Take a look here: [link]http://www.flypau.com[/link]

Good luck with your decision! There are definately MANY quality products to choose from today!!

Regards,

Astrohog
Old 05-12-2011, 06:57 PM
MetallicaJunkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: astrohog

Take a look at the PAU Extra 300Sp as well! It comes pre-hinged, carbon wing and stab tubes, BEAUTIFUL scale carbon landing gear, H9 titanium pushrods, PAU signature anodized aluminum control horns, Dubro fuel tank, Sullivan wheels, Dubro axles AND wingbags!!!

All you need to furnish is servos and arms, engine, switches, batteries and a fuel dot!

Take a look here: [link]http://www.flypau.com[/link]

Good luck with your decision! There are definately MANY quality products to choose from today!!

Regards,

Astrohog
they are starting to catrch my eye.... the scheme seems a little light though... i like more bold colors. i like ther sukhoi!
Old 05-13-2011, 03:58 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

Nothing against Aeroworks, but you might also take a peek at this
http://www.chiefaircraft.com/rcmsec/...xtra30030.html

I've had excellent results from PilotRC planes and if you order them direct you can do custom scheme.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:50 PM
phantomdriver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out the Slick 540 by EG Aircraft..........Aztech R/C Great price and the quality is outstanding.
I'm installing the DA50 with a cannister should be a great flyer. Comes with complete with all the
carbon goodies as well...........free shipping to boot.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:21 PM
Jezmo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been flying the AW Extra 260 in my avatar for about 4 years now and IMHO it's the best flying plane I've ever owned. As far is the DA50 with a pipe, why would you need the pipe on that plane? The Extra weighs about 17 lbs and the DA with the stock muffler makes well over 30 lbs of thrust (actually it's between 31 and 33 depending on what prop is on it). Mine is a rocket-ship that leaves a hover faster than most sport planes taking off on level ground.

The DA really does like that pipe when you get everything tuned right. It sounds like a great combo and as I said above, I really like AeroWorks planes. Fit and finish is excellent and they are tougher than some of the others out there when it comes to a little abuse. Good luck on whichever you choose.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:46 PM
nitro wing
My Feedback: (1)

The EF Extra maybe the biggest, fattest and physically most impressive. If that counts GET IT.
Its light and nimble and big, floats and tears into 3D with ease. A pipe may help to get as much thrust as possible to perform unlimited. It also excells at any freestyle or IMAC.