Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Finally flew my 30cc Sbach

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Finally flew my 30cc Sbach

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 08:05 PM
SharpProp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally flew my 30cc Sbach

Wow what a great bird. I'm not gonna lie, this thing got my knees knocking! Once I got it trimmed out and let my heart settle down a bit, I flew a couple of circuits around the pattern. I decided to do a roll and WOW. That was faster than any other plane I have and that was only on low rates!! I'm glad I had enough expo. Although I have added a little more, due to my land being a little squirrelly. I was chasing the controls a bit because they were still a little touchy around center. I can't wait to go out again and get this thing dialed in so I can really get a feel for it. I didn't have the stones to go back up for a second flight. This plane made me feel like a rookie again...ha!!!!

Old 06-06-2011, 01:00 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts
Default RE: Finally flew my 30cc Sbach

hehe ya I love my 50cc SBach.

I helped a guy maiden a 30cc this weekend, it was fun but I'm glad I got the bigger one. Tame down the throws and increase them as you gain confidence, lots better than going the other way around.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:58 PM
SharpProp

I agree. The throws were just about perfect for flying. I just need to soften them up with some expo, for when I land. I really wanna get back out and get a good feel for it. Does this plane like coming in relatively slow or do you come in with some speed? My first landing attempt was too hot and I had to go around. The second one I was able to land but it was still a little quick. Any suggestions?
Old 06-06-2011, 03:29 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

Mine will float in and 3 point at walking speed.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:23 PM
SharpProp

Great to hear! I'll work on slowing her down a bit.