Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 06:52 PM
Gillotti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some advice

Hey guys, I have a 30cc edge with a DLE in it. the airframe is a cheap chinese brand, nothing but problems. i would like to put the guts into the aeroworks extra. I question if its worth rebuilding a 30 cc with the guts i have. the dle 30 seemed hard to start, always had to use a starter. and the throttle responsive seemed sluggish ( doesnt have the rear carb mod). Also i had hitec 5645 on the surfaces. the old airframe seemed a bit sluggish, not sure if it was the airframe or the servo speed. any advice would be great, thanks
Old 09-21-2011, 08:09 PM
phantomdriver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: need some advice

If you want to stay in 30cc class get rid of the side carb and get the adapter from tower hobby for rear carb. This may present a issue with spacing from firewall in the modification.
I went through the same throttle response and modified it and works great. Tuning was a lot easier as well. Good Luck
Old 09-22-2011, 04:53 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

5645s are slow for a digital servo, 5625s are better and close to the same torque, IMO for a 30cc plane they'd be fine (2-ail, 2-ele)

Something werid I found with the 5646s when I was programing one for a tail wheel retract operation. The stock programing is @ 70% speed, not 100%. I'm not sure why and I couldn't get an answer from Hitec. But with a programer you can set them to 100% and they speed up some.

good luck
Old 09-22-2011, 05:17 PM
Gillotti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks guys, i'll have to look into a programer. does tower sell them