Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Great Planes Yak-54 25%, In Need Of Right Wing Panel

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Great Planes Yak-54 25%, In Need Of Right Wing Panel

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 07:36 PM
cloud_master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Planes Yak-54 25%, In Need Of Right Wing Panel

Hello everyone. Bad day for my dad and I. 6 flights and the engine quit on the Yak in a bad spot with 12 knot winds and the plane didn't make it back to the runway. Ended up cliping a chain link fence with the right wing. Overall, I think we got lucky with mostly just the right wing needing to get replaced. Minor repairs here and there. We are using an Aerovate 45cc. Seemed to run ok, but it did quit twice on us today (1st time I made it back to the field safely). Both times seemed to be induced with inverted flight. We did check out the clunk and such, and no apparent problems. The engine would sag like it was getting fuel starved, but not 100% sure if it's fuel related or not. Anyone have any experience with the Aerovates and any issues?

Anyways, bottom line is we need a wing, and it looks as though you can get a wing kit, but it's $200 and it comes with both sides. We only need the right side and hopefully don't have to spend that kind of money. Anyone have a line on where I can get just the right wing panel w/ aileron? I emailed Omni models as they have the wing kits on ebay, but i'm sure they will only sell it as a pair.

Thanks for any help you can give.