Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Amazin service from Chief Aircraft

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Amazin service from Chief Aircraft

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 10:49 AM
metzgerk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amazin service from Chief Aircraft

Hi all new to rc universe i was in chief aircraft in DeLand Fl was looking around well at the end of it allI went ahead and bought a plane. I must say best service ive had in a long time, The whole staff was very knoweledgable. Absolutly go back again and would recommend to anybody.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:05 AM
metzgerk

Default RE: Amazin service from Chief Aircraft

Old 09-09-2011, 03:41 PM
Outlaw308

Yes they are a great bunch of people all of them are vary helpful
Old 09-10-2011, 06:45 PM
Outlaw308

Old 09-10-2011, 08:52 PM
MetallicaJunkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol you all must be buddies
Old 09-11-2011, 05:56 AM
brian5

I had just the opposite. I bought a pilot yak 30cc and the canopy had a crack in it. Called them and they said the would send me a new canopy but I would have to cut the covering and glue the new one on the hatch. They wouldn't supply the glue either. There's no way to do that and make it look right with the skills that I have. I can pull the old off, glue the new on, but the covering deal is what will look like crap. They have complete hatches in stock And won't let me swap out with them. They won't return my calls either. Last plane I will ever buy from them.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:40 AM
flying skunks
My Feedback: (7)

Here's the Chief responce to Brain5. First off he did not purchase the plane from Chief Aircraft as stated. He decided to use another approved vendor and the plane was shipped to that vendor as requested. A week later we were advised that the canopy had a crack, Brian5 called Chief direct rather than follow up with his chosen supplier. Brian5 was told about the status of canopy/hatch assy's and was never told that we had assemblies in stock, we dont. Brian5 received an offer from us to send the canopy assy back to Chief and we'd do the canopy installation, this offer was not accepted and he went off.
Simply put at that time he was asked to contact his vendor and we would settle with the vendor, a replacement canopy was sent that day. He's right, we wouldn't call him back.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:39 PM
Steve oh 82

Chief Aircraft is da bomb! I haven't had any problems with there service. One time I had a damage canopy and they sent me a new part to instal. It was easy. My 5 year old could have installed it.

Brian5 You shouldn't spread rumors they will bite you in the azz. You didn't even buy it from chief! Maybe say something about the vendor you got it from.

Or just get out of this hobby! Nobody likes dealing with whiners!
Old 09-13-2011, 04:50 PM
Hill202
My Feedback: (24)

Through out the years, I've purchased alot of planes and engines from Chief and never had any problems with thier service.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:55 PM
Outlaw308

OK metzgerk
When are we going to see some PIC of that Chief Aircraft new ARF
[8D][8D]
Old 09-13-2011, 07:54 PM
brian5

Well, Donnie, I don't think it was you I talked to on the phone. I never went off, as you say and last thing the guy I talked to said was, "let me talk to my manager and I'll get right back with you" ten min later my supplier called me back. Haven't heard from you yet. Since I posted this my inbox is full,...FULL! of other people that have said they have had similar bad service from you guys. I have used you guys for my real planes and for our customers planes for about 7 years buying avionics thru the company I work for. Never again for my stuff and I'll be showing this to the owner the owner because he was setting right beside me when I made the call. I never raised my voice to any of you, as a matter of fact, everyone I spoke to was polite, just didn't have the answer I was looking for and was supposed to get back with me. I was not happy with the solution you offered and I wanted to see if there was another alternative soultion. If you say that you mailed out a new canopy, I haven't seen it. I will be calling you directly tomorrow but sadly for you it won't be to purchase the new gamin stack for my a36 that I'm in the market for. Our company has spent thousands of dollars with you over the years and your gonna let a little canopy get in the way of that? Good for you. You deserve a raise!

Steve oh, thanks for the advice. I'll look into it.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:08 AM
flying skunks

"Glueless", so you weren't HAPPY with what solution? We offered to send you (which your vendor has) a new canopy, and we offered to do the job for you which you elected not to accept and you're still not HAPPY?
So you lie about the entire situation, now you defend your lies? What you have is a HEART issue, you think it's just OK to go lie about such a minor issue because of what, your temporarily inconvenienced. No It's all about being "that guy" and expecting the globe to center around you. If they don't do what I say, "I'll slamm em".
Now I hear this, well I was Going to buy a Garmin stack and now I'm not because of the cracked canopy and all your lies, Please.
Do you honestly think for a minute that we just send Garmin stacks out to skilless folks like yourself, get a "glue".
Do this, rather than say to your boss don't buy from Chief any longer, look at him in the eye and tell him you posted lies about us about a product you purchased from someone else and ask him for a raise, then call me and tell me how that went.
Contact your vendor, he has your canopy.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:49 PM
FormerCA.
My Feedback: (8)

Interesting.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:58 AM
flying skunks

.........[X(]
Old 09-16-2011, 01:54 PM
brian5

I'm trying to let this go. Trying
Old 09-17-2011, 05:14 AM
SmoothFlying

ORIGINAL: brian5

I'm trying to let this go. Trying
Brian5, you sound like a 2 year oldwhining. REALLY!! Ok so you get a damaged partthat happens in shipping and you contact Cheif to see what they can do for you. You state you are the worlds worst builder, among other things, and Cheif takes that into account and offers to you to send the part to them so they can replace the canopy correctly and then send it back to you and you are upset??? *** dude?? Do you want Dana to hop in his personal plane, fly to your house, take it back to the shop, fix it and then hand deliver it back to you?? Are you really that off? And then you want to twist the story around to say you arent getting any help from Cheif? Dude you need your head examined because they are going way above and beyond to help you out. First of all they dont have to do a darn thing to help you. They did not damage the part. Did you not think that Chief is not Pilot?? Did you not think that Chief is a distributor for Pilot and that Pilot is a separate company from Chief?? HMMMMMMMMMM..... Maybe you should be getting in touch with Pilot who actually MAKES the plane and see how they can help you from China!!!And then you want to act like a 2 year old and bring up "I'm not buying a Garmin stack cause I'm 2 and taking my ball home with me". By all means you have the right to buy your avionics somewhere else! Go ahead and pay more for that product somewhere else. Heck if I were Chief I'd love for you to go somewhere else so I wouldnt have to deal with your headache. Heck you'd probably get the product and say the wire to hook itup to the planewasnt straight enough and you want a whole new one. Dont lie and try and make Chief out to be the bad guy. You are the one who doesnt want to work with anyone.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:16 AM
brian5

Still trying to let this go, but... No one that has posted here heard the conversation that I had with them. It was not a shopping defect. I never got the offer from them that was posted here till later, after this post was made. I have been satisfied by chief and my supplier. I made the mistake by wording my first post wrong and I apologize to chief and anyone that has read this post other than Donnie. In my personal opinion he has been very unprofessional about this whole deal as he was not the person I talked to and he has no idea what was said on the phone. I don't believe I asked for anything out of the question. Besides, all they had to say was no, and they never did. Since this has been started, I have received good service from chief and will do business with them again. And about the looking my boss in the eye, he was setting right beside me in the break room when I made that call, and when I showed him this post, he couldn't believe what he was reading. He asked me if he needed to call the owner, I said no.
I was letting my supplier handle the canopy issue. I called chief that day looking for a main gear for my sbach, and after that was handled, a simply asked how the canopy deal was coming along. I was transferred to two other people when I ended up with the young man I had this whole conversation with. His name was not Donnie, and he is on the other side of the USA from him.
In closing, this was a bad deal from the get go, I should have never posted any of this, and I'm sorry I did. I never lied about any thing I said on here. I will do business with chief again if they will let me, if not, that's ok too. To the other people that have bashed me on here, have a good day.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:44 AM
flying skunks

if you must know , Dana was in Florida for the past few weeks , and was the person that was responded to your post under my sign .....So , to put that in your mindset , that the owner was directly responding to you , and you did speak to him on the phone ...I will take the heat ...

all I can say , " STUPID SHOULD HURT "
Old 09-17-2011, 09:46 AM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

Old 09-17-2011, 09:53 AM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

Nice!

ORIGINAL: metzgerk

Hi all new to rc universe i was in chief aircraft in DeLand Fl was looking around well at the end of it all I went ahead and bought a plane. I must say best service ive had in a long time, The whole staff was very knoweledgable. Absolutly go back again and would recommend to anybody.
Old 09-17-2011, 11:12 AM
brian5

Ok you win.
Will you guys be coming to the hot springs huck fest? I'd like to talk to the both of you and apologize to you face to face.
Old 09-17-2011, 11:32 AM
flying skunks

I would Love to be there , just one heck of a drive from here ...We will be at the 3D Farm Huck-o-Ween at the end of next month , and teh All Up Huck at the end of this month ...both in Georgia .....
Old 09-18-2011, 07:36 AM
Outlaw308

Went to Ocala and had a blast with the new Edge 540 put that DA 120 in it I got from Chief Aircraft it pulls that thing around like a ragdoll.

Thanks Chief Aircraft
Old 09-21-2011, 10:06 AM
miliciousmetal

(metzgerk) Im goint to Chief Aircraft this afternoon around 3. Can you meet me there?
Old 09-21-2011, 03:55 PM
Outlaw308

miliciousmetal I see you are finely on RCU

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.